• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The " F " the media thread

LOL, where was my "outrage" towards anything. I said I still find what the high school kid did was disrespectful. To an elder. That's me and not how I raised my kids. I'm proud of that. As for the black Isrealites, they're adults and should have known better. IMO kids are a result of parenting. Whether I think they were disrespectful or not is the way I chose to parent. I found them disrespectful to an elder. Also I said earlier, and you as a trump fan should agree, there are very fine people on both sides. Your POTUS said it, so it's gospel and must be true. As for your last sentence, lol he's doing a fine job destroying himself, he doesn't need help in that area. But nice try to get me to argue, there's no need for it...if we're all adults that is.

You taught your kids not to stand passively and smile while they are being harassed by an adult who approached them and is standing 6 inches from their face beating a drum? Why would you do that? And what would you instruct your kid to do in that situation? Just curious.

Don't see it like that. He said he was trying to diffuse a tense situation. In Native American style I guess, I don't know, but he thought he was a calming factor. I have no reason not to believe him. He's still an elder and to stare down an elder is just disrespectful IMO. Do I think he should he have done it...not how I would have tried to "diffuse" a situation, but it was the right way in his opinion, maybe his only way, who knows. Also having heard the kid talk in his interview when he said in hindsight he should have walked away, I agree with that. He admitted that and I also have no reason not to believe what he said there. I'd like to believe my kids would walk away, but never being in that situation, I have no idea. We all know kids like to look big in front of friends, so who knows. I'm sure that's what this was, that's why I'm not in "outrage" mode over any of it. Me, I would have forced my kids to say something like "I meant no disrespect and if it came off that way then I apologize". Again, that's ME. I also like that the kid said he wants to talk to Nathan Phillips. Another good step, I'd like to see that happen. Bottom line there was a lot going on there, hateful adults and disrespectful kids. Just another ordinary day truthfully and I'm personally unfazed by the whole situation.

Bull.....****. He also said he was protecting the Black Israelites from the horde of high school kids. You know...the same Black Isrealites who were screaming profanities, homophobic and ethnic slurs at a bunch of kids who were minding their own business. He's full of **** up to his eyeballs. He went out of his way to harass those kids. It's all on video and he is a flat out liar.

Don't see it like that. He said he was trying to diffuse a tense situation. In Native American style I guess, I don't know, but he thought he was a calming factor. I have no reason not to believe him.

You do have reason and it's been posted here. This isn't this guy's first rodeo. He has performed this very stunt before, specifically at Eastern Michigan University, taunting students trying to get them to hurl racial insults. His organization is funded by known Leftists. He is personally being bankrolled by leftists as well. He's performed in cop killing rap music videos.

That's wholly enough to call everything he's said (including the lies that he stated that have been proven) into complete question.

And I'm no Indian historian, but I'm pretty sure they don't try to diffuse situations and to be a calming factor by getting into a strangers face, chant and bang a drum. Seems like that would have gotten a lot of Indians scalped back in the day.

Also having heard the kid talk in his interview when he said in hindsight he should have walked away, I agree with that. He admitted that and I also have no reason not to believe what he said there.

When you consider this "elder" has a history of agitating and doing these very things, I contend the following. You've seen the clips. First where was this kid going to go? He was surrounded by his peers. Let's say he is able to walk away. I'm betting an amazing sum of money that the Indian would approach the very next, closest student. He wasn't going to stop. Why should we think he was going to stop banging his drum in kids faces when it's pretty clear from his past history this is what he does...he tries to provoke?

Last edited:
Don't want to take the time to quote you completely Tim as I'm on my way out. I just wanted to touch base on the fact that I did say the media got this wrong. They just did, they admitted as much and so do I. I don't take every article I read as gospel, just like I don't trump. My only point was I'll hold the media in the same light as the POTUS. I can't scream fake news when I hear it coming right from his mouth. It was just an example of the selective outrage you guys don't like. And yes Tim, I saw his "smirk" as a mock of an elder, but he sounded genuine in his interview. I'm not judging anyone on how they raise their kids and I stated I'd like to believe mine would have walked away like he said he wished he did. I can only hope that, I have no idea. Not judging the kid on the "look", I heard his interview and have no reason not to believe what he said. Yes, the adults were horrible, it was a horrible situation all around. Gotta run - thanks for keeping it civil with me.

