• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Stryker's Inside Slant: 12/13

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Had a call out, so I'm working tonight...

I'll plan on the show tomorrow night (Wed) at 8:30 since Daughter just had her county chorus concert Sunday and won't have to go back till mid Jan!

I'm sure we have a lot of fun things to discuss!

So what do you all think is Tomlin’s absolutely best year coaching?

I am going with 2010… yeah he lost the Super Bowl, but overall he navigated through Ben’s Suspension, the league’s assult on James Harrison, A myriad of injuries, including Aaron Smith and a good portion of the oline, and it remains the only season he didn’t have a loss to a losing team…and is one of 3 seasons he didn’t lose to a team with double digit losses…
It also was in the timeframe when his secondary adjustments to the 3/4 were still extremely effective and his D was one of the best, and his O was average but effective

So what do you all think is Tomlin’s absolutely best year coaching?

I am going with 2010… yeah he lost the Super Bowl, but overall he navigated through Ben’s Suspension, the league’s assult on James Harrison, A myriad of injuries, including Aaron Smith and a good portion of the oline, and it remains the only season he didn’t have a loss to a losing team…and is one of 3 seasons he didn’t lose to a team with double digit losses…
It also was in the timeframe when his secondary adjustments to the 3/4 were still extremely effective and his D was one of the best, and his O was average but effective
Yep, his best years were when Cowhers players had Cowhers OCs and much less from Tomlin.

His best years will be the year after he leaves Pittsburgh...... when a coach steps onto the field to try and keep an opponent from scoring a touchdown they need fired immediately....this is the lowest form of integrity that I have ever witnessed by a Pittsburgh coach....be gone .500