• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Democratic playbook. What if?

You worry about deficit spending now? That's rich. Where were you when Obama blew up the deficit and we were under a national emergency? Also where do you get 1% from?

The fact is Obama created more debt than ALL the other presidents combined before him. Did you catch that @21steelers21?

What we can not afford right now is a war. Biden voted for every war he could. Trump could have hit Iran hard, he declined.

It will. The riots in the 60s and Vietnam had the country fractured and it came back together. Might take a common enemy like the stinkin Dutch to do it though...

Sheriff Bart's grandmother was Dutch. So was mine.

Reactions: JMM
It will. The riots in the 60s and Vietnam had the country fractured and it came back together. Might take a common enemy like the stinkin Dutch to do it though...

I'll disagree. It never came back together. The authorities just beat the nonsense out of them and ended the riots. Today, if you are a conservative, you do not deserve to live. Today, if you are a liberal, you do not deserve to live. Families are completely fractured over political ideology. There is talk of a civil war over political ideology. People have been destroying **** continuously for over 100 days and the government is letting it happen. People are practically being encouraged to hate each other over race, sexual orientation and political ideology. People are being arrested for defending themselves against people trying to kill them. Criminals are being released 15 minutes after being booked to go commit more crimes. Colleges are teaching classes about how awful white people are. News media flat out lies every damn day. I could go on.

It isn't coming back together unless one side says to the other side "You know what? You win. You are right." There will be no compromise until one side is either extinct or quits.

The real scary part is....

is that there is no one out there capable or willing to step up and unite us all again....

Trump has burned too many bridges with those outside of his base.... and Biden is just not mentally capable any longer....

This country needs a hero who is moderate politically in the worst way!

I'll disagree. It never came back together. The authorities just beat the nonsense out of them and ended the riots. Today, if you are a conservative, you do not deserve to live. Today, if you are a liberal, you do not deserve to live. Families are completely fractured over political ideology. There is talk of a civil war over political ideology. People have been destroying **** continuously for over 100 days and the government is letting it happen. People are practically being encouraged to hate each other over race, sexual orientation and political ideology. People are being arrested for defending themselves against people trying to kill them. Criminals are being released 15 minutes after being booked to go commit more crimes. Colleges are teaching classes about how awful white people are. News media flat out lies every damn day. I could go on.

It isn't coming back together unless one side says to the other side "You know what? You win. You are right." There will be no compromise until one side is either extinct or quits.

There were riots in Orangeburg, SC in 1968 in what history calls the "Orangeburg Massacre." I had a friend whose grandfather was a prominent law enforcement official in the area during the time of the riots at South Carolina State University (Donnie Shell's alma mater for pre-Woke Steelers fans). The grandfather was reputed to have said, "it won't end until a few of them are shot."

How long did it go on after Kent State, even? Once the gloves come off and a few 'tifa boys and girls find out cow horns will hook, this will probably calm down some at least at the street level.

Of course, the problem is that there is likely no intent to get rough with the miscreants at least in the communist bastions of what we used to call America's "alabaster cities."

The mob understands only one language -- force.

The mob understands only one language -- force.

I agree with this. This **** should have been put down with force a LOOOOONG time ago. But it has been allowed to fester and grow and every day that passes makes it more difficult to get that horse back in the barn. The most frustrating thing about this is that politicians are being derelict in their primary responsibility to protect ALL of the citizens of this nation, but if I defend myself, at least in this climate, I am likely to be prosecuted. And the criminals are basically allowed to walk with impunity.

The real scary part is....

is that there is no one out there capable or willing to step up and unite us all again....

Trump has burned too many bridges with those outside of his base.... and Biden is just not mentally capable any longer....

This country needs a hero who is moderate politically in the worst way!

I've been waiting for the person for years. It's the only way were going to get out of this and moving in the right direction.

