• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Study: More Than Half of Trans Male Teens Attempt Suicide

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Nearly 14 percent of all adolescents in the study, “Transgender Adolescent Suicide Behavior,” based on data from “Profiles of Student Life: Attitudes and Behaviors” survey from the Search Institute, reported they had attempted suicide. But 51 percent of transgender males reported at least one attempt, the highest percentage of any gender identity group. The second highest was among nonbinary teens, nearly 42 percent.

Among transgender females, about 30 percent reported a suicide attempt. The rate was 28 percent for questioning teens, nearly 18 percent for cisgender females, and 10 percent for cisgender males. Data came from more than 120,000 adolescents, age 11 to 19, over three years, June 2012 to May 2015.

So stop trying to make everyone accept it as normal and start treating it like the disorder that it is and maybe those statistics will improve. This data will not be interpreted that way. Here is how it is being interpreted.

“These harrowing statistics lay bare the urgency of building welcoming and safe communities for LGBTQ young people, particularly for transgender youth,” said a statement released by Ellen Kahn, the HRC Foundation's director of children, youth, and families programs. “The distressing reality reflected in this study is preventable, and our nation's schools, political leaders, and communities can take concrete steps to combat this epidemic. HRC will continue to work with schools, faith communities, health care facilities, policy-makers, and families to ensure that LGBTQ youth are able to live full, healthy lives.”

Yes, spend more effort on normalizing it rather than treating it like the psychological disorder that it is. This is liberal problem solving. If a liberal solution is making something worse, the problem is that there is not enough of it.

That’s too bad. By thinning the herd by 50% how are trans LGBTQ gonna take over the country and be our new overlords?

That’s too bad. By thinning the herd by 50% how are trans LGBTQ gonna take over the country and be our new overlords?

So I guess they are not much use to you and your ilk then.

That's why I'm a pro-choice Republican. Abortions mean less future Liberals.

You mean people with profound mental illness are unhappy and unstable enough to harm themselves? Who would have thought that? I am shocked by this.

Seriously though a person with Anorexia or Bulimia dangerously underweight and sees themselves as morbidly obese has body disphoria and gets inpatient treatment. No matter how much they believe their delusion we use reality based therapy to treat them and quash their delusions that they are 600lbs behemoths. In cases of sexual disphoria though we ignore reality and reenforce the delusional behavior be calling them stunning and brave.

Or, how about we take a page out of your Liberal fucken playbook Tibs, you lemming? You're an insensitive asshat.

"If it saves just one life." -- 'Member that?

How about you uncaring Liberals look at these kids. Look at what's being done to them, or what they are suffering BECAUSE of transgenderism? Some schools are now parading drag queens through their kindergarten classes in an attempt to sell this as normal. Some % of parents are predetermining their children's' gender for them when they are but infants...some even giving hormonal therapy and using other drastic measures as they are children.

It is undeniable that there is a PUSH not for acceptance, but to convert. To make some % of children question their gender, deny their gender, or work to change their gender.

Now we learn half of the males attempt to commit suicide. What a dangerous lifestyle.

Instead of your callous approach, how about taking pause and looking at the issue of being transgender itself and truly questioning, is this right? Are we going about it correctly? Is it not really a mental condition? Liberals have worked really really hard to make this yet another victim class to be catered to. And as is typical, after creating the victim class, they work to popularize the victim class, even to the point of encouraging growth of membership in said victim class. Translation: Liberals, for politics, are fine with driving young men and women towards this depressive lifestyle with such a high rate of suicide. Because is there is an alternate, end game.

Why don't you for once put your obsessive, off-skew viewpoints aside and look at these people as souls?

Communists view man as a means to an outcome, not as souls. To acknowledge the soul is to revoke one's Communist beliefs.

Tim Steelersfan said:
Why don't you for once put your obsessive, off-skew viewpoints aside and look at these people as souls?
:jagoff:

Last edited:
Or, how about we take a page out of your Liberal fucken playbook Tibs, you lemming? You're an insensitive asshat.

"If it saves just one life." -- 'Member that?

How about you uncaring Liberals look at these kids. Look at what's being done to them, or what they are suffering BECAUSE of transgenderism?

OK, what are YOU doing, specifically, that Tibs is not doing? Standing on a street corner quoting scripture warning them of their sins? You want him to LOOK at them differently? Unacceptingly? What exactly would that change? What is the ask here, Tim?

Seems to me you have found another thing to worked up about for no reason.

Yeah, who can forget Tim posting page after page of his dire warnings of the acute & grave dangers to society that unisex bathrooms will entail. It’s a minor miracle the country hasn’t been destroyed completely by liberal bathroom policies. How in the world did we survive that?

Oh the irony is rich here. The Circle Jerk known as TibsLodyte - who stand for any and everything LGBTQFWQR - in reality don't give a **** about the people themselves.

As has readily been apparent, LGBTQFWQR to them is about the politics. When we now learn that more than 50% of these TG males attempt to kill themselves, the response is TibsLodyte rolling eyes, dismissing it, laughing it all off because the...movement...must...go...forward. Must...indoctrinate.

