• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Hypocrisy of Hollywood

I think the judge that's resigning in Washington state is a republican (if we are keeping tabs).

I think the judge that's resigning in Washington state is a republican (if we are keeping tabs).

We'll add him to the list.

Liberals 97, Conservatives 5, Undecided 4...or something like that.

ha ha

ha ha ha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Doug Jones: Congress Should Move On From Trump Sexual Misconduct Allegations

Earlier this month, Jones called on Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) to resign over mounting groping allegations against him. Franken announced he would be stepping aside

“Well, again, I go back to the fact that those allegations were made and he was elected president of the United States,” Jones said. “At this point, we need to move on and try to work with some real issues that are facing the country and not worry about getting at odds with the president any more than we have to.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...ump-resign-sexual_us_5a3688f4e4b01d429cc9b445

Watched a Forensic Files last night in which a husband and wife team came up with a plot to extort money. She was in the navy, and she went on video and accused 5 of her coworkers of sexual assault (bogus charges). The woman invited one of the men she was going to accuse over (he didn't know he was going to be accused) for rough sex, so when she went to the doctor right after, she would have ligature marks and his DNA in her to accuse him of rape. The husband wanted to get millions of dollars, so he came up with the plan to sue the navy.

It never went forward because the husband got greedy and killed his wife and the other guy (missed the reason why). But if it HAD gone forward, can you imagine the fallout from it? 5 men who would have had their lives ruined over false accusations.

Watched a Forensic Files last night in which a husband and wife team came up with a plot to extort money. She was in the navy, and she went on video and accused 5 of her coworkers of sexual assault (bogus charges). The woman invited one of the men she was going to accuse over (he didn't know he was going to be accused) for rough sex, so when she went to the doctor right after, she would have ligature marks and his DNA in her to accuse him of rape. The husband wanted to get millions of dollars, so he came up with the plan to sue the navy.

It never went forward because the husband got greedy and killed his wife and the other guy (missed the reason why). But if it HAD gone forward, can you imagine the fallout from it? 5 men who would have had their lives ruined over false accusations.

I must have missed that episode. I've watched damn near every single one. It's a really really messed up world. So much pure evil is going on each day it's mind blowing. It all boils down to sex,money or drugs for most of people.And those who just like to kill for the thrill.

Over protect your kids and be careful who you trust.

I must have missed that episode. I've watched damn near every single one. It's a really really messed up world. So much pure evil is going on each day it's mind blowing. It all boils down to sex,money or drugs for most of people.And those who just like to kill for the thrill.

Over protect your kids and be careful who you trust.

I LOVE that show. I've seen every episode, I think. I had seen this one a while ago, but it was on again so I watched. It really is a ****** up world we are in. People think they are untouchable and can do whatever the hell they want to "just because." UGH.

Tim's 100% right about the false accusations. True story:

Place I used to work at had a Subway inside. The old cafeteria closed, and a Subway franchise opened. One day, this guy went to the Subway to get a sandwich. The Subway employee wasnt behind the counter. The guy's co-worker was sitting near the counter. While the two worked in the same department, they never collaborated on any project. In fact, they never spoke to one another with the exception of the cordial greetings of "hello" when passing in the halls.

Well, the guy was peeking around the corner of the Subway to find the employee. He jokingly suggested that his co-worker make him a sandwich. She chuckled and said that the Subway employee should be right back, that the employee was there just before the guy showed up.

Next day, the guy comes to work and is summoned to HR.

HR told the guy he was being investigated for sexual harrassment. The guy explained precisely what happened to HR. The HR rep admitted that it was an odd situation, and could see that the "make me a sandwich" comment was taken the wrong way. Still, HR said their "hands were tied"

Three day suspension - without pay - for sexual harrassment.