This. I'm tired of it. I was lucky enough to be raised by a man that sat me and my sister down early and told us that we were going to think for ourselves. We would watch the news together, talk about issues together. Read books as a family and talk about our different perspectives. We were never taught to hate people. Ever. We moved from Detroit to Las Vegas when I was about 8 and I had never seen or met a white person in my life. The first friends me and my sister made were white. It was never a second thought to us. My parents weren't in the house telling us to be stay with our own kind either. They just said be careful about people who aren't decent and they can come from anywhere. It taught us how not to be lead by ideology but by our own critical thinking. My father has since passed on and I miss that man. I owe so much to him.

Decency and respect is a huge thing in my family. My mom is the same way. We don't take **** from people. We stick up for other people. This is why I can't condone a lot of what's going on and I'm pretty disgusted that the President of my country conducts himself in the way he does. It matters. It's not helping the unrest that's going now AT ALL.

I truly hope that we are able to get past this moment without it staying fractured. We need these voices to be measured and balanced. We need everyone. There are serious skeletons in this country that need to be addressed and until we really do that without trying to blame white people for everything we won't get very far with it. (White people aren't a monolith either......I've tried to get alot of black people to look at this. We don't want to all be lumped together and neither do white people). Same with Republicans. If conservatives want a real voice going forward they need to separate themselves from a lot of this bigotry going on right now. I know it doesn't represent a lot of people but if you stay silent in the name of winning then it will come back to in the long run to bite you.

We can't blame cops for everything. We can't blame the media for everything. We can't even blame the government for everything. It can be really counter productive. I'm all for people having to answer for their behavior but there are people who are just thrown in a pile with actual horrible people and its just a witch hunt at that point. Liberals need to stop trying to police everything through the court of public opinion. Cancel culture and #metoo ect are not a catch all. People's lives are being ruined who didn't actually do anything wrong in some cases. Silencing people who are trying to be better and learn doesn't do any good either. Labeling people racist who aren't doesn't do any good. You're doing the same ****.

The leadership has been lacking greatly. We're at the point where we're willing to put anyone in charge as long as it pushes our agenda and that's dangerous. That's the point I've been trying to make here. Gotta hold people accountable.....even if it's someone that you think is doing a good job in your eyes......it's not ok if they treat people like garbage along the way to do it. It may not affect you personally but I guarantee you there is someone who is hurting because of it. If someone asks a question about someone or something that you support and has an issue.....deflecting to another person to justify your support is not doing that. Especially if were talking about the President. It's dismissive and it's callous.

We already have an economic collapse, we are just borrowing money to delay it. When you have to borrow a trillion dollars a year to keep an economy afloat, your in trouble.
Trump created 7 trillion in debt and got a 1% decrease in unemployment. Do you think spending 7 trillion to get a 1% decrease in unemployment is smart?

Of course not.

HOWEVER:

I’ve not seen the data about $7 Trillion, nor have I seen anything that quantifies that to equal 1% decrease in unemployment. And I know how to navigate https://www.bls.gov/mobile/ and https://www.stlouisfed.org among others that report accurate data that requires understanding of how to integrate & interpret real data.

So I call BS — you got this from out of your ***. If you could calculate the U3 vs. U6 numbers; vs. what they mean. Also what is the LFPR? If you cannot answer—you’re further full of ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

This. I'm tired of it. I was lucky enough to be raised by a man that sat me and my sister down early and told us that we were going to think for ourselves. We would watch the news together, talk about issues together. Read books as a family and talk about our different perspectives. We were never taught to hate people. Ever. We moved from Detroit to Las Vegas when I was about 8 and I had never seen or met a white person in my life. The first friends me and my sister made were white. It was never a second thought to us. My parents weren't in the house telling us to be stay with our own kind either. They just said be careful about people who aren't decent and they can come from anywhere. It taught us how not to be lead by ideology but by our own critical thinking. My father has since passed on and I miss that man. I owe so much to him.

Decency and respect is a huge thing in my family. My mom is the same way. We don't take **** from people. We stick up for other people. This is why I can't condone a lot of what's going on and I'm pretty disgusted that the President of my country conducts himself in the way he does. It matters. It's not helping the unrest that's going now AT ALL.

