• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The NHL’s fight against racism

It didn't bother me because they played the video, as expected, played the anthems and dropped the puck. I'm fine with that. The NHL was going to address the elephant in the world today. They had to. As much as many don't approve, it is what it is and I don't think it took away from the game last night.

It’s a damned if you do, damned if you don’t scenario.
Cancel culture goes both ways.

On one side you have the marxist driven pc crowd which has suckered in American society.
So if the nhl didn’t at least to attempt to show some type of reaction they lose their casual fan.

On the other side you have the actual fanbase who just want to escape all the BS. However they get turned away by being lectured.

At this rate we just need to realize our society is infiltrated by marxist wankers, who have seemed to influence most consumer based material in the US. Everything from pro sports, fast food, retail shopping etc is infiltrated.

It sucks but losing both sides can hurt these companies financially so they have no choice but to try to appeal to both

Here on this site we have separated sports and politics. What sports is doing now is stuffing it down our throat whether we like it or not.

So be it. If you're going to hitch your wagon to marxists. I'll hitch mine someplace else.
It's not a difficult decision.

However regardless of how you feel it still is their right. If people complain about gun legislation and having to wear a mask due to rights infringements then you cant really complain about people exercising their first amendment right to protest.

And it's my right (along with others who feel the same) to call this bullshit what it really is; politically correct virtue signaling. And we don't have to like it, express that we don't, and boycott it if we so choose -- because that's our ******* right. Like S4E said, sports are our place to get away from all the politics/activism/causes. That's why they're separated here and every other message board, and when people speak of politics in football forums, it's usually a big no-no. Let's say your favorite television show/series to watch is Game of Thrones. Let's also say that before every episode, there's a 2-minute PSA on LGBTQ+ rights with people holding Pride flags and telling you about the rights of their community. You don't think you'd have a problem with that? That's still their right, right?

If these multimillionaire athletes really gave a damn about causes such as this, they'd be donating their money and time to the communities/organizations that need the help. I have yet to hear a peep about that. Put your ******* money where your mouth is, and do it on your own time.

Last edited:
And it's my right (along with others who feel the same) to call this bullshit what it really is; politically correct virtue signaling. And we don't have to like it, express that we don't, and boycott it if we so choose -- because that's our ******* right. Like S4E said, sports are our place to get away from all the politics/activism/causes. That's why they're separated here and every other message board, and when people speak of politics in football forums, it's usually a big no-no. Let's say your favorite television show/series to watch is Game of Thrones. Let's also say that before every episode, there's a 2-minute PSA on LGBTQ+ rights with people holding Pride flags and telling you about the rights of their community. You don't think you'd have a problem with that? That's still their right, right?

If these multimillionaire athletes really gave a damn about causes such as this, they'd be donating their money and time to the communities/organizations that need the help. I have yet to hear a peep about that. Put your ******* money where your mouth is, and do it on your own time.

I agree. It’s about time we put the football forum and this one, into one place.

No i dont agree with it at all and I find it disrespectful. It also takes away from their "message" due to the division it creates. However regardless of how you feel it still is their right. If people complain about gun legislation and having to wear a mask due to rights infringements then you cant really complain about people exercising their first amendment right to protest.

Of course they have the right to do it, just as I have the right to disagree with them. It's a shallow gesture on their part, in my opinion, and if it were actually important to them they would be working relentlessly on their own time to improve the lives of those that they are only now posturing for.

Here on this site we have separated sports and politics. What sports is doing now is stuffing it down our throat whether we like it or not.

So be it. If you're going to hitch your wagon to marxists. I'll hitch mine someplace else.

No it’s not a difficult decision.

It’s being shoved in our face in every fabric of western society though.
Sadly a lot of our businesses will suffer from boycott sales. Sports included.

The liberal media has taken hold and is sadly running things.

It’s a damned if you do, damned if you don’t scenario.
Cancel culture goes both ways.

On one side you have the marxist driven pc crowd which has suckered in American society.
So if the nhl didn’t at least to attempt to show some type of reaction they lose their casual fan.

On the other side you have the actual fanbase who just want to escape all the BS. However they get turned away by being lectured.

At this rate we just need to realize our society is infiltrated by marxist wankers, who have seemed to influence most consumer based material in the US. Everything from pro sports, fast food, retail shopping etc is infiltrated.

It sucks but losing both sides can hurt these companies financially so they have no choice but to try to appeal to both

This only exists because the media chooses to promote it. It isn't news, it's an agenda.

Of course they have the right to do it, just as I have the right to disagree with them. It's a shallow gesture on their part, in my opinion, and if it were actually important to them they would be working relentlessly on their own time to improve the lives of those that they are only now posturing for.

Exactly they have the resources to go out and better the communities.