JUo3da4.jpg

Lyn, that story reminded me of my job. In my school job, I have ex husbands and ex wives call me and "report" that their ex is abusing their children ALL THE TIME. Whether it's verbal abuse, physical abuse, or sexual abuse, they call the school and make the accusation. If it seems at all credible we are mandated to make a call to CPS to report it but we will always talk to the kid first. The response I normally get from the kid when I detail the abuse accusation is a really confused look and something like "WHAT???" Then they usually explain that the parent calling is a complete nut which is why they chose to get away from them.

It almost always turns out that the reporting person is pissed off that the kid chose to live with the other parent in the custody hearing and they want to get the other parent in trouble with the law as revenge. I've gotten smarter about it over the years. Now when I get those calls and my bullshit meter goes off I tell them that I need to prepare a report so that I can call CPS to start a formal investigation. I ask them to call me back in 10 or 15 minutes and then I will take their full account on record. Guess what? They never, ever call back.

Last edited:
Lyn, that story reminded me of my job. In my school job, I have ex husbands and ex wives call me and "report" that their ex is abusing their children ALL THE TIME. Whether it's verbal abuse, physical abuse, or sexual abuse, they call the school and make the accusation. If it seems at all credible we are mandated to make a call to CPS to report it but we will always talk to the kid first. The response I normally get from the kid when I detail the abuse accusation is a really confused look and something like "WHAT???" Then they usually explain that the parent calling is a complete nut which is why they chose to get away from them.

It almost always turns out that the reporting person is pissed off that the kid chose to live with the other parent in the custody hearing and they want to get the other parent in trouble with the law as revenge. I've gotten smarter about it over the years. Now when I get those calls and my bullshit meter goes off I tell them that I need to prepare a report so that I can call CPS to start a formal investigation. I ask them to call me back in 10 or 15 minutes and then I will take their full account on record. Guess what? They never, ever call back.

We had a kiddo last year who was reported to CPS for abuse. WE reported him. He was blind and nonverbal, so he had no voice. He would come to school smelling of cat pee, have feces on his clothes, scabs on his body.....OBVIOUS signs of neglect/abuse. The parents were divorced, and each parents of course blamed the other when they would get a call/visit. We kept reporting each issue we saw. By the end of the year, he had turned 18 and was no longer under the CPS. We were told HE would have to make the reports himself now since he was no longer a minor and his parents never got him an adovcate. A blind, non verbal kiddo. Yeah. So I hate dealing with CPS, even though WE could lose our jobs if we don't make mandatory reports.

We had a kiddo last year who was reported to CPS for abuse. WE reported him. He was blind and nonverbal, so he had no voice. He would come to school smelling of cat pee, have feces on his clothes, scabs on his body.....OBVIOUS signs of neglect/abuse. The parents were divorced, and each parents of course blamed the other when they would get a call/visit. We kept reporting each issue we saw. By the end of the year, he had turned 18 and was no longer under the CPS. We were told HE would have to make the reports himself now since he was no longer a minor and his parents never got him an adovcate. A blind, non verbal kiddo. Yeah. So I hate dealing with CPS, even though WE could lose our jobs if we don't make mandatory reports.

Yeah they are frustrating. When we make a credible report, I estimate that 80% of the time, the person taking the call says, "Ok we will log that you called but most likely no investigation will come of this." Sometimes it seems like people have to be killing the kid to get the investigation going. And forget about it if you are calling to report that both parents are heavy drug addicts. The pills / heroin epidemic is so bad here, they don't even bother with that any more. Most times the cops don't either. Sometimes it seems like half the kids' in the building have parents that are heroin addicts. I'm sure it's not actually that many, but it's a hell of a lot.

Last edited:
Yeah they are frustrating. When we make a credible report, I estimate that 80% of the time, the person taking the call says, "Ok we will log that you called but most likely no investigation will come of this." Sometimes it seems like people have to be killing the kid to get the investigation going. And forget about it if you are calling to report that both parents are heavy drug addicts. The pills / heroin epidemic is so bad here, they don't even bother with that any more. Most times the cops don't either. Sometimes it seems like half the kids' in the building have parents that are heroin addicts. I'm sure it's not actually that many, but it's a hell of a lot.

