• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Vs Falcons 2024 wk 1 Gameday Thread

Man Mike sure is one lucky ODB that didn’t choke that one away after his very questionable in game decision making

I guess we have a new "slash".

Welcome Boz (kicker/punter)

🤪

I don't think there's any way Russ doesn't start next week if he's healthy. Can't rely on the defense to win games for you every week.

No way. We have to get rolling with our 1.
Meh....did Wilson actually win the number 1 role.....or was it just handed to him? Tomlin has roled with the hot hand in the past....

Wilson isn't our future...but Fields possibly could be. Make our future now. Why wait?

Perfect ending
92th35.jpg

Interesting game. Watt is truly unreal even with the officials screwing him on 1 of his 2 strip sacks called off due to penalties. Fields held his own and his running truly is a game changer. No WR's seemed to get open. That needs to change. The D is unreal. Go, Beanie!!!! Sucks to see our punter go out like that. He's a stud back there too and is probably done for the year. Boz is amazing!

I will take this win any day. And, a parting FU to the officials!

And who do you think starting at QB? Fields at?

I don't think there's any way Russ doesn't start next week if he's healthy. Can't rely on the defense to win games for you every week.
I thought Fields had a good game and his upside is more than Wilson's. Personally I hope they stick with him knowing he's going to take some lumps but also will make up for it with his athleticism.

Meh....did Wilson actually win the number 1 role.....or was it just handed to him? Tomlin has roled with the hot hand in the past....

Wilson isn't our future...but Fields possibly could be. Make our future now. Why wait?
I hear you. I just don't think he's ready (may never be) and he doesn't have the experience Russ has.You would basically commit to wasting the defense we have now. Russ might have 3 or 4 years left...bring in a WR next year and you can make a run. I personally don't see that with Fields, but I would love to be proved wrong.

Fields earned the start next week! I bet Russell Wilson will still have a sore calf on Saturday!