When I was 16 it wouldn't have been a good idea to come in my face and bang a drum. The student was very restrained and didn't put that drum over the guy's head and roll him down the stairs... which is probably what I would have done.

He's still an elder and to stare down an elder is just disrespectful IMO.

Okay, I can certainly see that. He should have actually smiled, said "excuse me." But since he is 17, I give him some leeway.

Don't see it like that. He said he was trying to diffuse a tense situation. In Native American style I guess, I don't know, but he thought he was a calming factor. I have no reason not to believe him.

Now this I don't buy. If the guy was 3' away, and looking around at several kids, while banging the drum some distance from them, sure. But getting right into somebody's personal space and banging a drum IN HIS FACE for quite a bit of time is not a legitimate way to de-escalate.

You and I have never met (obviously). If the first time I ever saw you, I walked to within 6" of you, and put my hands right up to your face, I am guessing you would be uncomfortable with that and probably tell me to back off.

That is basically what the guy did. He then lied about what happened, claiming he tried to back away and they blocked him. False. Since his actions are just not consistent with trying to "de-escalate" the situation, since he approached the kid and not vice-versa, and since he flat-out lied about the events, and since he is the adult here, I think he bears 90% of the blame for what happened.

Again, I don't give the 17-year old a free pass. But the degree of outrage directed at him is just insane, compared to the obviously boorish behavior by supposed "adults."

Okay, I can certainly see that. He should have actually smiled, said "excuse me." But since he is 17, I give him some leeway.

Now this I don't buy. If the guy was 3' away, and looking around at several kids, while banging the drum some distance from them, sure. But getting right into somebody's personal space and banging a drum IN HIS FACE for quite a bit of time is not a legitimate way to de-escalate.

You and I have never met (obviously). If the first time I ever saw you, I walked to within 6" of you, and put my hands right up to your face, I am guessing you would be uncomfortable with that and probably tell me to back off.

That is basically what the guy did. He then lied about what happened, claiming he tried to back away and they blocked him. False. Since his actions are just not consistent with trying to "de-escalate" the situation, since he approached the kid and not vice-versa, and since he flat-out lied about the events, and since he is the adult here, I think he bears 90% of the blame for what happened.

Again, I don't give the 17-year old a free pass. But the degree of outrage directed at him is just insane, compared to the obviously boorish behavior by supposed "adults."

Libtards believe that people with other opinions must be shouted down and silenced.

Like I said before, sue the ******* **** out of them all!

hahahahaha

Lawyer representing Covington kids gives fake news journos 48 hours to retract before getting sued

A Los Angeles-based attorney who stepped up to offer his legal services for free to Covington Catholic High students he says were slandered by journalists and entertainers have been given 48 hours to retract their comments or face lawsuits.

“Everybody now is on 48-hour notice so by Friday, everybody needs to retract and correct any false statements they have issued about these kids,” lawyer Robert Barnes told on Fox News’ “Fox & Friends.”

“That includes any major member of the media. That includes any major celebrity. That includes anybody with a substantial social media platform,” he noted further.

https://thenationalsentinel.com/201...os-48-hours-to-retract-before-lawsuits-begin/

50626183_601491866943664_277660113743904768_n.jpg

and now there's this...

Hebrew Israelites See Divine Intervention in Lincoln Memorial Confrontation

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/23/us/black-hebrew-israelites-covington-catholic.html

merlin_146795115_3e9f751c-12db-4394-9cb6-519235f9e628-jumbo.jpg

Members of the Hebrew Israelites demonstrating in Washington in November. The Hebrew Israelites do not have physical churches, with most of their work being done on streets.CreditCreditWin Mcnamee/Getty Images

By John Eligon

Jan. 23, 2019

They are sidewalk ministers who use confrontation as their gospel.