6 months ago, a year ago, you cared that these poor folks were oppressed and that they couldn't pee wherever the **** they wanted to. Now, you DON'T care that they are depressed and killing themselves.

Walking double standards...but we expect no less.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
OK, what are YOU doing, specifically, that Tibs is not doing? Standing on a street corner quoting scripture warning them of their sins? You want him to LOOK at them differently? Unacceptingly? What exactly would that change? What is the ask here, Tim?

Seems to me you have found another thing to worked up about for no reason.

I didnt see Tim cite scripture in his response to this thread. Maybe I missed it. Could you point that out, please?
By "looking at them differently", to me, this clearly means to suggest that they be given acceptance for their condition/position and help them work through it. Maybe this is a phase they're going through? Maybe they don't have a strong paternal/maternal figure at home? Maybe they have other underlying issues and this is more of a plea for help and not so much a gender issue? For, if one is suggesting they are of the opposite sex and receive hormonal therapy while surrounding themselves with people who project positive attitudes and a healthy support group, then you could likely see the suicide rate drop to nil. Can you agree on that? If so, that is not reality. As in reality, there is always going to be someone who simply does not care about your internal conflict.

Would it not be better and wiser to, instead of jumping right to a gender issue, seek if there is any underlying issue?

granted, this segment of the population tends to vote (D) and I don't care for far left liberals any more than anyone on the left cares for far right conservatives, but these are cleary people with issues that changing their gender is not going to resolve their problems.

Yeah, who can forget Tim posting page after page of his dire warnings of the acute & grave dangers to society that unisex bathrooms will entail. It’s a minor miracle the country hasn’t been destroyed completely by liberal bathroom policies. How in the world did we survive that?

https://www.10tv.com/article/mother-gives-warning-after-attempted-abduction-rest-stop

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/georgia/...-to-kidnap-child-from-mall-bathroom/746638946

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...09212fb69c2_story.html?utm_term=.7b0bbebcb3bd

https://abc7chicago.com/news/photos...ttempted-abduction-in-kohls-bathroom/1121728/

yeah, Timmy, you fuckhead. stop making **** up.

yeah, Timmy, you fuckhead. stop making **** up.

Yes, crime is bad, we can all agree on that. None of those stories have anything to do with unisex bathrooms. Or transgenders. They're all crimes involving child abduction...one in a woman's bathrooms, another one at a rest stop, an airport, etc. Not sure what your point is.

...these are cleary people with issues that changing their gender is not going to resolve their problems.

I happen to agree with you here Supe. I just don't care what other people do, as far as wanting to be transgendered. None of my business. Live and let live.

6 months ago, a year ago, you cared that these poor folks were oppressed and that they couldn't pee wherever the **** they wanted to. Now, you DON'T care that they are depressed and killing themselves.
No, I didn't care then, and I don't care now. I was just pointing out how hysterical you got over this topic. I don't care what other people are - trans, gay, bi etc. I don't concern myself with other people's lifestyles. Let them do what they want, be what they want. I pick and choose who I want to hang out with, that's pretty much it. None of my business what others do and how they live. I don't give a **** about it, one way or another.

Last edited:
No, I didn't care then, and I don't care now. I was just pointing out how hysterical you got over this topic. I don't care what other people are - trans, gay, bi etc. I don't concern myself with other people's lifestyles. Let them do what they want, be what they want. I pick and choose who I want to hang out with, that's pretty much it. None of my business what others do and how they live. I don't give a **** about it, one way or another.

So now your position is you don't care and don't give a **** about it. Live and let live.

This lifestyle is leading over half of the males to attempt suicide.

Noted. You don't care. These lives are meaningless to you. Others mean something to you...victims of school shootings as one example. But these lives, you don't give a ****.

You'e a piece of work Tibs.

Noted. You don't care. These lives are meaningless to you. Others mean something to you...victims of school shootings as one example. But these lives, you don't give a ****.
I don't know how to explain this to you so you'll understand. All lives matter, all lives are important. Of course. But the fact people are psychologically unwell, suicidal, depressed, unhinged, unable to fit into societal norms, et al is out of my control. Victims of gun massacres didn't die because of their life choices. They are innocent victims of a brutal crime. I think it would be good to find a way to reduce school shootings. Mopey teens who are sexually confused and are contemplating suicide, well, I hope they get the care that they need. But I am not going to judge them for being gay or trans or whatever. I'm sure there are plenty of gays and transgender who aren't suicidal or mentally unfit. They choose to be the way they are but otherwise lead normal lives, or at least relatively normal lives. Others are ****** up, battle personal demons and lead miserable lives. Same with straight people. I don't make that connection that one leads to the other, that being gay/trans is neccesarily bad or evil or leads to suicide. That's what I mean by live and let live. We are all the culmination of the life choices we've made. That is who we are. Simply being gay or transgender or living an otherwise unorthodox lifestyle is a personal choice.

In other words, kids' mental health issues need to addressed and dealt with, regardless if that teenager is gay, straight, transgender, white or black, rich or poor.

