• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers vs. Raiders - Week 5 Game Day Thread

how did Najee get even 3? The defense met him in the backfield. They sell out to get him and he still got 3.

Now we getting ready for another Steeler Special.

Got to know where you are Justin. I mean everything was a nice about the play, Very fortunate that Muth came down with it after Jefferson pushed it down into his hands, but but its all for naught because the QB doesnt know where he is. Sigh..... Boz is the MVP of the whole team.

Fields has no feel for the game. No touch on his passes, etc. Time to go to Wilson.

This is not a good game for Justin Fields. He's wildly inaccurate on his throws even the easy stuff and he's not able to move this offense! You can't lead your team to a TD on 1st & GOAL you probably shouldn't be starting QB! The offense actually went backwards there!

So imagine watching a Chiefs or 49ers game and seeing them do a potentially disastrous lateral like the Steelers just tried. It’s an indictment.

At this point I'm just really ready to see Russ. How much worse could the offense possibly be. I had great expectations forJF but he just doesn't do it for me. Even if that td had counted it would have been fortunate for him because it was in sight and reach of multiple defenders.

I would rather it not come from injury. Hell just give him a series or two. Knock the rust off.
I don't get your lovefest for Russ to be honest. If Fields was playing crappy I would be on board. He isn't though. Not even close. Our 2 losses were by a total of 6 points. One on 4th down on the last play of the game. SMH

He has played the best QB since Ben was here.

Rudolph was better at the end of last season, IMO. The offense actually didn't look like a bunch of squirrels ******* a football for once.

Fields has been starting in the league for four seasons now. It's doubtful he'll ever improve enough to be the guy long term. He's made some plays, but nothing in the passing game looks fluid or efficient with him.

iu

The Bishop!

How about a 1st down pass play? Not some kind of play action. Just let Justin take a snap and throw a 1st down pass beyond the LOS.

At this point I'm just really ready to see Russ. How much worse could the offense possibly be?? I had great expectations for JF but he just doesn't do it for me. Even if that td had counted it would have been fortunate for him because it was in sight and reach of multiple defenders.
We all got that the first 10 times you posted it. :LOL:

I don't get your lovefest for Russ to be honest. If Fields was playing crappy I would be on board. He isn't though. Not even close. Our 2 losses were by a total of 6 points. One on 4th down on the last play of the game. SMH
He isn't playing crappy? What game are you watching? He's a dynamite RB today. Sucky QB, though.

At this point I'm just really ready to see Russ. How much worse could the offense possibly be. I had great expectations forJF but he just doesn't do it for me. Even if that td had counted it would have been fortunate for him because it was in sight and reach of multiple defenders.
You know, that pretty much sums it up for me. I dont know how you do it with the team winning the game so far. I guess they are so scared that if Russ gets a series or two, Fields and his delicate mentality might just go sit in the corner and cry or something. They are acting like Fields is 12 years old. If the coaching staff wants to see what the offense looks like with the player, who has a super bowl ring and mulitple pro bowl selections, that was named the starter at the first of the year, then by God they should put him in and see. If it doesnt work, Fields will go back in. Jeez, these guys are not china dolls.

I'm leaning your way but Justin is playing his worst game today, this season. Maybe the fact of Russ being #2 is too much; but, that's speculation...