I truly hope that we are able to get past this moment without it staying fractured. We need these voices to be measured and balanced. We need everyone. There are serious skeletons in this country that need to be addressed and until we really do that without trying to blame white people for everything we won't get very far with it. (White people aren't a monolith either......I've tried to get alot of black people to look at this. We don't want to all be lumped together and neither do white people). Same with Republicans. If conservatives want a real voice going forward they need to separate themselves from a lot of this bigotry going on right now. I know it doesn't represent a lot of people but if you stay silent in the name of winning then it will come back to in the long run to bite you.

We can't blame cops for everything. We can't blame the media for everything. We can't even blame the government for everything. It can be really counter productive. I'm all for people having to answer for their behavior but there are people who are just thrown in a pile with actual horrible people and its just a witch hunt at that point. Liberals need to stop trying to police everything through the court of public opinion. Cancel culture and #metoo ect are not a catch all. People's lives are being ruined who didn't actually do anything wrong in some cases. Silencing people who are trying to be better and learn doesn't do any good either. Labeling people racist who aren't doesn't do any good. You're doing the same ****.

The leadership has been lacking greatly. We're at the point where we're willing to put anyone in charge as long as it pushes our agenda and that's dangerous. That's the point I've been trying to make here. Gotta hold people accountable.....even if it's someone that you think is doing a good job in your eyes......it's not ok if they treat people like garbage along the way to do it. It may not affect you personally but I guarantee you there is someone who is hurting because of it. If someone asks a question about someone or something that you support and has an issue.....deflecting to another person to justify your support is not doing that. Especially if were talking about the President. It's dismissive and it's callous.

Nice work shinin!

We could of been raised by the same parents...
Brothers from a different mother!

The sad part IMHO....is that Trump could of been great for this country if he just treated people right and acted professionally...sometimes you need to "play the game" despite your anger and frustration....i.e. media.

He never could separate Trump the New York City born business mogul.... from being Trump the POTUS....

Last edited:

I really enjoyed that post and seriously thank you for writing it. Sounds like your parents are/were amazing people and I commend them and you for that.

I have to take exception to one thing...as you speak of healing. You stated: "This is why I can't condone a lot of what's going on and I'm pretty disgusted that the President of my country conducts himself in the way he does. It matters. It's not helping the unrest that's going now AT ALL."

Had you said "all" politicians, I'd have given you an A+++ on your musings.

By singly pointing out Trump and not EVERY politician who acts like a jackass, who codones and incites violence, who insults Americans they disagree with, you aren't promoting healing, you're promoting division.

Why do I support Trump's inexcusable behavior? Several reasons, primarily because of what he gets done, but here's the other big reason - he fights back. It's ugly, it's not classy, but for countless many like me, we have had damned near enough.

See you say "it matters" referring to how they act. Absolutely it does, 100% agreed. What I think you are missing is the fed up part. We have asked for decency since Reagan, and waited for the tables to turn. Nothing did. I can remember how Reagan was treated by other Democrats and the media, simply because he wasn't one of theirs, and it was awful. It got worse with Bush and escalated in intensity. By the time it got to Bush Jr, the gloves were off. You can disagree with W, but he was a gentleman. And they were RUTHLESS in how they treated him - all of them. Look at how Clarence Thomas and Robert Bjork were treated. Condoleeza Rice. Ben Carson. Venom has been relentlessly spewed towards Conservatives for over 30 years and it gets worse by the year in that time span, there is no arguing.

We all watched. We all sat back and took it. We all saw the growing division and that the Left was never going to treat our candidates and us, "the deplorables," with any respect.

And now we have Trump. The Left and others can't wrap their heads around this idea...that THEY created Donald Trump. THEY are responsible for Donald Trump. Trump wouldn't have had a prayer of being elected 10 or even 20 years ago. But when he ran in 2016...and people saw he wasn't going to take the **** the Left and the Left's media was doing to every other prominent Conservative before, people said "Yeah, I'll back that. Democrats are never going to change and he will fight the fight the way they want to fight."

Rhetoric matters. It matters. Indeed. But until the Left and the media step up to the plate and begin to act like common decent humans and show respect to Conservatives, this will only get worse.

