• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Curse of Santonio

I thought Harrison deserved the SB MVP, but his personal foul took that chance away.

Holmes might not have been SB MVP, but he was by far the playoff MVP that year. Big TD on a catch and run broken play vs the Ravens. PR TD vs Chargers and the game winning TD in the SB. So I can't fault him for getting an MVP.

I thought Harrison deserved the SB MVP, but his personal foul took that chance away.

Holmes might not have been SB MVP, but he was by far the playoff MVP that year. Big TD on a catch and run broken play vs the Ravens. PR TD vs Chargers and the game winning TD in the SB. So I can't fault him for getting an MVP.

I hear yaz Stryker, but realize the SB MVP is based on the actual SB game. I’m sticking with if any other team played the exact same game, plays & outcomes, ect……… that QB gets the MVP.

BEN’s past discrepancy held that back, more importantly Commissioner Goodell.

Salute the nation

Yeah, not so much a curse as a positive as I see it. Holmes had a huge playoff series in 2008, helped the Steelers to #6, then basically brought in AB who was arguably the best WR in football for several seasons, leading to DJ, another very good receiver. So that one pick basically accounts for three great WR's?? 99.99% of teams would take just getting one great player out of a 1st round pick, let alone 3.

I like the so-and-so led to so-and-so tactic, by the way. I'm old enough to remember when the Pirates were good. One significant reason I was depressed about losing Doug Drabek to free agency (other than the fact it showed the team would not keep talented free agents) was the fact he was the last link to the 1971 Pirates and the amazing Roberto Clemente. Let me explain. Milt May of that team was a very young catcher who had a key pinch hit in the first night game in World Series history. Milt May was traded for Jerry Reuss, Jerry Reuss was traded for Rick Rhoden and Rick Rhoden was traded for ... Doug Drabek.