• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers vs. Raiders - Week 5 Game Day Thread

What game(s) have you been watching? Our WRs do not get seperation on most plays.
I have watched every game. There is no way none of our receivers get separation ever. I think many times a game open guys go unthrown to because he doesnt see them.

Now that is 2 times in a row that Fields has must missed open receivers by throwing way too high. And then he screws up another play on 3rd down.

Even the color guy just said that on that 1 drive, there were 3 throws that Fields just missed. The offense did its part. Open receivers were generated and he cant throw it to them. Jesus, put in a QB that actually throw the ball to the receiver who is wide open. But no, we get another Pitt Steeler Special. Gonna need about 7-8 more of them to stay in this game.

We are right where Tomlin wants us to be!!!!!

We are a 17 .5 point a game offense. It shows. A nice play here and there, then incompletions, a penalty, dropped passes and failed conversions = 3 points

CA3 WIDE OPEN IN THE EZ...SMH
Oh but our receivers dont get separation----right? Of course they do but the QB cannot find them. no defense can cover every receiver every play all the time. Our QB cannot process his reads and when he does find an open receiver, its 50/50 if he can actually hit him in the hands.

Im afraid Russell gets sacked at least twice in that drive tho, Fields is under pressure a lot and Russ doesn’t have capability to escape anymore, that's the issue.

But I agree it’s worth a shot
Fields is under pressure because he holds the ball longer than I smoke ribs.

Oh but our receivers dont get separation----right? Of course they do but the QB cannot find them. no defense can cover every receiver every play all the time. Our QB cannot process his reads and when he does find an open receiver, its 50/50 if he can actually hit him in the hands.
I don't think I said our WRs can't get open.

I have watched every game. There is no way none of our receivers get separation ever. I think many times a game open guys go unthrown to because he doesnt see them.

Now that is 2 times in a row that Fields has must missed open receivers by throwing way too high. And then he screws up another play on 3rd down.

Even the color guy just said that on that 1 drive, there were 3 throws that Fields just missed. The offense did its part. Open receivers were generated and he cant throw it to them. Jesus, put in a QB that actually throw the ball to the receiver who is wide open. But no, we get another Pitt Steeler Special. Gonna need about 7-8 more of them to stay in this game.
They have stated numerous times in our games where Fields made a great play and half the board still criticizes Fields. So there is that.

Our D played tight covered. Nice to see.

Im afraid Russell gets sacked at least twice in that drive tho, Fields is under pressure a lot and Russ doesn’t have capability to escape anymore, that's the issue.

But I agree it’s worth a shot
Unless we are horribly behind and Fields is throwing picks we should just let him finish... dont throw a rusty QB in midgame without first team reps...

nice tackle there
Nice positioning by our D player.....he didn't drop back 10 yards. He actually in position to make the play.