• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The New Hampshire Primary

Spike

Reaction score
It's on.

Voters may or may not choose to affiliate with a political party, undeclared voters can vote for either party.

Trump and Bernie are way ahead in all polls. Drop out time for some GOP governors?

This just in...

Michael Bloomberg Confirms He Is Weighing an Independent Run for President

Michael Bloomberg, the billionaire former mayor of New York City, confirmed on Monday that he is actively considering running for president as an independent.

In a dramatic interview, the 73-year-old said he was 'looking at all the options' and expressed disgust at the current state of the White House race.

Bloomberg would be the richest candidate in American political history with a fortune of $36 billion, dwarfing the resources of Republican Donald Trump and enabling him to self-fund a campaign many times over.

Donald Trump has said he'd welcome Bloomberg to the race.

But it's likely that Bloomberg's liberal politics on guns and other issues would make him more dangerous to a Democratic White House nominee

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...ighing-an-independent-run-for-president/?_r=0

Donald Trump or Bernie Sanders? Some voters can't decide

Manchester, New Hampshire (CNN)—Bernie Sanders isn't only competing for supporters with Hillary Clinton in the heated final days of the New Hampshire presidential primary race. His campaign is also going after some voters weighing a candidate not even running for the Democratic nomination: Donald Trump.

Because independents can register as "undeclared" in New Hampshire and then vote in either party's primary, the Vermont senator's campaign has noted some of these voters are wavering between Sanders and Trump.

Sanders' team has even prepared a script as part of their literature for volunteers who encounter voters who say both Trump and Sanders' "outsider" status appeals to them.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/08/politics/new-hampshire-primary-independent-voters/

Michael Bloomberg Confirms He Is Weighing an Independent Run for President

tDCAsdU.jpg

At least the Trumps eat real food

They do have that werewolf clan look in their eyes though

CavwuuFWAAAOBbk.jpg

It's only one state and a small one at that. I don't see what the big deal is.

They try to make it a big deal to get people to watch the coverage and the applicable commercials to earn revenue.

I think Bloomberg will get in, not necessarily to win, but to get his message across.

It's only one state and a small one at that. I don't see what the big deal is.

WHAT?

so you think only the 'big' states like California should get to vote?

How Democrat of you.

WHAT?

so you think only the 'big' states like California should get to vote?

How Democrat of you.

Just saying, they should wait until 20 or so states vote to call it. A small sample size does not usually give an accurate representation. Our resident statistician ark will tell you that.

Nobody is calling anything - long way to go. - that's why they call it a race.

FL's primary isn't until March 15

I'm in a small state. My vote for president doesn't really mean ****.

My power is in my vote for our senators.

They should have regional primaries. A group of 8-10 states in one region all have their primary on the same day. Do a regional primary every couple of weeks.

They should have regional primaries. A group of 8-10 states in one region all have their primary on the same day. Do a regional primary every couple of weeks.

I agree. This process takes way too long. They spend a year battling each other and only a couple of months against the nominee from the other party. I want 6 months of Trump just brutally thrashing Hillary.

I'm in a politically idiotic state. They've voted Jesse Ventrua as Gov and Al Franken to the Senate.

My logical vote seems, wasted....

Doesn't it count more than it would without the electoral college?

Last edited:

My power is in my vote for our senators.

I'm in a big state but my vote doesn't mean anything either. Our primary is so late that the race is over by the time we get to vote.

and teams should play 3 football games a weekend - the season is too long - get it all over with in a month

then one week of playoffs, **** ya, be done with it by the end of October so you can get back on Facebook where things are REAL important

******* Millennials

When it gets right down to it, this "Primary" season could very well be a waste of time for the GOP. There is no way in hell that they give the nod to Trump, even if he wins by 50%. The RNC will nominate "Their" guy anyway. Trump would have been much better off running as an "Independent" candidate.

When it gets right down to it, this "Primary" season could very well be a waste of time for the GOP. There is no way in hell that they give the nod to Trump, even if he wins by 50%. The RNC will nominate "Their" guy anyway. Trump would have been much better off running as an "Independent" candidate.

I think they will if Trump wins by a wide enough margin. If they don't then they risk losing the whole party. Problem is they want Jeb SO bad but he will never do better than fourth in a four man race.

What's Bernie's stance on guns?

Bloomberg wants to take guns away from young minorities to "keep them alive"

"Bloomberg claimed that 95 percent of murders fall into a specific category: male, minority and between the ages of 15 and 25. Cities need to get guns out of this group’s hands and keep them alive", he said.

“These kids think they’re going to get killed anyway because all their friends are getting killed,” Bloomberg said. “They just don’t have any long-term focus or anything. It’s a joke to have a gun. It’s a joke to pull a trigger.”

At one point, the former mayor brought up New York City’s stop-and-frisk practices, which gained national attention in 2011. Bloomberg said that during his last year in office, a minister at a Baptist church in Harlem invited him to speak.

“While I’m sitting there waiting for him to introduce me, he said to his congregation, ‘You know, if every one of you stopped and frisked your kid before they went out at night, the mayor wouldn’t have to do it,’” Bloomberg said.

http://www.aspentimes.com/news/1495...-calls-colorados-decision-on-legal-pot-stupid

What's Bernie's stance on guns?

"Bloomberg claimed that 95 percent of murders fall into a specific category: male, minority and between the ages of 15 and 25. Cities need to get guns out of this group’s hands and keep them alive", he said.

Umm, yeah. Good luck with that.

Give that Jim Crow guy a call, he''ll save them!

I think we should be giving them Guns, ala Barry and his Muzzies.

What I think

Trump wins by 17%
Sanders wins by 12%

What I hope for.

Trump wins by 25%
Sanders wins by 45%

What I really hope for. Bloomberg enters the race.

There would be a ******* revolt at the convention if they did that. Would tear the party apart (if it's not already).

If they put Bush up there, I'm changing to an independent.