• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Enemy of the People Thread

uZorFd9.jpg

I love when the Enemy of the People pay. The Olympics? They officially suck. Hope it hurts severely.

NBC is facing a cataclysmic loss at Olympics​

Lowest TV ratings in Olympic history​

NBC is facing a cataclysmic loss of audience for the 2022 Winter Olympics as viewership tanked for Friday’s Opening Ceremony, averaging just 16 million.

It is a record low for the Opening Ceremony (20.1 million for 1988 in Calgary was the previous record) and a whopping 43 percent below the 2018 Games in South Korea that notched 28.3 million viewers despite also dealing with a less than advantageous Asian time zone for American audiences.

It comes on the heels of Thursday’s ratings disaster that saw just 7.7 million people tune in, dramatically below same-night audiences of 2018 (16 million) and 2014 from Russia (20.02 million).

NBC said the 16 million is a “total audience delivery” and includes all of its networks and streaming. The television-only average audience was below 14 million for the day, per the preliminary data released by the network.

China’s drastic anti-COVID measures have made life inside its “closed loop” a high-stress and near joyless experience for the athletes and a massive challenge for NBC.

Athletes have complained about the fear of positive tests, substandard conditions in unnecessary “isolation centers” and the need to guard against China hacking into their phones and computers to mine data and steal identities.

Friday’s Opening Ceremony from the famed Bird’s Nest in Beijing was scaled back (just over two hours) and rich with politics and propaganda, including a speech from International Olympic Committee (IOC) president Thomas Bach that might as well have been written by the Chinese Communist Party.

While the use of a massive LED screen on the floor produced some impressive visuals, it was a far cry from an expansive, welcoming, celebratory, over-the-top show China delivered to open the 2008 Summer Games.

It was a disturbing and dispiriting moment, a young athlete and an iconic moment in every Olympics used as a propaganda prop to cover up a campaign of slavery, torture, forced abortions and internment in reeducation camps. It did nothing to build good feelings toward the competition.

As such, rather than a celebration, this feels, and looks, like a grind of hardship, isolation and suspicion.

The lack of fans in attendance doesn’t help either. Thursday’s ice skating competition was surreal, a performative event where the connection between competitor and crowd is paramount. Instead, with just 800 in attendance, it looked and sounded like a practice session, complete with music rattling around within the poor acoustics.

All of this is a nightmare for NBC, which is paying the IOC $7.75 billion to broadcast the Olympics through 2032.

NBC is doing almost all it can but its reporters and crews are stuck in the “closed loop.” That eliminates live shots with mountains or historic buildings as backdrops as well as stories about the culture, architecture and people of China that can make the Olympics about more than just sport.

Host Mike Tirico broadcast from a set designed like a mountain chalet, but that could have been in Breckenridge, not Beijing. And Tirico, the face of the broadcast, will be leaving in the coming days to anchor NBC’s coverage of the Super Bowl, which due to the lengthening of the NFL season has spilled into the Olympic calendar and further siphoned off interest and outside media coverage.

Meanwhile, most of NBC’s play-by-play broadcasters are calling the Games remotely from studios in Connecticut rather than risk China’s COVID policies.

I wouldn't watch that **** if you paid me money. Now how much money is a different story, but the point stands.

I love when the Enemy of the People pay. The Olympics? They officially suck. Hope it hurts severely.

NBC is facing a cataclysmic loss of audience for the 2022 Winter Olympics as viewership tanked for Friday’s Opening Ceremony, averaging just 16 million.

It is a record low for the Opening Ceremony (20.1 million for 1988 in Calgary was the previous record) and a whopping 43 percent below the 2018 Games in South Korea that notched 28.3 million viewers despite also dealing with a less than advantageous Asian time zone for American audiences.

It comes on the heels of Thursday’s ratings disaster that saw just 7.7 million people tune in, dramatically below same-night audiences of 2018 (16 million) and 2014 from Russia (20.02 million).

NBC said the 16 million is a “total audience delivery” and includes all of its networks and streaming. The television-only average audience was below 14 million for the day, per the preliminary data released by the network.

China’s drastic anti-COVID measures have made life inside its “closed loop” a high-stress and near joyless experience for the athletes and a massive challenge for NBC.

Athletes have complained about the fear of positive tests, substandard conditions in unnecessary “isolation centers” and the need to guard against China hacking into their phones and computers to mine data and steal identities.

Friday’s Opening Ceremony from the famed Bird’s Nest in Beijing was scaled back (just over two hours) and rich with politics and propaganda, including a speech from International Olympic Committee (IOC) president Thomas Bach that might as well have been written by the Chinese Communist Party.

While the use of a massive LED screen on the floor produced some impressive visuals, it was a far cry from an expansive, welcoming, celebratory, over-the-top show China delivered to open the 2008 Summer Games.