Hebrew Israelites practice a theology that says God’s chosen ones — black, Hispanic and Native American people — have strayed and need to be led back to righteousness.

So they post up on street corners in big cities, usually in predominantly black communities, wearing flashy garb — purple shirts or black robes, for instance. They shout, use blunt and sometimes offensive language, and gamely engage in arguments aimed at drawing listeners near.

The attention-grabbing tactics of five of their followers at the Lincoln Memorial on Friday resulted in spectacular consequences. The fringe theology landed in the national spotlight after a viral video surfaced of a group of black Hebrew Israelites profanely clashing with dozens of mostly white Catholic schoolboys wearing “Make America Great Again” caps. That video emerged only after shorter clips posted online showing a confrontation between the students and a Native American elder initially led to heavy criticism of the students.

For the Hebrew Israelites, it was a divine opportunity. Ordinarily, those approached by the group quickly rush by. Though they have been name-checked by Kendrick Lamar in a rap called “Yah,” they have also been denounced by others as a hate group. Provocation is their outreach method of choice. And provoke they did.

“Our God did that to expose what this country is coming to, to expose what we’ve been teaching,” said Shar Yaqataz Banyamyan, one of the men involved in the dispute with the boys.

Dating back more than a century, the theology is difficult to define today because the movement is split into dozens of semiautonomous groups. In general, adherents contend that race does not exist, and so they eschew being referred to as black or categorizing anyone else by race. They group people instead based on what they call nations, believing that there are 12 tribes among God’s chosen people. White people are not among those tribes, they believe, and will therefore be servants when Christ returns to Earth.

The Hebrew Israelites do not have physical churches, with most of their work being done on streets. But the internet is also an integral part of their efforts, and they regularly post their street sermons on YouTube.

If their interaction with the Catholic students seemed like an expression of bigotry toward white people, some of their most vile language is reserved for black people in the communities where they preach.

That, in part, is because they are trying to get through to them, Mr. Banyamyan said. He described it like tough love — calling out black people to try to get them to turn their lives around. “Spare nobody’s feelings,” is a biblical passage he falls back on.

“We use certain tactics,” he said, adding that if you confront passers-by softly, “they don’t respect you.”

Whatever tensions are sparked by Hebrew Israelite teaching, some adherents chalk that up to people being unwilling to accept uncomfortable doctrine.

“A lot of the truths of the Bible, it can be a bit much for people to take,” said Ash Yasharahla, who lives in New York and belongs to a congregation of Hebrew Israelites known as I Am Israel (No Division).

He said he hoped that viewing the full sequence of what transpired at the Lincoln Memorial would be enough to win over supporters.

“It’ll get to them,” he said. “It’ll permeate their minds. As long as the full message is up there, it’s a great thing.”

But what Mr. Yasharahla might view as great, others call something else: hate.

The Southern Poverty Law Center, which tracks extremist groups, categorized at least 80 groups nationwide that follow Hebrew Israelite theology as hate groups. They account for about a third of the organizations that the center considered black nationalist groups in 2017.

The number of black nationalist groups has been increasing in response to President Trump, said Heidi Beirich, who oversees the center’s tracking of hate groups. These groups are able to use things like the president’s disparaging remarks about predominantly black countries and his abandonment of civil rights reforms to recruit new members, she said. They argue that the best response to the evils of government is to separate and form their own institutions, Ms. Beirich said.

That is not necessarily a radical idea for many black people. But Ms. Beirich said that groups like Hebrew Israelites were also anti-gay, anti-white and anti-Semitic. They believe that they are the actual descendants of Israelites in the Bible, not white Jews.

“These are really fringe movements, and they’re also very different than white nationalist groups that have access to power,” Ms. Beirich said. “This kind of thinking arose in reaction to white supremacy and the abuse and exploitation of black people.”

Even though their style might be intimidating, Ms. Beirich said that Hebrew Israelites did not have a history of violence.

Nick Sandmann, one of the Catholic school students at the center of the controversy, told NBC that he felt threatened by the Hebrew Israelites. “They were a group of adults, and I wasn’t sure what was going to happen next,” he said in an interview broadcast on Wednesday.

