• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers will NOT be on the field for National Anthem.

Jeezus H, taking the field and standing during the anthem is what you are SUPPOSED to do.

Here's an excercise is empathy. Not sympathy, empathy.

Someone calls your friend and co-worker a son-of-a-***** and says he should do something. This person has no ******* business telling him what to do. Are you going to be compelled to do what he says, even if you have been doing it, or are you going to be compelled to tell him to **** off and mind his own business?

The Anthem protests didn't suddenly grow inexplicably this weekend. It was a protest of the president. Some of us were able to figure that out 48 hours ago.

The protests on Sunday were different than the prior protest as they were directed at Trump who is cooking up a lot of ****.
And the end result was pissing off half of the NFL fans, and nothing more. Well played dumbasses.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Here's an excercise is empathy. Not sympathy, empathy.

Someone calls your friend and co-worker a son-of-a-***** and says he should do something. This person has no ******* business telling him what to do. Are you going to be compelled to do what he says, even if you have been doing it, or are you going to be compelled to tell him to **** off and mind his own business?

The Anthem protests didn't suddenly grow inexplicably this weekend. It was a protest of the president. Some of us were able to figure that out 48 hours ago.

If it is something that morally, he should be doing anyway, yes. Not because someone told him to do it, but because it's the right thing to do.

So they abandoned their initial cause to protest Trump because he baited them in.

Pittsburgh Steelers QB Roethlisberger Regrets National Anthem Protest

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said Monday that he regrets participating in his team's Sunday protest of the national anthem.

Roethlisberger released a statement in which he said that he does not "believe the Anthem is ever the time to make any type of protest"

http://freebeacon.com/culture/roethl...grets-protest/

-----------------------

That's my QB

The country is moving in the right direction I want it to.

All I see is every time the President does something or says something they don't agree with, the media and leftists just have to sit in a safe space because their vaginas hurt. Or protest in a very non-productive way that just makes people hate them more and call them whiny *******.

How much you want to bet 50% of those people kneeling over the weekend didn't vote? Any takers? What do you think the voting percentage is of NFL players? 40%? 30%? How many are even ******* registered in their new cities?

Cry me a ******* river..... The Black Lives Matter movement is misguided and atrocious. Their actions are 90% unconstitutional. Their demands are unconstitutional. From illegal assemblies to blocking roads needed for emergency vehicles to looting to violence. You loose your entire message when you act like a bunch of thugs and vigilantes and I don't think educated individuals should even LISTEN when people act like that.

This is about THAT issue to me. From the very beginning. And Kapernick didn't ******* "kneel" until his handlers told him to. He started this whole thing by sitting on his *** pouting on the bench looking like the smug, whiny ***, entitled ***** he is. The fact THAT type of actions draws praise from even 2-3% of the NFL athletes tells me all I need to know about this "issue".

I know what side I believe in and I think I'm 100% in the right. I know I think the Black Lives Matter movement is doing more harm to black communities than it has helped. I know the centers of where these "protests and riots" have occurred have doubled in crime since 2014 with little chance or decreasing over the next 2-3 years. I know our former President did nothing to decry their violent and illegal assemblies and instead argued "understanding" which was WRONG from the get go and further isolated a lost cause against normal thinking peoples of the country.

Trump has won on this issue. The NFL is in a huge pickle with no way out. Every move they now make will be criticized and scrutinized for the rest of the season. The interest will be more about controversy and less about the quality of the "game" and that is a short-lived track to doom.

What a surprise, Goodell and the Owners ****** up on a public relations issue. They are as inept as can be and have been for a decade under Goodell's leadership.

1b0ab718aebae856fd8d30775c2b8fa0.jpg

Let those groveling ******* kneel. I'll whip it out for them. Ok I might be drunk lol

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

1b0ab718aebae856fd8d30775c2b8fa0.jpg

Let those groveling ******* kneel. I'll whip it out for them. Ok I might be drunk lol

That reminds me, I picked up some damn fine Cuban cigars while in Montreal last week. Breezed right through customs with them too. Used croissants as a decoy. It was beautiful.

If you do not want to make a political statement, go out on the field and stand for the anthem. Period. It really is, that simple.

But we know better.

But NOT taking a knee is a political statement....at least that's what the media thinks.

It's such and easy thing for the NFL to fix. Don't show the players during the anthem. Just the flag and military or eagle or anything but the players.

It's such and easy thing for the NFL to fix. Don't show the players during the anthem. Just the flag and military or eagle or anything but the players.

Exactly. Leftism has infected the NFL. It infected ESPN. It's infected the major networks. They do the broadcasts. They choose to make this an issue, and have. They are trying to force this issue down Americans throats. Every game, every broadcast, every talk show for days has been nothing except the protests.