It was a disturbing and dispiriting moment, a young athlete and an iconic moment in every Olympics used as a propaganda prop to cover up a campaign of slavery, torture, forced abortions and internment in reeducation camps. It did nothing to build good feelings toward the competition.

As such, rather than a celebration, this feels, and looks, like a grind of hardship, isolation and suspicion.

The lack of fans in attendance doesn’t help either. Thursday’s ice skating competition was surreal, a performative event where the connection between competitor and crowd is paramount. Instead, with just 800 in attendance, it looked and sounded like a practice session, complete with music rattling around within the poor acoustics.

All of this is a nightmare for NBC, which is paying the IOC $7.75 billion to broadcast the Olympics through 2032.

NBC is doing almost all it can but its reporters and crews are stuck in the “closed loop.” That eliminates live shots with mountains or historic buildings as backdrops as well as stories about the culture, architecture and people of China that can make the Olympics about more than just sport.

Host Mike Tirico broadcast from a set designed like a mountain chalet, but that could have been in Breckenridge, not Beijing. And Tirico, the face of the broadcast, will be leaving in the coming days to anchor NBC’s coverage of the Super Bowl, which due to the lengthening of the NFL season has spilled into the Olympic calendar and further siphoned off interest and outside media coverage.

Meanwhile, most of NBC’s play-by-play broadcasters are calling the Games remotely from studios in Connecticut rather than risk China’s COVID policies.

Um try not holding the Olympics in one of the most oppressive ruthless brutal countries on the planet that just manufactured a plague they let loose on the world.

I mean ****,what the hell are they thinking giving the Olympics to China. They could have easily said hell no China. Clean up your act and we will think about it...duh. May as well let North Korea host them next, that would be a hoot.

Um try not holding the Olympics in one of the most oppressive ruthless brutal countries on the planet that just manufactured a plague they let loose on the world.

Shows how ******* utterly despicable and ultimately clueless they really are.

Shows how ******* utterly despicable and ultimately clueless they really are.

They're ******* idiots for signing off on this ****. I guess it's a real **** show how athletes are being treated in this super isolated covid paradise.

Media ... always even-handed. Case in point:

- Youngkin (R) removes mask mandate on kids who face zero risk from Chinese flu = Hitler-Trump!!! Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!
- Phil Murphy (D)umbshit to remove mask mandate March 7 - brave genius!!

I dont think I have ever watched a winter Olympic

I dont think I have ever watched a winter Olympic
I haven't watched one minute this year. I used to watch because I rooted for wipeouts. Nothing is funnier that watching pairs skating when the guy chucks the waif and she goes sprawling into the boards. Ski crashes are good fun too. But I don't have any interest right now. A communist country hosting and broadcasted by a communist fake news network...I'll pass.

Media ... always even-handed. Case in point:

- Youngkin (R) removes mask mandate on kids who face zero risk from Chinese flu = Hitler-Trump!!! Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!
- Phil Murphy (D)umbshit to remove mask mandate March 7 - brave genius!!

And why wait till March? Like what ******* science said hmmmmm yeah March.

More evidence (as if any more were needed) of the blatantly biased and patently slanted coverage from the garbage dogshit paper known as the New York Commie Times:

A series of emails between the Times and Interior Secretary Deb Haaland’s office, obtained by The Federalist through a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request, illustrates the stark contrast between how the paper of “all the news that’s fit to print” approached Trump’s environmental efforts and his incumbent successors.

In an August email to Interior spokeswoman Melissa Schwartz, New York Times energy and environmental reporter Coral Davenport inquired about an appeal from the administration on leasing. The date of the message, Aug. 16, suggests Davenport was asking about the administration’s move to block a federal judge’s court order that overturned Biden’s ban on oil and gas leases on federal land.

“I’m trying to understand what exactly is new – the decision already required the administration to resume leasing,” Davenport wrote. “We will not do a story about the appeal – I’m just trying to understand what, beyond the appeal, is substantively new.”

Schwartz responded with a request that Davenport not write a story at all.

“More than happy for you to not write,” Schwartz wrote.

A review of Davenport’s author page shows no story written on the topic in the days following the exchange.

Oh, OK. NYCT reporter taking directions from the Dementia House not to write a story. But I am sure they were just as hospitable to the prior administration, amirite??

A series of officials who worked on environmental issues under Trump, and whose post-government employment barred them from going on record, said the treatment was far different from how the New York Times, and Davenport in particular, approached the previous administration. According to the Washington Free Beacon, for example, the New York Times filed nearly four times as many FOIA requests with the Environmental Protection Agency during Trump’s first year than during President Barack Obama’s entire second term.

One official from Trump’s Interior Department said Davenport was “awful” to work with and was among the worst culprits of activist journalism, often giving the agency 30-minute deadlines, if that, to offer statements on complex issues. Other former Trump officials said such conduct from the Times was routine practice.

Okay, so the NYCT was tough on the Trump administration. But come on, man, I bet they are blisteringly-tough on Gropey Joe and the Dementias!!

