• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Climate Change Thread

Here is proof - they are coming for your bacon and freedom…

Again read any of the proposed solutions and they aren’t
“let’s replace fossil fuel with equal amounts of green energy and continue to live as is”
It’s more
“Let’s cut 50% off the grid, only use a limited amount of green energy, cut out most manufacturing and everything except public transportation restrict access to electronic devices, eliminate eating meat, eliminate choices in what clothing or possessions you can have, and reduce the population by over 90%”*

*except of course for the ruling class… only the peons must follow the rules…
**** with our religion, rights, gas cars, schools, We are pissed but....
**** with our Bacon and see what happens. Revolution!

Lab grown bacon.

“let’s replace fossil fuel with equal amounts of green energy and continue to live as is”
It’s more
“Let’s cut 50% off the grid, only use a limited amount of green energy, cut out most manufacturing and everything except public transportation restrict access to electronic devices, eliminate eating meat, eliminate choices in what clothing or possessions you can have, and reduce the population by over 90%”*

That's why they want to get rid of gas stoves. It's easier to shut off your electric if you're misbehaving.

It’s more

I have been talking about this for a while. Everybody asking how the grid would handle all the electric cars. It was never going to because you aren’t going to own a car or anything else. At least they’re saying it out loud now.

Heat index has been between 105-110 the last 5-6 days. The humidity as you know has been crazy.
Yeah S4E our "winter" is here. I try to get my yard work and 'outside' stuff done by 10am and then hibernate in the AC the rest of the day. Good thing my shop has ac. It has been brutal for us old folks....lol

funny-old-people-meme-3.jpg

I have been talking about this for a while. Everybody asking how the grid would handle all the electric cars. It was never going to because you aren’t going to own a car or anything else. At least they’re saying it out loud now.
The plan is all renewable energy and it will be rationed accordingly.
Last year because of everyone running their A/C, California asked people not to charge their electric cars.
I remember some years ago California asked people to get rid of their "garage fridges". Apparently having a second fridge in you garage is a thing there.

Last year because of everyone running their A/C, California asked people not to charge their electric cars.
I remember some years ago California asked people to get rid of their "garage fridges". Apparently having a second fridge in you garage is a thing there.

California and New York is where all the really stupid policies originate from. California’s energy policies are terrible and drove up prices there dramatically. They offered a discount program if your house was run by a centralized computer system then last year during a heat wave locked all their AC units at 80 degrees because they didnt have power… then when people bitched they countered with the old “ well you volunteered for it when you got that discount…

Its called “ on demand power” its a bullshit way to pretend that you’re creating enough power by limiting the amount people can use and reporting it as megawatts just as if you generated it… go back and listen to that weasel Newsome right after that power crisis… its exactly what he is doing when he is trying to dismiss the conservative criticism that California doesn’t have enough power…

They try to say how their 80,000 gross mws ( half still fossil fuel run really inefficiently to meet their crazy environmental policies) is sufficient but its a lie.. they also say demand hasn’t increased in almost a decade because of better personal use, but the reality is that behind the curtains policies and high prices are limiting use so their failing ideals can be hidden…

California and New York is where all the really stupid policies originate from. California’s energy policies are terrible and drove up prices there dramatically. They offered a discount program if your house was run by a centralized computer system then last year during a heat wave locked all their AC units at 80 degrees because they didnt have power… then when people bitched they countered with the old “ well you volunteered for it when you got that discount…

Its called “ on demand power” its a bullshit way to pretend that you’re creating enough power by limiting the amount people can use and reporting it as megawatts just as if you generated it… go back and listen to that weasel Newsome right after that power crisis… its exactly what he is doing when he is trying to dismiss the conservative criticism that California doesn’t have enough power…

They try to say how their 80,000 gross mws ( half still fossil fuel run really inefficiently to meet their crazy environmental policies) is sufficient but its a lie.. they also say demand hasn’t increased in almost a decade because of better personal use, but the reality is that behind the curtains policies and high prices are limiting use so their failing ideals can be hidden…
Cali will be fine with enough people moving out of the state their electric demand will go down.

