• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers will NOT be on the field for National Anthem.

the entire stadium should be filled with his jerseys, and his alone - that will shock the **** out of some people!

quotes-now-that-s-courage-2.jpg

lol

Villanueva told reporters that he had asked quarterback Ben Roethlisberger to be at the front of the group in the tunnel so he could see the flag, an important symbol for him, even if he was okay with the Steelers' decision to stand in the tunnel. However, Villanueva apparently walked too far out of the tunnel. And in the confusion of the Chicago Bears' stadium, he found himself outside of the tunnel when the anthem began playing, so he decided to stand and wait.

"Unfortunately, I threw my teammates under the bus, unintentionally," Villanueva said. "Every single time I see that picture of me standing by myself I feel embarrassed to a degree because unintentionally I left my teammates behind."

Last edited:
So after all this **** about AV being "the only man on the team", the whole thing was an accident? Holy ****.

That's what it sounds like, if you listen closely to what he had to say about it. Funny how so many jumped at the chance to make a martyr out of him, to push their own political agenda.

"I was trying to get a look at the flag and before I knew it, I was all the way out of the tunnel 30 feet ahead of the rest of the team"

"I was trying to get a look at the flag and before I knew it, I was all the way out of the tunnel 30 feet ahead of the rest of the team"

Spin it any way you want to, don't change the fact: he screwed up.

HcTQnzJ.gif

He screwed up for doing what he believes in? SV = Hypocrite.

The man just admitted he accidentally walked to far. That's a screw up. Now you want to spin it as him lying about it. I don't think AV is a liar.

Yep. Taking one for the team to diffuse the situation. I think that's exactly what he is doing.

Just because you're dishonest doesn't mean he is. I'll take the word of a decorated West Point grad over yours.

I would assume the team told him not to talk to the media after the game so they would have a little time to cook up a bullshit story. But what do I know

Because you know me to be dishonest. Have I ever lied to protect someone or in someone else's best interest? Sure I have.

I won't lose any sleep tonight over your lack of endorsement.

I would guarantee they pressured him into walking this back. Shameful.

What a clusterfuck.

So after all this **** about AV being "the only man on the team", the whole thing was an accident?

Holy ****.

No. Just liberal talking points to try and CYA, because there is severe blowback from this. It’s just an attempt at damage control, which will fail.

Jesus.

You Trump people will believe ANYTHING.

So long as it conforms to your worldview that is. Talk about your fake news.

Damn...

AV is a stand-up guy and is admitting he hung his team out to dry to receive this **** storm. As Tomlin said, they were trying to avoid all of this and now they are the center of this cluster.

The biggest, core root of the problem is the absolute destruction of the black family unit. 70% of kids being born to unwed mothers. Single family homes lead to more troubled youth than a mother-father-led home. It's a fact. Welfare did just what LBJ infamously said it would. It has destroyed and enslaved the black community. It rewards being single, having many kids out of wedlock. The family unit is essential. Welfare obliterated the black family.

Exactly. Welfare also created their sense of entitlement. Look at all the hands out, demanding reparations for slavery, which none of us had anything to do with. They want to be given handouts instead of earning for themselves. And the democrats are 100% to blame. Be a father to your kids, get a job and stop committing crimes. And to you anti American piece of **** protesters, **** right off. Leave our country you ungrateful, disrespectful ********.

Or...he's jumping on the grenade for the sake of the rest of the unit.
You can fool some of the people some of the time
Or maybe he knew exactly what he was doing and is just spinning it to keep the unity.
I would guarantee they pressured him into walking this back. Shameful. What a clusterfuck.
It’s just an attempt at damage control, which will fail.
Agreed. And I bet it was mainly Tomlin, who is getting destroyed.
Wow, you people are something else. I'd be ashamed to call a decorated Army veteran a liar. But that's exactly what you are doing, knowingly or not.

No matter what he's a true American hero in my eyes and I salute him!!!
Completely agree, love Villanueva. Hope he picks up his play at LT, he's been sick so hope he rounds into shape and good health. And no doubt he's a stud and a national hero, very glad we have him on the team.