In another exchange with [Biden EPA Secretary] Schwartz, New York Times writer Elizabeth Williamson asked repeatedly for Haaland to sit for a profile interview. After Schwartz refused the request, Williamson pleaded and seemed to assure positive coverage.

“I do think it’ll look a bit odd since so many of her colleague sent and friends have spoken w[ith] me,” Williamson wrote in May last year. “This sometimes happens on tough stories but rather a mystery here! … I still hope she will reconsider.”

The profile that eventually ran painted Haaland in a glowing light despite the secretary’s first-person absence. Williamson instead spoke to members of Haaland’s New Mexico tribe, the Laguna Pueblo. The piece was even met with Interior Department approval.

“I just wanted to say that I thought the profile turned out really lovely,” Schwartz wrote the morning it ran.
“The Secretary asked me to pass on her appreciation and gratitude that you traveled to speak with Pueblo women,” Schwartz added moments later.

Okay, maybe a little slanted, but I mean the NYCT would never stand for its left-wing ideologue imbecile staff flat-out skewing news, hiding news favorable to Trump, or even lying about the news. Right??

Mandy Gunasekara, who was chief of staff for the Environmental Protection Agency under Trump, said the emails were “beyond frustrating.”

“We had reporters straight up tell us they wouldn’t come cover events because they would never write a positive story about the Trump administration,” Gunasekara told The Federalist. “And then there were other instances where they would just straight up spread false information.”

Gunasekara cited one example in 2019 so egregious the EPA released a press release to counter.

During a speech at the National Press Club, then-EPA Administrator Andrew Wheeler said, “The media does a disservice to the American public and sound policy-making by not informing the public of the progress this nation has made.”

A reporter from Yahoo News selectively cut the quote to change its meaning.

“‘The media does a disservice to the American public,’ by reporting on global warming, says EPA head Andrew Wheeler. Wants more positive coverage,” tweeted Yahoo’s Alexander Nazaryan. The post, still up, garnered more than 900 retweets including from the New York Times’s Lisa Friedman.

Left-wing tards and bootlickers and their ideological quisling sheep respond:

giphy.gif

National Review has an article out today on this. What caught my eye was a reference to our very own Pittsburgh Dad:

Pittsburgh Tribune-Review hockey columnist Tim Benz doubts that viewers are boycotting China in significant numbers: “I’m not sure the average American refusing to watch luge on a Tuesday night genuinely qualifies as a grand political action. . . . C’mon. If the Steelers had their first preseason game in China next August, it would pull a 30 share in Pittsburgh.” But that’s an unfair measuring stick. If the Steelers held their first preseason game within the reactor core of the Yongbyon Nuclear Facility in North Korea, Steelers fans would still watch. Pittsburgh Dad would do a whole video on how the radiation was healthy and would turn T. J. Watt into the Incredible Hulk. (Love you, Steelers fans!)

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/nbcs-cataclysmic-olympics-coverage-flop/

More evidence (as if any more were needed) of the blatantly biased and patently slanted coverage from the garbage dogshit paper known as the New York Commie Times:
And they ain't alone. I saw this blatant piece of two faced Communist rhetoric this morning and remembered that Snopes has repeatedly been touted as fair and impartial....LOL

Snopes Hilariously Attempts to Fact Check Biden Admin “Crack Pipe Giveaway” Story​

Earlier this week the Washington Free Beacon reported on a story that seemed to indicate Hunter Biden is calling the shots.

According to their reporting a $30 million grant program that begins in May will give money to nonprofits and local governments to help make drug use safer for addicts. We also learned that “Applicants for the grants are prioritized if they treat a majority of ‘underserved communities,’ including African Americans and ‘LGBTQ+ persons,’ as established under President Joe Biden’s executive order on ‘advancing racial equity.'”

Here's Snopes ....

1644421688079.png

Yeah you read that right.

So in other words, according to Snopes it’s not true that the Biden administration has a program to distribute crack pipes to addicts because the Biden administration has a plan to distribute crack pipes to addicts in combination with other policies in a similar theme.

Snopes also took issue with reporting that the administration’s crack pipe giveaway was to advance racial equity, which they say isn’t true because the grants encouraged recipients to advance racial equity *while* working for harm reduction, not *from* harm reduction – a completely meaningless distinction the fact checker actually thinks is a rebuttal:

These leftist loons get goofier by the day. How in the world anyone can't see the total bias BS is beyond comprehension.

VCQ9dWM.gif

Oh yeah...here's more commie crap.

uGeqbRa.jpg

Last edited:
Watch this. Just do it. I'm not asking, I'm telling you. 😂 :ROFLMAO: 😂 :ROFLMAO: 😂 :ROFLMAO: 😂 :ROFLMAO: :rofl:

They had me at "mostly peaceful protest" while the background looked like something out of Somalia around 1993.

So stunning and brave for him to be there after what he had to go through: