• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers vs. Raiders - Week 5 Game Day Thread

JF last game left something definitely to be desired and he's continued to be below the line this game. The offense just plain struggles behind him. To say he's not close to playing bad this game on 10-18 passing for 83 yards is giving me serious Homer vibes coming from you.
He had multiple passes dropped. No? In the end every QB has bad games. Allen for Buffalo was 9 of 30 in one game. in the end though the D gave up a TD on the last play of the game and we lost.

Guess Im late to the party but Im beginning to believe that Broderick Jones simply sucks at RT. Every time I look up someone is going right around him. Maybe Im wrong. I hope I am. I thought we made a great draft pick when we got him, but lately I just dont see it. But I cant say I see him every play.

Najee is running hard

Agree Coolie, it’s starting to show on the defense, he is working his magic.

Last I heard he was 9 / 60yards, not bad at all

Salute the nation

But he is. He isn’t running the offense. He is getting by on seat of his pants plays. Russ was great, last year in the red zone. Threw 26 TDs. Fields avg yards on play action passes is worst in the league. Russ was near the top at over 8 yards last year. He was signed because this is his offense. Fields was signed as a reclamation project. The only reason he is playing is the injury to fields. He has done better than Chicago but he still is VERY inconsistent. [
You don't know what Russ would do in this offense so please don't speculate on it. Tomlin limits the offense because he believes our D is a top 5 in the league. And until Fields stumbles or is injured there is not a reason to bring in Russ.

WTF Center Goes down back up center goes down.

OLB goes down, back up OLB goes down.

And on, and on....

Guess Im late to the party but Im beginning to believe that Broderick Jones simply sucks at RT. Every time I look up someone is going right around him. Maybe Im wrong. I hope I am. I thought we made a great draft pick when we got him, but lately I just dont see it. But I cant say I see him every play.
For what it is worth he has some metrics that are good. He is still raw and still seems limited by the elbow on his punching ability.

He’s a LT stuck playing on the right because Tomlin will not bench Moore.

He had multiple passes dropped. No? In the end every QB has bad games. Allen for Buffalo was 9 of 30 in one game. in the end though the D gave up a TD on the last play of the game and we lost.
I definitely wouldn't say he was the main reason for the last couple of losses. I still think he struggled last game and he's been worst today. He hasn't been the JF of old but he hasn't been anything special in any game whether they won or lost. If he's not special then he's replaceable in my opinion.

Might be Harris' longest TD run EVER!!!!