It is frustrating. I hate dealing with beauracracies!!!!!

Back on subject though. Did anyone see the interview with 3 of Dustin Hoffman's accusers? I did. And while what Hoffman did was icky, the women went up there willingly. One even said she did it so she could get a better role in Hoffman's play. They KNEW what they were doing!!!! Please quit playing victim 37 years later.

Tim's 100% right about the false accusations. True story:

Place I used to work at had a Subway inside. The old cafeteria closed, and a Subway franchise opened. One day, this guy went to the Subway to get a sandwich. The Subway employee wasnt behind the counter. The guy's co-worker was sitting near the counter. While the two worked in the same department, they never collaborated on any project. In fact, they never spoke to one another with the exception of the cordial greetings of "hello" when passing in the halls.

Well, the guy was peeking around the corner of the Subway to find the employee. He jokingly suggested that his co-worker make him a sandwich. She chuckled and said that the Subway employee should be right back, that the employee was there just before the guy showed up.

Next day, the guy comes to work and is summoned to HR.

HR told the guy he was being investigated for sexual harrassment. The guy explained precisely what happened to HR. The HR rep admitted that it was an odd situation, and could see that the "make me a sandwich" comment was taken the wrong way. Still, HR said their "hands were tied"

Three day suspension - without pay - for sexual harrassment.

Reminds me when I worked at AGH. A lot of us wore scrubs for our jobs. Lady comes back into the department from the cafeteria with a banana in her shirt pocket. Another guy in the department, who admittedly was a smart-*** and not real likable, says "Is that a banana in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" Three day suspension without pay. And this was over 20 years ago.

Was listening to Hannity on the way to work yesterday. I missed the guests (women talking about the misconduct scandals), but the listeners were going nuts! Most of what I heard was women about my age, maybe older, calling in saying this whole #metoo thing diminishes the REAL victims and makes it harder to discern what true assault is.That women weren't offended by actions 40 years ago but suddenly are now, and that now, EVERYTHING is a man's fault. Women won't take repsonsibilty for their poor choices and want to blame men. That's pretty much my personal experience as well. Talking to coworkers my age and older, we all feel the same way. Talking to the younger ones and millenials, it's a completly different take. The millenials think that women are perpetual victims and that men shouldn't be allowed to make any kind of offensive comment whatsoever. When you ask them if a man complimenting a woman on her shoes is offensive, my generation says no. Ask a millenial, and they say yes.

Last edited:
Was listening to Hannity on the way to work yesterday. I missed the guests (women talking about the misconduct scandals), but the listeners were going nuts! Most of what I heard was women about my age, maybe older, calling in saying this whole #metoo thing diminishes the REAL victims and makes it harder to discern what true assault is.That women weren't offended by actions 40 years ago but suddenly are now, and that now, EVERYTHING is a man's fault. Women won't take repsonsibilty for their poor choices and want to blame men. That's pretty much my personal experience as well. Talking to coworkers my age and older, we all feel the same way. Talking to the younger ones and millenials, it's a completly different take. The millenials think that women are perpetual victims and that men shouldn't be allowed to make any kind of offensive comment whatsoever. When you ask them if a man complimenting a woman on her shoes is offensive, my generation says no. Ask a millenial, and they say yes.

That's the same thing I said when this first started picking up momentum. I feel sorry for women who will actually get harassed and abused in the workplace because nobody will give a **** before too long. When something becomes a movement there is over saturation and fatigue like anything else. Because it brings in people who are attention seekers who only want to be a part of something, so people who are sympathetic at first eventually start to burn out. Before too long the first thing anyone is going to think of when they hear harassment is going to be "He said I was pretty!" or "He brushed up against me while we were passing in the hallway" as opposed to legitimate sexual harassment. It is going to work against the very people it should benefit.

