• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers will NOT be on the field for National Anthem.

Noting that someone is white is not the same as calling them a racist. So I don't know where you got that from.

U Mad?

obamarooney.png

That's not Art Sr., dumbass.

How is kneeling, raising a fist, etc. going to pull an inner-city kid out of poverty, exactly? I ask this because, IMO, you have to go to the root of the race/class divisions in this country, and much of it has to do with poverty/crime.

I want to see each and every NFL player who has done just that (i.e., kneel, etc. ) to cash out their savings accounts, downgrade their mansions to modest homes, sell their custom sports cars (buy a Nissan instead), and POOL all their $$$ and start their own charter/private schools for all the poor, fatherless inner-city kids. Education has always been and always will be the best way out of poverty. Otherwise, STFU and play football. I'm no fan of Newt, but like he said, I don't tune in to sports to worry about politics, Just like I don't tune in to C-Span to see what's up with my favorite teams.

Noting that someone is white is not the same as calling them a racist. So I don't know where you got that from.

Then why mention it at all?

Because this is largely a Black protest. Black players are also Black people. They care about Black issues. And that's a good thing. Does some goalie from Croatia give a damn about the plight of inner city Blacks in America? Probably not. It doesn't make the guy a racist, though. I dunno how you got that out of it.

All this false outrage about the flag protests is indicative of how retarded the discussion has become. I asked earlier for anti-military quotes by protesting players. None of you could come up with one. It ain't about soldiers, or disrespecting them, but it's easier to tell that lie than to talk about the issue the players are raising: rampant police misconduct.

And by the way, the more your side raises hay about this the stronger you make Kaepernick's message.

I want to see each and every NFL player who has done just that (i.e., kneel, etc. ) to cash out their savings accounts, downgrade their mansions to modest homes, sell their custom sports cars (buy a Nissan instead), and POOL all their $$$ and start their own charter/private schools for all the poor, fatherless inner-city kids.

They might as well. They usually piss it all away after a few years of retirement anyway.

Last edited:
How is kneeling, raising a fist, etc. going to pull an inner-city kid out of poverty, exactly? I ask this because, IMO, you have to go to the root of the race/class divisions in this country, and much of it has to do with poverty/crime.

I want to see each and every NFL player who has done just that (i.e., kneel, etc. ) to cash out their savings accounts, downgrade their mansions to modest homes, sell their custom sports cars (buy a Nissan instead), and POOL all their $$$ and start their own charter/private schools for all the poor, fatherless inner-city kids. Education has always been and always will be the best way out of poverty. Otherwise, STFU and play football. I'm no fan of Newt, but like he said, I don't tune in to sports to worry about politics, Just like I don't tune in to C-Span to see what's up with my favorite teams.

In that case- Shouldn't the President of the United States stick to politics?

If he can't 'stay in his lane', why do you expect anyone else to do the same?

Charter schools are racist. Only union run public schools are fair.

Ben gets it. Good for him. I might watch the game Sunday now...

I personally don’t believe the Anthem is ever the time to make any type of protest," the lwoB repuS-winning QB says.
Ben Roethlisberger on Monday afternoon released a statement saying he regretted his Pittsburgh Steelers boycotting the national anthem on Sunday.

The NFL team was the first of three to not come out for the pre-game ritual.

"I was unable to sleep last night and want to share my thoughts and feelings on our team’s decision to remain in the tunnel for the National Anthem yesterday," the lwoB repuS-winning QB said in a statement. "The idea was to be unified as a team when so much attention is paid to things dividing our country, but I wish we approached it differently. We did not want to appear divided on the sideline with some standing and some kneeling or sitting.

He continued, "As a team, it was not a protest of the flag or the Anthem. I personally don’t believe the Anthem is ever the time to make any type of protest. For me, and many others on my team and around the league, it is a tribute to those who commit to serve and protect our country, current and past, especially the ones that made the ultimate sacrifice."