To many black people, Hebrew Israelites are a harmless part of their communities, said Todd Boyd, a professor of race and pop culture at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles, one of many cities where the group can be seen working the streets. More alarming to many African Americans, he said, is “seeing a white guy in a ‘Make America Great Again’ hat.”

Emily S. Rueb and Matthew Haag contributed reporting.
A version of this article appears in print on Jan. 24, 2019, on Page A16 of the New York edition with the headline: Hebrew Israelites See Divine Opportunity in Lincoln Memorial Confrontation.

51040488_2101745099863858_3531028489626976256_o.jpg

More and more comes out about Tibsung47's new hero - the Vietnam vet himself, the spokesperson for the National Dental Association, the American Patriot, the Peacemaker, the Elder, the Leader of America's youth, Skrillex's rap video actor, the Cop-loving Nathan "In Your Face" Phillips.

He was on NBC this morning saying "he still has forgiveness in his heart." I about choked on my coffee. Forgiveness for his victims subject to his assery?

Now it's been learned that after confronting students intentionally on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, his caravan of instigators headed over to the DC Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, a famous Catholic church here in DC.

Nathan and his Leftist backers are intentionally targeting Christianity. The Left hates Christians.

Nathan Phillips reportedly tried to disrupt National Shrine Mass after Covington Catholic incident

The day after a Lincoln Memorial confrontation with some Catholic schoolboys that went viral, American Indian activist Nathan Phillips and his drum-and-chant group reportedly tried to disrupt a Catholic Mass in Northeast Washington.

The Catholic News Agency reported Tuesday, citing unnamed sources, that the group of about 20 activists sought to enter the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception on Saturday during its 5:15 p.m. Vigil Mass.

“It was really upsetting,” a shrine security guard on duty during the Mass told CNA. “There were about twenty people trying to get in, we had to lock the doors and everything.”

Mr. Phillips said he was trying to play peacemaker Friday by getting between the schoolboys and a racist black sect that was jeering them as they waited for their bus. Nick Sandmann, whose image became the face of the furor, said he was confused by Mr. Phillips getting inches from his face, yelling and banging on a drum, and was just smiling and not reacting to defuse the situation. But on Saturday, Mr. Phillips was at the Basilica to protest the church and blame it for the boys’ behavior.

CBC’s video footage has one person saying the rally holds the Catholic Church “accountable” for the Covington boys and the “colonial violence that the Catholic Church reproduces every day.”

AP_844998933633_c0-262-5472-3452_s885x516.jpg

Last edited:
this country needs an AOC/Phillips POTUS ticket

Now that the media's been proven 100% wrong on what actually happened, there are 20 stories per minute about this kid's "smirk". As if it was some kind of intentional face of disrespect he was making.

He was smiling. He admits he was smiling, and he explained why...he wanted the person who was in his face to know he wasn't going to be baited into violence or negativity or be intimidated. That is perfectly ok and not disrespectful at all. The kid can't help the way his face looks.

Let's face it, his biggest sin in the eyes of the media is the hat he's wearing. If he was black and wearing an Obama t-shirt they'd all be praising his courage and bravery and the welcoming smile he had on his face towards the Native American.

Well actually they wouldn't because this wouldn't be a story at all. The media has no such obsession with uncovering "Democrats behaving badly".

More and more comes out about Tibsung47's new hero - the Vietnam vet himself, the spokesperson for the National Dental Association, the American Patriot, the Peacemaker, the Elder, the Leader of America's youth, Skrillex's rap video actor, the Cop-loving Nathan "In Your Face" Phillips.

He was on NBC this morning saying "he still has forgiveness in his heart." I about choked on my coffee. Forgiveness for his victims subject to his assery?

Now it's been learned that after confronting students intentionally on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, his caravan of instigators headed over to the DC Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, a famous Catholic church here in DC.

Nathan and his Leftist backers are intentionally targeting Christianity. The Left hates Christians.

Nathan Phillips reportedly tried to disrupt National Shrine Mass after Covington Catholic incident

The day after a Lincoln Memorial confrontation with some Catholic schoolboys that went viral, American Indian activist Nathan Phillips and his drum-and-chant group reportedly tried to disrupt a Catholic Mass in Northeast Washington.