Last edited:
That's the same thing I said when this first started picking up momentum. I feel sorry for women who will actually get harassed and abused in the workplace because nobody will give a **** before too long. When something becomes a movement there is over saturation and fatigue like anything else. Because it brings in people who are attention seekers who only want to be a part of something, so people who are sympathetic at first eventually start to burn out. Before too long the first thing anyone is going to think of when they hear harassment is going to be "He said I was pretty!" or "He brushed up against me while we were passing in the hallway" as opposed to legitimate sexual harassment. It is going to work against the very people it should benefit.

And that's what I don't think the millenials or the attention ****** GET. But the movement will continue, men will continue to be villifed, and women won't take responsibility. What a GREAT way to bring attention.

I'm so glad I went thru my prime dating years back in the 80's.....my God, I would be half worried just asking a girl out would be considered sexual harassment or assault!

I'm sure this will leave our viewers in mouth-agape shock.

Ann Curry: Sexual harassment was ‘pervasive’ at NBC News

Ann Curry took only the most subtle shots at Matt Lauer in her first TV interview since leaving NBC News and “Today” when discussing the “pervasive” sexual harassment at the network.

“I’m trying to do no harm in these conversations. I can tell you that I am not surprised by the allegations,” Curry, 61, told “CBS This Morning” on Wednesday. “See, now I’m walking down that road — I’m trying not to hurt people. I know what it’s like to be publicly humiliated. I never did anything wrong to be publicly humiliated, and I don’t want to cause that kind of pain to somebody else,” she said, likely referencing when she was infamously and unceremoniously dismissed on air from the morning show in 2012 after just over a year, reportedly at the behest of Lauer, 60, and left NBC in 2015.

“But I can say, because you’re asking me a direct question, I would be surprised if many women did not understand that there was a climate of verbal harassment that existed,” she said. “I think it would be surprising if someone said they didn’t see that. Verbal sexual harassment was pervasive … It was, period.”

Lauer was fired from the network in November after multiple allegations of sexual misconduct.

When asked about the current “reckoning” of powerful men accused of sexual harassment and sexual misconduct, Curry was diplomatic.

“I think it’s in general overdue. We clearly are waking up to a reality, an injustice that has been occurring for some time, and I think it will continue to occur until the glass ceiling is finally broken,” she said.

“This is about power, a power imbalance where women are not valued as much as men. I’m not talking about people being attracted to other people. I’m talking about people in the workplace who are powerful who are abusing that power, and women and men are suffering,” she continued. “I think the fact that people are speaking out is important, and the fact that we are working against this imbalance of power is absolutely overdue.”

In terms of what happened behind the scenes during her experience at NBC and “Today,” Curry joked, “Don’t worry, I’m not gonna start crying.”

She explained, “I’m not the one to ask about that because I don’t know what was behind it. I do know that it hurt like hell. It wasn’t a fun moment. I’ve learned a great deal about myself. I’ve let it go. It’s been years, and I want to move on from that … I think that the real question in my view is, ‘What are we going to do with all this anger?'”

Tim,

Not sure you found this in the breitbart link about their "Media Awards" but this information about the "roast" for Matt Lauer back in 2008 is priceless....

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journa...ff-zucker-nbc-execs-roasted-ck-rock-lauer-08/

Holy ****. That is so damning.

**** like this pisses me off to no end. I'm tired - sick and tired of the self-righteous, sanctimonious, holier-than-thou elites preaching to American about morals and values and what's right/wrong when they live by a nefarious double standard and are often the worst perpetrators themselves.

It's people like Matt Lauer and those in the echo chamber around him and Harvey Weinstein that supported and propped up those idiots that drove a Donald Trump to office.

Americans are fed up and I'm loving this change.

The worst part is this is all over Hollywood and the left and yet these same people are the ones getting on TV and Twitter and trying to start movements that say that YOU are the problem. You, ******* sitting at home are the problem, not hollywood or liberals who actually did this ****.

You, if you voted Trump, are hurting women because as we all know, Trump has started rounding up women into camps, or something.