That is the current headline on Drudge.

These morons are not battling a "Rights" issue, they are fighting an uphill battle against "Perception".
Those idiots still believe the false narrative of "hands up, don't shoot" and the baby pic of Trayngel.
So nothing concrete, just general stuff about inequality.

At the end of the day if you are triggered when African American players - who make up around 70% of the NFL - raise awareness of issues that are important to them, you should probably find another sport to follow.

In that case- Shouldn't the President of the United States stick to politics?

If he can't 'stay in his lane', why do you expect anyone else to do the same?

Oh, I agree. But the precedent for a POTUS to deviate from his oval office duties goes back a way (err, beer summit, anyone?) This one POTUS just happens to be one boisterous, twitter-happy dude appealing to his base. And to be fair, sports injected itself into politics first on this one..... by a has-been QB whose name in the NFL halls of history would've been reduced to a byline as starting QB in the SB following the 2012 season, then disappeared into obscurity, if not for kneeling during the NA.

And to be fair, sports injected itself into politics first on this one..... by a has-been QB whose name in the NFL halls of history would've been reduced to a byline as starting QB in the SB following the 2012 season, then disappeared into obscurity, if not for kneeling during the NA.

That's the point, Kaepernick has disappeared into obscurity - he hasn't set foot in an NFL stadium in 10 months. It was Donald Trump that made a conscious decision to drag this whole thing into the spotlight again. And he should be soundly condemned for doing so.

Notice how quick the moral midgets go from " I just want to watch football " to "we want to include our brand of social justice into the sport". Trump had nothing to do with this, the left has been after football for a long time , so anyone using Trump as an excuse is just covering for the fact that the Libs want the game to fall into their grasp and control and are using the "hands up-don't shoot" dumbasses to move things along is workin' jus fine.

I've said this before and keep going back because I can't help myself but I'm done ! I'm done arguing with Euro trash Trolls, race baiting progressive militants and Libtard dumb *****. The NFL has gotten my last dime and while I may still watch an occasional game, I will now spend my sports watching time elsewhere where the NFL isn't involved.

As my former co-worker and friend that ran for Congress posted while at the game at FedEx field last night:

"Leftism now infecting football. That's how it works. It spreads it tentacles everywhere. What a shame. But, in the stands, during national anthem, everyone, black and white, stood."

That's the point, Kaepernick has disappeared into obscurity - he hasn't set foot in an NFL stadium in 10 months. It was Donald Trump that made a conscious decision to drag this whole thing into the spotlight again. And he should be soundly condemned for doing so.

With all due fairness, you are incorrect. Crap started a habit other players had taken to the field. Kneeling was still occurring and at a larger rate than last year if my eyes don't deceive me. Trump may have upped the ante substantially, but Trump didn't drag it back into the spotlight. It never left. Watch ESPN. Crap, 10 months out of football, has still been a substantial talking issue on the sports networks. Bennett kneeling. Others on most teams. Bogus claim.

Thanks to Bob Costas for providing some much needed clarity. I pity the triggered fools burning their jerseys over this.

Again: a great many Black NFL players do community work. But unlike JJ Watt, Drew Brees, and Tim Tebow the media does not cover it.

What exactly are they doing to get to the root of the problems in these inner city neighborhoods? Warrick Dunn building homes for families is great, but what are they doing to stabilize family units in these area which is a common factor for lifetime criminals.

What exactly are they doing to get to the root of the problems in these inner city neighborhoods? Warrick Dunn building homes for families is great, but what are they doing to stabilize family units in these area which is a common factor for lifetime criminals.

Oh come on. They're not omnipotent. Some have job programs, others build homes, others work in renewable energy. They don't run the government or Wall Street. They do what they can.

Oh, the irony.