The Catholic News Agency reported Tuesday, citing unnamed sources, that the group of about 20 activists sought to enter the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception on Saturday during its 5:15 p.m. Vigil Mass.

“It was really upsetting,” a shrine security guard on duty during the Mass told CNA. “There were about twenty people trying to get in, we had to lock the doors and everything.”

Mr. Phillips said he was trying to play peacemaker Friday by getting between the schoolboys and a racist black sect that was jeering them as they waited for their bus. Nick Sandmann, whose image became the face of the furor, said he was confused by Mr. Phillips getting inches from his face, yelling and banging on a drum, and was just smiling and not reacting to defuse the situation. But on Saturday, Mr. Phillips was at the Basilica to protest the church and blame it for the boys’ behavior.

CBC’s video footage has one person saying the rally holds the Catholic Church “accountable” for the Covington boys and the “colonial violence that the Catholic Church reproduces every day.”

AP_844998933633_c0-262-5472-3452_s885x516.jpg

Can't let his 15 minutes of fame go to waste. Maybe he can get a priest to smile at him or something and the world can really go crazy.

I think it's time to start a list of lies that Nathan The Tooth Fairy Phillips has told. You know, before he's labeled an AMERICAN PATRIOT here again.

Remember, four years ago he made the same claim about college students after confronting them. So...the next time this ******* gets in someone's face, the world knows what's up. His days are numbered since he's now been exposed.

usa-nativeamerican_nathan-phillips.jpg

Nathan Phillips marches with other protesters against the Dakota Access oil pipeline near Cannon Ball, North Dakota, Feb. 22, 2017.

FALSE: Claimed to be a Vietnam or "Vietnam Times" veteran.
FALSE: Claimed the students confronted, surrounded, and taunted him. Video proves this a lie.
FALSE: Claimed the students were “were in the process of attacking these four black individuals” (the Black Hebrew Israelites)
FALSE: Claimed the students were chanting "build that wall." Video proves this a lie.
FALSE: Claimed he was praying to pacify the situation; Video proves this a lie.
FALSE: Claimed the students were “looking for trouble, looking for something.” Video proves this a lie.
FALSE: Claimed the students weren't chanting. Video proves this a lie.
Phillips gave substantially different accounts of Saturday's events to the Washington Post and the Detroit Free Press.
Phillips gave a wild and rambling interview with CNN full of inconsistencies and lies, including his statements about his Vietnam or Vietnam Times service

Matt Walsh is one of my favorite writers:

Phillips inserted himself into a tense situation where children were being taunted and mocked by grown men. Phillips, rather than coming to the defense of the kids, instead invaded their space and began playing his drum in their faces. Immediately after the incident, in which he had involved himself by his own volition, he ran to the media and blatantly lied about the kids. He said that they surrounded him and wouldn't let him leave. Video evidence proves this to be a lie. He says they chanted "build that wall," which, again, video evidence contradicts. He tried to further provoke them and when he failed, he defamed them instead.

Truth.

While his lies result in death threats and bomb scares, and these kids now live in fear of physical reprisals, and their school can't even hold classes because of the hysteria he created, Phillips has only doubled and tripled down on his original slander. In various interviews (the man can't get enough of the spotlight), he has called the boys a "lynch mob" and "beasts" and "beastly" and "scary." He accused them of "looking for their pound of flesh." I remind you, these boys and their families are getting death threats. Nathan Phillips, the wise elder, just continues to pour gasoline on the fire.

Truth

And then the cherry on the sundae: Phillips says that the Black Israelites were "saying some harsh things but some of it was true." Which parts were true, Mr. Phillips? The parts where they called Native Americans "totem pole worshipers"? Or where they shouted "f*ggot"? Or where they called a black student at the school a "coon"? Or where they called the children "incest babies" and "future school shooters"? Nathan Phillips has taken the side of avowed racists who verbally assaulted a bunch of kids. Whatever credibility he had is now gone. Considering he had none at all, his credibility account has hit negative. He's racking up overdraft penalties as we speak.