No one, and I mean no one can blame Trump singularly when DECADES of vile, disrespectful language and actions have been driven towards Conservative leaders in a concerted effort.

Until you and others are willing to step up and say Trump is wrong...and SO is Maxine Waters for preaching violence and hate and division - your cries of "Trump is mean and a bully" will fall on deaf ears because we've had enough. If the rules of decency don't apply to all, well then fight on Mr. Trump. We patiently took the high road waiting for 30 years for "decency" to be shown to Conservatives. It only got worse. So here we are - backing a fighter.

Last edited:
Americans, like every other sort of democratic nation in the world, will elect the leadership deserved by the people.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I really enjoyed that post and seriously thank you for writing it. Sounds like your parents are/were amazing people and I commend them and you for that.

I have to take exception to one thing...as you speak of healing. You stated: "This is why I can't condone a lot of what's going on and I'm pretty disgusted that the President of my country conducts himself in the way he does. It matters. It's not helping the unrest that's going now AT ALL."

Had you said "all" politicians, I'd have given you an A+++ on your musings.

By singly pointing out Trump and not EVERY politician who acts like a jackass, who codones and incites violence, who insults Americans they disagree with, you aren't promoting healing, you're promoting division.

Why do I support Trump's inexcusable behavior? Several reasons, primarily because of what he gets done, but here's the other big reason - he fights back. It's ugly, it's not classy, but for countless many like me, we have had damned near enough.

See you say "it matters" referring to how they act. Absolutely it does, 100% agreed. What I think you are missing is the fed up part. We have asked for decency since Reagan, and waited for the tables to turn. Nothing did. I can remember how Reagan was treated by other Democrats and the media, simply because he wasn't one of theirs, and it was awful. It got worse with Bush and escalated in intensity. By the time it got to Bush Jr, the gloves were off. You can disagree with W, but he was a gentleman. And they were RUTHLESS in how they treated him - all of them. Look at how Clarence Thomas and Robert Bjork were treated. Condoleeza Rice. Ben Carson. Venom has been relentlessly spewed towards Conservatives for over 30 years and it gets worse by the year in that time span, there is no arguing.

We all watched. We all sat back and took it. We all saw the growing division and that the Left was never going to treat our candidates and us, "the deplorables," with any respect.

And now we have Trump. The Left and others can't wrap their heads around this idea...that THEY created Donald Trump. THEY are responsible for Donald Trump. Trump wouldn't have had a prayer of being elected 10 or even 20 years ago. But when he ran in 2016...and people saw he wasn't going to take the **** the Left and the Left's media was doing to every other prominent Conservative before, people said "Yeah, I'll back that. Democrats are never going to change and he will fight the fight the way they want to fight."

Rhetoric matters. It matters. Indeed. But until the Left and the media step up to the plate and begin to act like common decent humans and show respect to Conservatives, this will only get worse.

No one, and I mean no one can blame Trump singularly when DECADES of vile, disrespectful language and actions have been driven towards Conservative leaders in a concerted effort.

Until you and others are willing to step up and say Trump is wrong...and SO is Maxine Waters for preaching violence and hate and division - your cries of "Trump is mean and a bully" will fall on deaf ears because we've had enough. If the rules of decency don't apply to all, well then fight on Mr. Trump. We patiently took the high road waiting for 30 years for "decency" to be shown to Conservatives. It only got worse. So here we are - backing a fighter.

I agree, Tim. Well written.

I am tired, too. I am tired of the "trump is not presidential" crowd not calling pelosi out on her tearing the speach, lying about Russia, ignoring Biden's son, Obummer not being born in the US, etc. Also, I'm tired of the people of this nation giving any credence of any type, on any level to what the media is an does.

When I hear this from the "trump blew it" crowd, I will listen. Until then, no. If you all go back and read my posts, I have made it clear - Trump is a symptom, not the problem. Don't like him? Cool. Don't vote for those who are so crappy that Trump looks good. I held my nose and voted for him, because hiledbeast was soooooooo bad. I truly wish we had other viable candidates. But, we don't. We have these hacks that we have. The system is too big, not broken (IMO), and needs to be scaled back.

