• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Terror shooting in Pittsburgh

Hang em high

Trump: 'Wacko' who opened fire at Pittsburgh synagogue should get death penalty

President Trump condemned the gunman who opened fire in a Pittsburgh synagogue on Saturday, killing eight people, saying that the shooter "should pay the ultimate price."

Trump spoke to reporters at Joint Base Andrews before departing for a rally in Illinois, lamenting the "terrible, terrible things going on with hate."

Asked about what could be done to curb such violence, Trump suggested bringing the death penalty "into vogue."

"We should stiffen up our laws in terms of the death penalty," he said. "When people do this they should get the death penalty …they should very much bring the death penalty into vogue."

https://thehill.com/business-a-lobb...ed-fire-at-synagogue-should-get-death-penalty

Very sad. Tragic news. Happened during a baby naming ceremony. They were visibly shaken and some law enforcement said it was among the worst scenes they'd ever witnessed. Prayers with the families and people of Pittsburgh.

I lived in Squirrel Hill for a few years. It is a very nice neighborhood, generally quiet, and safe. It has sizable Jewish population, ranging from real Orthodox to cultural Jews, however it is ethnically and racially diverse. Has a lot of students, due to it's proximity to CMU, Pitt, and Chatham colleges.. The fact that this has happened here is frankly shocking. Victim count is now 11 dead, and two cops in critical condition.

If this doesn't qualify for the death penalty, I don't know what does.

He probably will get the death penalty, but I doubt that is any sort of deterrent to this type of act since the vast majority of them end up dead on the scene. Hard to believe this guy didn't, shooting at the cops

I would guess based on descriptions of the crime scene that there are children involved. Just horrific.

No criminal record apparently.

That's just horrible. It's pretty sad when you've reached a point that you should be armed in church. The bad thing about the death penalty is how long that pile of **** will sit in prison before it happens. You should be 1 appeal unless it's a 100% certainty you did it. The next day at dawn you should be shot.

I worked in the Jewish community for a year and they certainly are always a target. Not only of nutjob muslims, but stupid nazi dirtbags. They must always remain on gaurd.

Last edited:
Condolences to all the families that have been affected by this cowardly act. I'll leave the judgement to God but the shooter needs prayer too. I'm not making excuses for his behavior BTW...

Prayers for the entire community. Why there is still hatred of Jewish people is completely beyond me. One of many things I do not understand about this world.

I agree. I just don't understand it at all. I am a very good friend of a Israeli American and he is as apple pie as you can get. Absolutely normal in almost every respect. Where this jewish hatred comes from is just beyond me. I just don't understand how they are threatening to anyone (well, except the Muslims).

Refer to post #55 in the Migrant Caravan thread. This was the shooters motive.

Refer to post #55 in the Migrant Caravan thread. This was the shooters motive.

Just when I thought you couldn't be any more of a ******* classless, ignorant idiot, you go and prove me wrong.

How did you come to this obviously well thought out conclusion?

Because the despicable murderous acts of a bigoted, evil psychopath are so similar to someone expressing the utter failures of our government tying into their citizenry being entitled to the right to bear arms are so eerily similar, it's almost uncanny. Quite scary actually.

Again, ******* idiot.

Wow, that was the motivation huh? Who would have thunk it?

Easy. Because Trog learning the killer didn't vote for Trump and wasn't a Trump supporter was such a letdown.
Right Trog?

Was at my bud's house all day making beer. He has a TV in the garage so we're watching this on the news. He's a smart guy but not very politically aware, it's just not something he pays a lot of attention to.
Him: "How come people don't like Jews? I don't get it."
Me: "I don't have a good answer either. Been going on for centuries. I mean, there's nutjobs out there who think the Jews control all the media and banks and blame their problems on them. Hitler got a whole country to follow him based on that. That's all I got."

Wow, that was the motivation huh? Who would have thunk it?

What he posted at Gab.com immediately before he murdered 11 innocent people.

Trump: 'Wacko' who opened fire at Pittsburgh synagogue should get death penalty

Yeah, well, President Trump doesn't know the Libs, both Dem and GOP, who run our state very well. No one has been executed in PA for about 50 years even thought the death penalty is on the books.

Was at my bud's house all day making beer. He has a TV in the garage so we're watching this on the news. He's a smart guy but not very politically aware, it's just not something he pays a lot of attention to.
Him: "How come people don't like Jews? I don't get it."
Me: "I don't have a good answer either. Been going on for centuries. I mean, there's nutjobs out there who think the Jews control all the media and banks and blame their problems on them. Hitler got a whole country to follow him based on that. That's all I got."

That may actually make him smarter than a lot of us.

Yeah, well, President Trump doesn't know the Libs, both Dem and GOP, who run our state very well. No one has been executed in PA for about 50 years even thought the death penalty is on the books.

I think I read the last one was in 1999 (may be wrong). I know the Governor is not a proponent, but he may just be in this case.

I think I read the last one was in 1999 (may be wrong). I know the Governor is not a proponent, but he may just be in this case.

Google. Only 3 since 1976.

Just when I thought you couldn't be any more of a ******* classless, ignorant idiot, you go and prove me wrong.

You really liked this guy a couple days ago, I know it’s inconvenient, deal with it.