• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Climate Change Thread

This video although it doesn't refute climate change, it does imply that there isn't a damn thing we can do about it.

It states that if all emissions on the planet stopped tomorrow, nothing would change. At 2:45 in the video it claims it would take approximately 100,000 years for the Co2 levels to return to pre-industrial revolution levels.
Co2 levels released into the atmosphere by humans that amount to nothing but a fart in a hurricane.

100,000 years for any type of change if all emissions stopped tomorrow? Go **** yourself.

CO2 is plant food. Why do Liberals want to starve the trees?

The entire global warming industry is built on computer models about what man-made CO2 does to the climate but those temperature models taking cloud development into account then universally fail to consider the small contribution to cloud cover by another climate factor - the sun. Yes, what I said is 100% true - climate models don't take into account as a "base" reading for cloud cover (arguably the second-most important contributor to temperature) contributions to the climate BY. THE. SUN.

Monckton published (peer-reviewed if that matters to you) a calculation that takes the sun into account. His formula correctly estimated warming to be 0.13 degrees K per decade, where the observed warming is in fact 0.136 degrees K per decade. That calculation is vastly more accurate than the IPCC's estimate of 0.2 to 0.5 degrees K per decade.

The simplest observational method is this. The IPCC in 1990 predicted that until 2090, the world would warm by between 0.2 and 0.5 K/decade, with a midrange estimate of 0.3 K/decade (i.e., 2 to 5 K per century equivalent, with a best estimate of 3 K). Likewise, now as then, the IPCC predicts that final warming in response to doubled CO2 in the air will be 2 to 5 K, with a best estimate of 3 K. However, according to the University of Alabama in Huntsville, which maintains the most accurate and up-to-date satellite temperature record, since the IPCC's First Assessment Report in 1990 there has only been 0.136 K warming per decade.

The IPCC took the "midpoint" of the climate models and estimated warming about 0.3 degrees K per decade, or more than twice what has actually happened.

Woman accuses Tesla driver of air pollution.

did humanity always have this amount of dumb *****, or have they multiplied? This ***** can’t be that dumb, but I guess I am wrong.
Liberals react emotionally, not logically.

did humanity always have this amount of dumb *****, or have they multiplied? This ***** can’t be that dumb, but I guess I am wrong.
No.

This is a result of Strong men making good times. Easy living allows the stupid people to thrive. But men have gotten weak so bad times are coming to fix this.

No.

This is a result of Strong men making good times. Easy living allows the stupid people to thrive. But men have gotten weak so bad times are coming to fix this.

You know a strange thing about bad times? Politicians never seem to suffer. Their pay goes up, the money keeps rolling in, their lives don't change a whit.

Almost as if politicians are a special class and don't give a flying **** about the people they are supposed to "serve."

You know a strange thing about bad times? Politicians never seem to suffer. Their pay goes up, the money keeps rolling in, their lives don't change a whit.

Almost as if politicians are a special class and don't give a flying **** about the people they are supposed to "serve."
I don’t think that’s going to be an issue with this next era of hard times. We allowed the Republic to become an empire and now we we are in the end stage of that empire. The current pols won’t be around anymore after the collapse.

New blood will take the lead! AOC, backed by the Justice democrats, will lead the country. The rest of the squad will help fill cabinet positions.

There are several active volcanoes around the world spewing gasses of many species continuously. Any measurements of that gas contents? Any measurements of the volume? Mother nature is emitting more toxic gas in a day than man can burn in 1000 years. I'm waiting for someone with real data to prove that statement wrong.

Meh its not quite at that level… i forget the exact number but it is theoretically calculated…

I want to say it rounds to 1 year of natural production to like 1or 2 decades of man made… but i don’t think they factor in animal and human excretion… it’s something like that

And a lot of ot is projecting the development of 3rd world nations

Last edited:
Meh its not quite at that level… i forget the exact number but it is theoretically calculated…

I want to say it rounds to 1 year of natural production to like 1or 2 decades of man made… but i don’t think they factor in animal and human excretion… it’s something like that

And a lot of ot is projecting the development of 3rd world nations
Please do not forget about seafloor spreading. The amount of noxious games emitted from deep and some not so deep trenches is astounding as these formations circumnavigate the globe; I have never seen this estimated, including amounts directly dissolved in seawater.

Since these figures are not in IPCC models, the models cannot be accurate, and they know it.

Reactions: xjx
Goddamnit Ogre. Damn you.

Anyone else having a cooler than normal June? It must mean something, right?

Two years in a row here in Maryland we've had very cool Junes. Like wearing a light coat some days. Usually June is consistently 80+ every day before the 90s set in in July/August.

Clearly this means the planet is warming.

Anyone else having a cooler than normal June? It must mean something, right?
Except for one week in April it hasn't been hot here yet.

It's cooler now because we have fewer cows, so fewer cow farts..