However something I realized with these corporations that get international exposure is they are damned do/don’t situation.
Sports is a unifier and fans are on both ends of political spectrum. Just the media has really divided this country, in result these corporations are expected to say something on the matter because of “cancel culture”.

Regardless of a corporations stance, they’ll lose fans any which way.

Hockey didn't have to do anything. If they did nothing then a bunch of people on twitter, who will never watch hockey anyway, would have said mean things for a day and then nothing. I doubt they would have lost a single fan for doing nothing. But if they embrace protests, they will lose some fans and with hockey being sort of a niche sport, they can't afford to lose any fans.

Hockey didn't have to do anything. If they did nothing then a bunch of people on twitter, who will never watch hockey anyway, would have said mean things for a day and then nothing. I doubt they would have lost a single fan for doing nothing. But if they embrace protests, they will lose some fans and with hockey being sort of a niche sport, they can't afford to lose any fans.

Yep siree, same thing that happened to the NBA and MLB

Ratings Crash for NBA, MLB After Protest-Filled Debuts

With both baseball and basketball draped in all sorts of Black Lives Matter and social justice symbolism for their opening games, a substantially smaller number of fans tuned-in to the rest of the week’s games.
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2020/08/02/ratings-crash-nba-mlb-after-protest-filled-debut/

d06bcb086d2fb9c2.jpg

In other news.....

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was hospitalized again and is receiving treatment for a recurring cancer. The left has absolutely no reason to worry about her health. No liberal doctor in good standing would pronounce Ginsburg dead until there's a Democratic president.

JJ Redick of the NBA said the other night that there is now no separation between politics and sports (meaning sports are now a Progressive political platform).

Forums do try to separate the two -- great observation.

However, I've been saying for years that we police each other as fans in a way that the aristocracy so to speak of the media and league do not.

When the NFL blackballed Rush Limbaugh and ESPN hired and fired him, there was no separation between sports and politics.

When Dan Rooney publicly endorsed Obama in a Battleground State and accepted an Ambassadorship to Ireland, there was no separation between sports and politics.

When Dan Rooney engineered the Rooney Rule, there was no separation.

We as fans are about 20 years behind realizing that there is no compartmentalization. Fans want/wanted there to be, but it hasn't been that way really since Al Campanis and Jimmy the Greek.

Last edited:
JJ Redick of the NBA said the other night that there is now no separation between politics and sports (meaning sports are now a Progressive political platform).

Forums do try to separate the two -- great observation.

However, I've been saying for years that we police each other as fans in a way that the aristocracy so to speak of the media and league do not.

When the NFL blackballed Rush Limbaugh and ESPN hired and fired him, there was no separation between sports and politics.

When Dan Rooney publicly endorsed Obama in a Battleground State and accepted and Ambassadorship to Ireland, there was no separation between sports and politics.

When Dan Rooney engineered the Rooney Rule, there was no separation.

We as fans are about 20 years behind realizing that there is no compartmentalization. Fans want/wanted there to be, but it hasn't been that way really since Al Campanis and Jimmy the Greek.

Jimmy punching smug-*** Brent Mussberger was awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

People really need to quit reacting to what Twitter says. It definitely does not represent the majority and as you said, involves people getting involved in business they otherwise wouldn't care about. The cancel culture on that platform is ridiculous.

Ot oh George Floyd video is out. And crickets...

Ot oh George Floyd video is out. And crickets...

That is the George Kirby video, according to Nancy Skeletor. And George Taylor, according to Schumer.
BLM. Names don't.

That is the George Kirby video, according to Nancy Skeletor. And George Taylor, according to Schumer.
BLM. Names don't.

Can you imagine if Trump said that? Floyd Taylor, er, I mean George Taylor. Schumer ****** it up not only once, but twice. If Trump did that, it would be absolute hysteria in the MSM and Marxist circles, calling him an inhumane, nazi fascist (for the thousandth time).

Wonder if the Slurry Speaker of the House would invoke the 25th and get those articles of impeachment ready again?

uJEwydaf6wJceOWzas-v1UwW5zWdbvSq4_X5OaADCo_3JRZQHLMDPAHtkTcH-utFp4zXGdfV1bHsde4QsHPvOrnLAQ75j31YTGIVOYEpKRaGlAltmCnymiQP=s0-d-e1-ft

Can you imagine if Trump said that? Floyd Taylor, er, I mean George Taylor. Schumer ****** it up not only once, but twice. If Trump did that, it would be absolute hysteria in the MSM and Marxist circles, calling him an inhumane, nazi fascist (for the thousandth time).

Wonder if the Slurry Speaker of the House would invoke the 25th and get those articles of impeachment ready again?

This I agree with. It would be the lead story on every news broadcast and opinion show the liberal media offers, not to mention the NYTimes and Washington Post would have a hundred editorials about it.