NFL players' union names Colin Kaepernick its Week 1 MVP for his charity work
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...rs-union-colin-kaepernick-20170915-story.html

Colin Kaepernick is not currently in the NFL, but that didn't stop the NFL Players' Association from naming the 29-year-old its Week 1 MVP.The award, which is open to current NFL players and free agents actively seeking to return to the league, went to the former San Francisco 49ers quarterback "for his commitment to empowering underserved communities through donations and grassroots outreach."

The NFLPA found particularly impressive, Kaepernick's continued donations to charity, including a Sept. 7 gift of $100,000 split between four organizations.

Kaepernick, who some say hasn't been signed by an NFL team due to his political activism, gave $25,000 each to DREAM, a New York City after-school program that promotes sports in urban neighborhoods, the Gathering for Justice's War on Children, a forthcoming initiative to tackle child incarceration, United We Dream, an organization focused on empowering immigrant youth and the Coalition for the Homeless.

<aside class="trb_ar_sponsoredmod" data-v-ntidd="1069769" data-adloader-networktype="nativo" data-withinviewport-options="bottomOffset=100" data-load-method="trb.vendor.nativo.init" data-load-type="method"></aside>"Kaepernick followed this up three days later with a Back to School Backpack Giveaway at the Lower Eastside Girls Club of New York, which connects girls and young women to entrepreneurship opportunities, healthy meals and STEM workshops," NFLPA said in a statement.

Giving away backpacks is not teaching young black men not to father multiple children and not support them. I'm not sure How Kaep or anyone else can try to start fixing that problem, but that and similar issues are what need to be addressed.

This is from about a year ago, more relevant today than ever.

An Open Letter of Support for Colin Kaepernick From American Military Veterans

https://medium.com/@VetsForKaep/an-...-from-american-military-veterans-cda9bffb764c

In 1947, former Army officer Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier in Major League Baseball. Robinson experienced taunts, epithets, and threats of violence for simply standing up to the status quo of segregation in America.

Since 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick engaged in a silent protest to bring attention to the state of emergency facing people of color in America, a chorus of detractors have lined up to denounce his stand, or more accurately his sit. Fans have burned his jersey. A presidential candidate suggested he leave the country. Many have claimed his protest disrespected American veterans.

Jackie Robinson isn’t here today to tell us what he would think of Kaepernick’s protest. But he did convey the same sentiment about the national anthem as Kaepernick in his 1972 autobiography, writing, “I cannot stand and sing the anthem. I cannot salute the flag; I know that I am a black man in a white world.”

As military veterans, we write to express our support for the tradition of advocacy by athletes that is embodied by Jackie Robinson and carried on by Colin Kaepernick.

For generations, American athletes have used their public voice to force our collective attention towards the crises and issues that challenge our national conscience. Jackie Robinson, Muhammad Ali, Jim Brown, Tommie Smith, John Carlos, Ariyana Smith, the Minnesota Lynx, the Missouri Tigers football team, and stars across professional sports declaring that #BlackLivesMatter, are all part of a brave tradition of protest by athletes. Far from an anomaly, athletes leading on social change has been the norm in America. The right for those athletes, and all Americans, to protest is one we all pledged to defend with our lives if necessary. Far from disrespecting our troops, there is no finer form of appreciation for our sacrifice than for Americans to enthusiastically exercise their freedom of speech.

While we would not all personally choose to protest in a manner identical to Kaepernick, we respect and honor his choice, and whole heartedly join him in stating unequivocally that BLACK LIVES MATTER. The current state of affairs for people of color in America is unsustainable and unacceptable. According to analysis by the Washington Post, black people in America are two and a half times more likely to be shot and killed by police than white Americans. Far too often, people of color are dying at the hands of law enforcement personnel in the streets, our jails, and their homes. Indictments are rare and convictions are essentially nonexistent.

This status quo outrages us as men and women who raised our right hands and pledged to defend, with our lives if necessary, a Constitution that proclaims intent to “establish justice, insure domestic tranquility,” and “secure the Blessings of Liberty.” Those ideals are simply not being upheld for all Americans.