In the mean time, if someone, anyone, wants to try to uphold virtue, civility, etc., they have to uphold it in all cases, by all media and both parties, or it is disingenious. Period.

I agree, Tim. Well written.

I am tired, too. I am tired of the "trump is not presidential" crowd not calling pelosi out on her tearing the speach, lying about Russia, ignoring Biden's son, Obummer not being born in the US, etc. Also, I'm tired of the people of this nation giving any credence of any type, on any level to what the media is an does.

When I hear this from the "trump blew it" crowd, I will listen. Until then, no. If you all go back and read my posts, I have made it clear - Trump is a symptom, not the problem. Don't like him? Cool. Don't vote for those who are so crappy that Trump looks good. I held my nose and voted for him, because hiledbeast was soooooooo bad. I truly wish we had other viable candidates. But, we don't. We have these hacks that we have. The system is too big, not broken (IMO), and needs to be scaled back.

In the mean time, if someone, anyone, wants to try to uphold virtue, civility, etc., they have to uphold it in all cases, by all media and both parties, or it is disingenious. Period.

Agreed...the political problems are across the board Djfan...which makes the country's situation even more hopeless looking at the moment..
There is going to be alot of nose holding at the polls this year..

On both sides of the aisle...and us Independents..

Agreed...the political problems are across the board Djfan...which makes the country's situation even more hopeless looking at the moment..
There is going to be alot of nose holding at the polls this year..

On both sides of the aisle...and us Independents..

Yup, and this is the only strength we have. So, there is only instability, and it's bad. Buckle up.

Remember this? Day ******* one. The Left didn't give Trump 5 minutes before they started to tear the country apart. They start **** then blame the opposition for the problems. They riot and burn cities then stand back and say, Look at what Trump is causing! I swear, everything right is wrong anymore. Hard work, morals, decency, civility.... all down the drain..

Greenpeace-protesters-climb-crane-hang-resist-banner-that-can-be-seen-from-White-House.-ABC7.jpg

Agree 100%, Booted. And the left expects me to forget the absolute truckloads of garbage and lies they heaped on Reagan, then H.W. Bush, then W. Bush.

They want to pretend they were civil towards Reagan, like contestants in a chess tournament exchanging pleasantries and strategies, when in fact I damn well remember the left calling Reagan a racist, someone who hoped to kill old people, a bigot, a misogynist, somebody who hated Mexicans, and foreigners, a warmonger, a murderer.

Ronald ******* Reagan, one of the most genuinely decent people ever to hold the goddamn office.

So when they turn on the hate spigot again and again and again, with the same disgusting excrement flowing like soft-serve ice cream at a 4th of July party (you know, back when we were ******* allowed to be with other people outdoors), at Bush or Trump, I know it is more of the same lying bullshit from the same bullshitting liars who have been spewing this garbage for more than 40 years.

You might be right Sarge. I'd like to think there are more level headed common sense types than the organized anarchists that make the news. I think it will either calm down or snuffed out after the election. The other things you mention like the brainwashing of our students will unfortunately continue until taxpayers who fund those indoctrination centers say enough is enough.

Here is what a lot of flaccid political limp-noodles fail to realize:

This **** is being funded by a relatively small group of people, and run by a couple of hundred leaders who could be rounded up, jailed, and charged with insurrection right the **** now.

Seriously, if the KKK were the ones burning and looting and blocking traffic and pulling drivers out of vehicles and attacking pedestrians and storming into restaurants and throwing Molotov cocktails at police and burning police stations and costing billions of dollars in damage, does any being with the intellect equal or greater to a turnip believe it would have been allowed to continue for more than 24 hours?!?!?

Seriously, if the KKK were the ones burning and looting and blocking traffic and pulling drivers out of vehicles and attacking pedestrians and storming into restaurants and throwing Molotov cocktails at police and burning police stations and costing billions of dollars in damage, does any being with the intellect equal or greater to a turnip believe it would have been allowed to continue for more than 24 hours?!?!?

Well, all you would have to do is call their actions "peaceful protests" and voila!