• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The NHL’s fight against racism

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
At the beginning of the Chicago-Edmonton game, Minnesota Wild defenseman Matt Dumba gave an anti-racism speech. He knelt for the US National Anthem, but stood for the Canadian Anthem. Mr. Dumba is Canadian. Curious he would stand for his own nation’s anthem but kneel for the US anthem when it isn’t even his country.

His actions lead me to surmise two things: he apparently believes that there is no racism or racists in Canada, and that the only racist people on earth are white Americans.

He is being praised universally as “brave.” I disagree. He took the easy way out and kicked a beaten dog while it was down. Brave would have been kneeling for his own anthem and seeing how that turns out. I’m betting he knows the answer to that, so he took the easy way out. Chicken ****.

So stunning and brave of him to do that.

Safe to say he wasn't part of this team:

Lol. The wild. Only time they get press is for this! Not only does this dude take a knee I’m sure he takes .........

Can you imagine Boston Bruins players right now? "I dunno how that guy could get any Dumba"

I'll see myself out.

Hockey seemingly is the only sport (at this point) I am interested in. Doesn’t seems filled with shove it down your throat PC bs

I think his actions of kneeling are stupid PC crap, and because of that, he can take the rest of his words and kiss my butt.

I am not wanting this pc crap.

He’ll be shipped back to a canuck team

I think his actions of kneeling are stupid PC crap, and because of that, he can take the rest of his words and kiss my butt.

I am not wanting this pc crap.

It’s on before the Pens game now.
Every facet of life at a consumer scale is impacted by PC culture.

I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if our government has been infiltrated

Two things:

1) On average, most Canadians will "out liberal" most Americans. Easily. Think of healthcare and defense spending.

2) No Canadians give a **** what any hockey player thinks about anyone or anything. Kids might idolize star players, but its about the hockey, not the media.

For example, in his hometown of Brantford, Wayne Gretzky's dad Walter is the hero. Its not even close. He is a revered member of the local community while Wayne left he was twelve. Wayne respects his dad, and is wise enough to stay gone, never, ever announcing visits home because that would take away from his dad's status. Class folks all around. No one gives a rats *** what their religion, politics, etc might be.

Ironically this thread is about a guy actually named Dumba. I'm not an attorney ( maybe Steeltime has met one good one), but when you hear that name, the next thought should be " the defence rests".

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Two things:

1) On average, most Canadians will "out liberal" most Americans. Easily. Think of healthcare and defense spending.

2) No Canadians give a **** what any hockey player thinks about anyone or anything. Kids might idolize star players, but its about the hockey, not the media.

For example, in his hometown of Brantford, Wayne Gretzky's dad Walter is the hero. Its not even close. He is a revered member of the local community while Wayne left he was twelve. Wayne respects his dad, and is wise enough to stay gone, never, ever announcing visits home because that would take away from his dad's status. Class folks all around. No one gives a rats *** what their religion, politics, etc might be.

Ironically this thread is about a guy actually named Dumba. I'm not an attorney ( maybe Steeltime has met one good one), but when you hear that name, the next thought should be " the defence rests".

Dumba will be better off playing in Canada. The media won’t hold him to the fire there.
Although there is a support for this type of stuff here in the US our media will plaster him.

But it is the nhl, it’s not a big time league compared to the nfl or nba

Two things:

While I think you're right in the sense that Canada is more liberal in the social/fiscal area, when it comes to victimhood, cancel culture and just being a woke social justice warrior, I think the left in America takes the cake. I could be wrong there, but if there's a place worse than here, may God help you.

What a concept. That's refreshing to hear.

They can stick this part up their ***. I flipped the ******* station until it was over. If the whole playoffs is going to be about this ****. I guess I'll be done with hockey too.

Play the ******* game. Is that too much to ask? Do all that bs on your own stage. This stage is for sports. That's why we ******* tune in.

I am recording the games and skipping over all the racist PC bullshit. If it continues the whole playoffs I won't be watching.

If the NHL doesn't mention it, they are lambasted. Cancel culture would eat them up if they went silent. They did their due diligence and catered to any potential backlash.

I am certain that the majority of the black players in the NHL have come across a lot of racism playing a Canadian, "white" sport. I can see how this is important for the NHL to be proactive.

Thinking that we all need to get used to it, and either ignore the lecture or tune the games out completely, this isn't going away.

The only reason this has gained traction is because the left controls the media, and I don't see that changing.

I don't understand how people are so triggered by this. I hate the PC stuff and think that it does not help in any way. However it is easily mutable or just background noise till the game starts.

I don't understand how people are so triggered by this. I hate the PC stuff and think that it does not help in any way. However it is easily mutable or just background noise till the game starts.

It didn't bother me because they played the video, as expected, played the anthems and dropped the puck. I'm fine with that. The NHL was going to address the elephant in the world today. They had to. As much as many don't approve, it is what it is and I don't think it took away from the game last night.

Reactions: MTC
None of it bothers me aside from a Canadian kneeling for the US national Anthem but not his own. It is hypocritical and weak. Guy is a chicken ****. Plain and simple.

I don't understand how people are so triggered by this..

I can only assume it's because you agree with the message. What you need to attempt to understand is that many people do find it offensive.

It disrespects the sacrifices that were made to give everyone living in this country the life they now enjoy. Please don't tell me that's not what they are doing, because in my eyes that is exactly what is happening. And what's worse, it's nothing but virtue signaling, get off your ***, or in this case knees, and do something constructive to improve the perceived problem, otherwise it's just a look at me moment. Oh, look, I care!

I can only assume it's because you agree with the message. What you need to attempt to understand is that many people do find it offensive.

It disrespects the sacrifices that were made to give everyone living in this country the life they now enjoy. Please don't tell me that's not what they are doing, because in my eyes that is exactly what is happening. And what's worse, it's nothing but virtue signaling, get off your ***, or in this case knees, and do something constructive to improve the perceived problem, otherwise it's just a look at me moment. Oh, look, I care!
Its just virtue signaling on live tv.

Media ****** should not be given their 15 seconds of fame, like Dumba-ss.

No i dont agree with it at all and I find it disrespectful. It also takes away from their "message" due to the division it creates. However regardless of how you feel it still is their right. If people complain about gun legislation and having to wear a mask due to rights infringements then you cant really complain about people exercising their first amendment right to protest.

It bothers people because they view professional sports as entertainment, and an oasis away from politics. As soon as it becomes a vehicle for political messages, it no longer serves it's purpose.
I am hoping that this was a one and done deal. I would like to think the NHL knows where it's bread is buttered.

No i dont agree with it at all and I find it disrespectful. It also takes away from their "message" due to the division it creates. However regardless of how you feel it still is their right. If people complain about gun legislation and having to wear a mask due to rights infringements then you cant really complain about people exercising their first amendment right to protest.

It's disrespectful to the country they are playing in. These sports morons are paid millions to play a child's game. If they weren't trying to disrespect the country and the flag then they wouldn't do it during the NA. They won't kneel when they are playing the child's game. They don't want to disrespect the game or cause their team to lose. But they are fine with supporting an organization that has killed several people, has been organized by Marxists, and destroyed the very communities they claim to love. It's disgusting.