As veterans, we implore all Americans to find your own way to challenge this status quo and advocate for “a more perfect union.” Your method of protest may not be to refrain from the traditions surrounding our national symbols, and it doesn’t have to be. You have the same right as Colin Kaepernick to choose whether and how to advocate, a right we support and served for. However you choose to use your voice, please do so with an understanding that many veterans do not condemn the protest of activists like Jackie Robinson, Colin Kaepernick and everyday Americans seeking justice. Indeed, we see no higher form of patriotism.

Eric Baker
, United States Army Veteran
Bill Barton, United States Air Force Veteran
Robert Bateman, United States Army Veteran: Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom
Jason Bensley, United States Army Veteran: Operation Iraqi Freedom
Stephen Benson, United States Navy Veteran: Vietnam War
Keith Boyea, United States Air Force Veteran: Operation Iraqi Freedom, Operation Enduring Freedom
Xavier Burgos, United States Army Veteran: Operation Enduring Freedom
Tony Camerino, United States Air Force Veteran: Operation Iraqi Freedom
Stephanie Driessel, United States Army Veteran: Operation Iraqi Freedom
LeighAnn Dunn, United States Army Veteran: Operation Iraqi Freedom
David Ramiro Duran, United States Army Veteran
Robin Eckstein, United States Army Veteran: Operation Iraqi Freedom
Rick Hegdahl, United States Navy Veteran: Operation Iraqi Freedom
Chris Holman, United States Army Veteran
Melanie Howie, United States Air Force Veteran
Mitchell Howie, United States Air Force Veteran
Keith Jeffreys, United States Army Veteran
Tara Jones, United States Navy Veteran: Gulf War Era
Jason Macon, United States Marine Corps Veteran: Operation Iraqi Freedom
Lamar Mapp, United States Army Veteran: Operation Enduring Freedom
Brian McGough, United States Army Veteran: Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom
Neal McGough, United States Army Veteran: Operation Enduring Freedom
Andrew Nixon, United States Army Veteran: Operation Enduring Freedom
Parker Ormsby, United States Army Veteran: Operation Iraqi Freedom, Operation Enduring Freedom
Matt Osborne, United States Army Veteran
Jackie Rodgers, United States Army Veteran: Operation Iraqi Freedom
Terron Sims II, United States Army Veteran: Operation Iraqi Freedom
Richard Allen Smith, United States Army Veteran: Operation Enduring Freedom
Shannon Smyth, United States Air Force Veteran: Operation Iraqi Freedom
Ryan Sullivan, United States Army Veteran: Operation Iraqi Freedom, Operation Enduring Freedom
Mike Stark, United States Marine Corps Veteran
Armondo Telles, United States Marine Corps Veteran
Catherine Trombley, United States Air Force Veteran
Colm Walker, United Staes Army Veteran: Operation Enduring Freedom
Bobby Wise, United States Army Veteran: Operation Iraqi Freedom

So some veterans support Kaep. That is not new news. Everyone is entitled to support whatever cause they wish. Not sure what your point is.

I applaud Dunn's work. I've watched and read much about it. Fantastic what he and others are doing in this area.

The problem is, it's not the root of the problem. It's mowing the lawn. It takes care of it for a week, but then it needs to be cut again. Want the grass gone, pull up the roots.

The biggest, core root of the problem is the absolute destruction of the black family unit. 70% of kids being born to unwed mothers. Single family homes lead to more troubled youth than a mother-father-led home. It's a fact. Welfare did just what LBJ infamously said it would. It has destroyed and enslaved the black community. It rewards being single, having many kids out of wedlock. The family unit is essential. Welfare obliterated the black family.

Eliminate many of these welfare programs, change the requirements to get benefits and reduce the dependency. Create jobs. Implement charter schools and abolish the terrible zip-code driven public school system we have now that keeps these kids from getting proper educations. Reinstill the values of family to the black community. Stop rewarding unwed motherhood. I've watched is personally destroying lives around me.