The media has canonized some absurdly unworthy characters in the past. This may be the most glaring example yet. Nathan Phillips is no hero. He is a bully.

Last edited:
Another FAKE NEWS story blowing up in their faces

LOL

Journalist Fired After Wanting Covington Catholic Students And Their Parents 'To Die'

A journalist who contributed to Vulture has been fired from his main job at INE Entertainment after he publicly wished for the Covington Catholic students and their parents “to die.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/4248...-FdKgp-XJJaKW8xUlDKcTy3evZx515P5U84FbCn6sV8Bk

---------------------------

Make them all pay!

Sue the **** out of everyone! make those boys multi-millionaires!

hahahahahah

And all of this happened because.... FAKE NEWS

Sue every last one of them!

Covington Catholic lawyer adds Rep. Ilhan Omar to ‘libel,’ ‘get sued’ list

Rep. Ilhan Omar is the latest public figure to catch the attention of the attorney for the Covington Catholic students, Robert Barnes, who is threatening to sue just about anyone who he thinks spread “libel” against his clients.

“This is libel. Retract, or get sued”

repomarssdminnilhanomar.jpg

“The boys were protesting a woman’s right to choose & yelled ‘it’s not rape if you enjoy it,’” Omar tweeted Tuesday night, before deleting the tweet Wednesday morning. She also erroneously wrote that the students “were taunting 5 Black men before they surrounded Phillips and led racist chants.”

http://www.rollcall.com/news/congre...awyer-adds-rep-ilhan-omar-libel-get-sued-list

Oh, You Suck: WaPo Eats It Over Their Nathan Phillips Vietnam War Veteran Story

This is becoming embarrassing. First, the liberal media had a banner week last week peddling two fake news stories.

One story came from BuzzFeed, which alleged that President Donald Trump directed his ex-personal lawyer Michael Cohen to lie about a real estate deal in Russia. The Mueller investigation refuted that claim.

Then, we have this Covington Catholic High School students wearing MAGA hats hounded a Native American story, which was refuted by video evidence. The students weren’t chanting, “build the wall” either. They were doing sports chants to drown out the obscenities hurled at them by a bunch of Black Hebrew Israelites. Nathan Phillips, the Native American man in the video, was the one who approached the group of teens. It’s a rather innocuous story, but the media saw MAGA gear and went insane. White, Catholic, and pro-Trump—these kids have to be destroyed. To grease up the outrage machine, Phillips’ military record was brought up, but there appears to be an issue with his service timeline.

There is no doubt he is a veteran but was he in Vietnam? No, no he wasn’t. He uses the vague “Vietnam times” veteran, which is just ridiculous. He was stateside during his time in the Marine Corps, never rising above the rank of private in that timespan. The Washington Post tried to run interference on this part of the story, reporting that a group representing Phillips said there is no evidence that he said he was a Vietnam War veteran. The Lakota People’s Law Project, who represent Phillips, added that they mistakenly said that he was in a press release

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattv...n-phillips-vietnam-war-veteran-story-n2539993

-------------------------

FAKE NEWS!

FAKE NEWS!

wait, where did this BLOCKBUSTER BOMBSHELL news story go?

I can't find it reported anywhere on the MSM

That was my line. Thief.

All due respect, but the line "you're going straight to hell" used in this type of context has been around a long long time before my daddy shot his baby batter :dance::dance::dance:

Let's face it, his biggest sin in the eyes of the media is the hat he's wearing. If he was black and wearing an Obama t-shirt they'd all be praising his courage and bravery and the welcoming smile he had on his face towards the Native American.

Well actually they wouldn't because this wouldn't be a story at all. The media has no such obsession with uncovering "Democrats behaving badly".

Case closed. He's just an extension of one Donald Trump.

Joy Behar, as much as I can't stand her, finally uttered out truth that maybe others should take note of: "Media jumped gun on Covington video because ‘we’re desperate to get Trump out of office’". That's it a nutshell. Thanks for your honesty. Other liberals take note.