The media and the NFL and similar organizations believe they can change the way core Americans think. Trump is in office because of this faulty thinking. All the NFL and the networks are doing is alienating the majority of America.

Dumb, stupid *****.

Exactly. Leftism has infected the NFL. It infected ESPN. It's infected the major networks. They do the broadcasts. They choose to make this an issue, and have. They are trying to force this issue down Americans throats. Every game, every broadcast, every talk show for days has been nothing except the protests.

The media and the NFL and similar organizations believe they can change the way core Americans think. Trump is in office because of this faulty thinking. All the NFL and the networks are doing is alienating the majority of America.

Dumb, stupid *****.

Because their arrogance thinks that all Americans have the same views as they do. Didn't they see that half of the country DIDN'T vote for Hillary? The last thing anyone wants is something forced down their throats and repeatedly. I'm not changing anyone's mind and you are not changing mine. We should be able to respect eachother's opinion, but the constant jabbing turns me off.

Villanueva Donates All Proceeds Of NFL Merchandise Sales To Military Non-Profits

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...s-nfl-merchandise-sales-military-non-profits/ via @Steelersdepot

So when Bob Kraft, Rex Ryan, Tom Brady and other Trump supporters within the NFL denounced and criticized Trump over his remarks, the media had gotten to them and their way of thinking?

Villanueva Donates All Proceeds Of NFL Merchandise Sales To Military Non-Profits

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...s-nfl-merchandise-sales-military-non-profits/ via @Steelersdepot

damn, he's making it harder and harder not to buy his jersey.

People like Trog and Tibs can't understand the following, beautiful letter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear NFL,

You were doing your part to bring people together and heal the world. That's really how healing works. We heal by loving each other and leading by example; showing people what is possible when we love each other just as we are and not only recognize our differences but celebrate them and look at how we can use them together to make us jointly better than our separate parts. You were doing your part celebrating each other based on skills, talent and a joint vision without regard to color and religion.

You were doing your part and we were doing ours. We showed up cheering and groaning together to [sic] as one. We talked in the concession lines and commiserated and celebrated our team together. Did it ever occur to you that you and we were already a mix of backgrounds, races and religions? We were already living the dream you want, right in front of you.

Your desire to focus on division and anger has shattered what many people loved most about the sport. Football was really a metaphor for our ideal world –different backgrounds, talents, and histories actually made us one big team with one big goal - to do well, to win, TOGETHER.

You are asking us to abandon what we loved about togetherness and make choices of division. Will we stand with you? Will we stand with our flag? What does it mean? What does it mean if we buy a ticket or NFL gear? What does it mean if we don't? It is the polar opposite of the easy togetherness we once loved in football.

It was simple – we loved you and you loved us – with all of our races, religions and different backgrounds. Simplicity in a crazy world was pretty awesome.

You dear NFL, have taken that. You have lost me here.

If you ever want to get off your knees and get to work on building bridges, let me know. I have found screaming about the problems in service marriages or even standing in silence in front of them, hasn't healed even one of them. On the other hand, funding the Chris Kyle Frog Foundation, building a team and rolling up my sleeves to get in the trenches during my “off time” -volunteering there outside of my paying jobs - has proven to make real change.

You have a lot of strong guys, I am sure in the off season a lot of them could build some pretty big bridges if they care enough to do the hard work. That would involve getting off their knees and getting to work though. I can do it while I raise two kids as their only parent and work through the greatest pain of my life, let's see if they can do it for the issues they say they care so much about.

Go Longhorns and Sic 'Em …

Sincerely,

Taya

------------------------------------------------------------------

Taya Kyle, the widow of legendary Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle, issued a bold challenge to the NFL via Facebook on Tuesday in response to the national anthem protests sweeping the league.

Last edited:
So when Bob Kraft, Rex Ryan, Tom Brady and other Trump supporters within the NFL denounced and criticized Trump over his remarks, the media had gotten to them and their way of thinking?

1701e6c82132e5898d3bbce2255f724b4f3167f137c4c8ab2b74bde600478ed5.jpg

Sharks player could bring anthem protests to NHL

SAN JOSE, Calif. — Sharks forward Joel Ward tells The Mercury News he might take a knee during the national anthem at an upcoming game, becoming the first NHL player to join the protests that started in the NFL

http://nypost.com/2017/09/26/sharks-player-could-bring-anthem-protests-to-nhl/

----------------------------

A black Canadian kneels for the US flag? he gonna sit on O Canada too?

No, I don't think so. But I bet they are all trying to walk a very fine line between supporting protesters and trying not to piss off the fan base. I don't envy their position, but they did it to themselves.

I will reserve judgement until I see what the Steelers do this week. In the meantime, those of you with season tickets who wish to boycott may send your tickets to me.