I guess we just approach this issue from opposite ends of the spectrum.

You'e a piece of work Tibs.
Why the need to constantly attack, insult and be confrontational?

Last edited:
Yes, crime is bad, we can all agree on that. None of those stories have anything to do with unisex bathrooms. Or transgenders. They're all crimes involving child abduction...one in a woman's bathrooms, another one at a rest stop, an airport, etc. Not sure what your point is.

you're clearly missing the point, again.
if we already have crimes occurring, and this is shown in the above links, and history has proven that gender-specific restrooms have seen their own share of crime, then under what misguided, illogical misconception would it be that crimes would nor could happen in unisex restrooms?

I didnt see Tim cite scripture in his response to this thread. Maybe I missed it. Could you point that out, please?
By "looking at them differently", to me, this clearly means to suggest that they be given acceptance for their condition/position and help them work through it. Maybe this is a phase they're going through? Maybe they don't have a strong paternal/maternal figure at home? Maybe they have other underlying issues and this is more of a plea for help and not so much a gender issue? For, if one is suggesting they are of the opposite sex and receive hormonal therapy while surrounding themselves with people who project positive attitudes and a healthy support group, then you could likely see the suicide rate drop to nil. Can you agree on that? If so, that is not reality. As in reality, there is always going to be someone who simply does not care about your internal conflict.

Would it not be better and wiser to, instead of jumping right to a gender issue, seek if there is any underlying issue?

granted, this segment of the population tends to vote (D) and I don't care for far left liberals any more than anyone on the left cares for far right conservatives, but these are cleary people with issues that changing their gender is not going to resolve their problems.

You make the mistake of trying to intervene and help as opposed to carrying their torch to garner votes. Uncaring *******.

Oh the irony is rich here. The Circle Jerk known as TibsLodyte - who stand for any and everything LGBTQFWQR - in reality don't give a **** about the people themselves.

Uh, no, we don’t care because we realize it doesn’t impact our lives in the least. We have too much going on in our lives to concern ourselves with boys dressing like girls. Live and let live. You on the other hand are a rageaholic who lets everything piss you off. You think being angry is good for you because anger gives you a sense of power, but it’s not healthy. Really, it’s not.

Victims of gun massacres didn't die because of their life choices. They are innocent victims of a brutal crime.

So children that have parents determining their 3 year old is transgender and raising them as such are not victims? Children that have their parents administering hormonal therapy before they are 10 are not victims?

Odd.

Uh, no, we don’t care because we realize it doesn’t impact our lives in the least. We have too much going on in our lives to concern ourselves with boys dressing like girls. Live and let live. You on the other hand are a rageaholic who lets everything piss you off. You think being angry is good for you because anger gives you a sense of power, but it’s not healthy. Really, it’s not.

Toolodyte, contrary to what you want to believe, that is untrue. We don't care if some guy wants to dress in drag. Be it in the privacy of their own home, or go out in public with the appearance of a woman. LEAST of my concerns. Way down the list.

However, what is very high on my list of concerns is children and protecting them from pedophiles. If this means poking holes in social theories that allowing anyone into any restroom they want, then so be it. I know a child is merely a "clump of cells" to you, but to me and others, a child has value as a person now and in the future.

Like you, someone from the alphabet community doesnt impact my life at all. Their choices, their lives, etc. The concern being raised was how pedophiles (not gay people, nor anyone in the alphabet community) would use this law to gain access to places they 100% should not be.

If this means poking holes in social theories that allowing anyone into any restroom they want, then so be it.

In simple, pragmatic terms, how do you suggest this be accomplished? As far as weeding out the cross-dressers, tranvestites and pedos? Have someone sitting outside each and every public bathroom in the United States and do a reach under women's skirts to make sure they don't have a dick & a ballsack? Install TSA body imaging scanners outside every bathroom?

You tell me, are these men or women?

image.png
image.png

Last edited:
However, what is very high on my list of concerns is children and protecting them from pedophiles. If this means poking holes in social theories that allowing anyone into any restroom they want, then so be it.

Jerry Sandusky, his victim and Mike McQuerry were in a gender specific locker room.

In simple, pragmatic terms, how do you suggest this be accomplished? As far as weeding out the cross-dressers, tranvestites and pedos? Have someone sitting outside each and every public bathroom in the United States and do a reach under women's skirts to make sure they don't have a dick & a ballsack? Install TSA body imaging scanners outside every bathroom?

You tell me, are these men or women?

image.png
image.png

Good Lord, I've seen it all. You are a Liberal suggesting profiling? Even being sarcastic, you are suggesting that we would think your asinine approach has merit?

You have rules. Biological males to this restroom, biological females to that restroom.

Are you suggesting that we stop all drivers, because some of them could be drunk?
Are you suggesting that we stop and frisk all African Americans, because some could be packing?
Do you suggest we stop and search every Hispanic, because he could be illegal?

Of course not. We create rules and laws and expect the citizens to follow the laws. And we punish those who do not.