Cali will be fine with enough people moving out of the state their electric demand will go down.
Free market always wins in the end.
How long have I been saying that?

Cali's problem is that people who make the money and pay the taxes are the ones leaving and they are being replaced by people who pay little or no taxes, yet the state keeps wanting to give **** away.

6ugS9g1.gif

Climate change: World's hottest day since records began​

CgmJ0OX.jpg

I would like to see a real debate of scientists for the cause of Global warming. The is not doubt it has gotten hotter outside lately. It is as if someone stuck a light bulb over my head up real close.

The earth is no doubt getting hotter recently as in the past few years. That is not debatable.

But why?!

The earth historically has gone through both warming and cooling periods over the past 1,000 of years.

Sea levels were in fact much lower in recorded human history. That is when the earth was much hotter over 1,000 of years. And Humans did live through a cooling stage called the ice age where they earth was much cooler than it is now.

The debate I want to see is one on the earth's magnetic shield because science shows it is getting weaker. You know it shields us from the sun's UVA rays and other things such as radiation and microwaves. And I want to see a debate on sun spots.

Both factors have a heck of a lot more to due with global cooling or warming than man made factors which are relatively new.

So where is that debate?

I would like to see a real debate of scientists for the cause of Global warming. The is not doubt it has gotten hotter outside lately. It is as if someone stuck a light bulb over my head up real close.

The earth is no doubt getting hotter recently as in the past few years. That is not debatable.

But why?!

The earth historically has gone through both warming and cooling periods over the past 1,000 of years.

Sea levels were in fact much lower in recorded human history. That is when the earth was much hotter over 1,000 of years. And Humans did live through a cooling stage called the ice age where they earth was much cooler than it is now.

The debate I want to see is one on the earth's magnetic shield because science shows it is getting weaker. You know it shields us from the sun's UVA rays and other things such as radiation and microwaves. And I want to see a debate on sun spots.

Both factors have a heck of a lot more to due with global cooling or warming than man made factors which are relatively new.

So where is that debate?
Solar radiation, sea floor spreading and the Pacific Decadal Oscillator are the largest forces affecting global temperatures, emissions and weather.

Really bad science, with very poor models is responsible for the silly discourse we have now, appropriately led by some foreigner high schooler.

Solar radiation, sea floor spreading and the Pacific Decadal Oscillator are the largest forces affecting global temperatures, emissions and weather.

Really bad science, with very poor models is responsible for the silly discourse we have now, appropriately led by some foreigner high schooler.
you're ignoring the fact that Ark drives a gas-guzzling V8 with the top down to hinder aerodynamics, while also insisting the Big Macs he eats are served up in the original styrofoam containers that are carelessly discarded alongside the road, which help to collect other pieces of litter causing a thermodynamic funnel that heats up the roadways and causes tires to melt.

goddammit, Ark,

Why not a debate on the topic? By the people like scientists, or at least those who educate the young?

Funny this planet has gone through periods of heating and..cough..cough multiple ice ages in its existence.

Just ask the dinosaurs how ****** the climate gets when a big space rock smashes into the planet.

They really should focus a lot more attention to stopping asteroids. Any of them over a few hundreds meters will cause catastrophic world changing destruction.

Anything a few miles in diameter or more and it's game over for much of the planet.

There's your great reset.

Funny this planet has gone through periods of heating and..cough..cough multiple ice ages in its existence.

Just ask the dinosaurs how ****** the climate gets when a big space rock smashes into the planet.

They really should focus a lot more attention to stopping asteroids. Any of them over a few hundreds meters will cause catastrophic world changing destruction.

Anything a few miles in diameter or more and it's game over for much of the planet.

There's your great reset.
At least they are coming with us.

Something like 4 of the hottest years in the last 100 were in the 1930's, before the invention of the SUV and air conditioning.

There is little or no data before 1800 on climate.. we can only speculate. There is some evidence that the earth warmed and cooled....all on its own....before one drop of oil was produced. But, there were a lot of cows and buffaloes f@rting. Then many buffaloes were eradicated.