• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Queen is coming to Pittsburgh

I think Smith can cover up allot of deficiencies for anyone but Queen's definitely an upgrade, better than anything we have and considering the money that's being handed out, it's not as much as I expected. It doesn't preclude taking an ILB in the draft but definitely removes the desperate reach. He does some things well, he's not Roquon filling the middle against the run but who is.

The guy on the fan in Pittsburgh doesn't think he'll be any good without Smith beside him, and that there's a reason Baltimore let him go.
There is a reason Balt. let him go: After you assemble too many good players, the salary cap doesn't allow you to keep everyone. You have to make choices and let some good player go; we've had to do so a lot more in the past.

Can't believe you left the low hanging fruit. I'll bite

"We are the champions, my friends
And we'll keep on fighting till the end
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the (Offseason)"
I think all he wants to do is ride his bicycle

Which is why he is a good get... yeah maybe Smith propped him up, but also maybe he just took a bit longer to develop... and he has a couple years of potential development left
Exactly, he's 8 months older than Payton Wilson.

Lets remember, however, his success has come as a Will not a Mike. There were a lot of questions about him in coverage too.. he is really good, and is young enough to get better in a lot of areas, but he potentially could have warts too, especially where we are absolutely going to play him...

with FA starting fast and top Centers going (apparently we missed on Morse), my faith in getting a competent ILB was completely lost as I never expected that P Queen was even an option (thought he would command above 18M per season). This signing is great! we are getting a top 5 player in his position coming to his best years and paying him with a 25% salary discount in comparison.

Lets remember, however, his success has come as a Will not a Mike. There were a lot of questions about him in coverage too.. he is really good, and is young enough to get better in a lot of areas, but he potentially could have warts too, especially where we are absolutely going to play him...
we can swing for a Mack in the draft (no Trotter) but there won't be a reach because the position is well covered for the start of the season.

What about the punter?

In all honesty-Queen automatically becomes the best MLB on the Steelers defense. I think if Holcomb was healthy this signing may not have happened. I like the idea of Queen and Roberts inside. Hopefully they can resign Kwon to a reasonable deal and grab a descent rookie

A little more Khan Artist magic for ya. They structured the deal so that if those warts are too big, he could be released fairly easily without a helluva lot of damage to the cap.

what - we won't welcome back Elandon Roberts? Roberts and Queen could be a nice duo for a season.

Lol!!!!!, Tomlin questioners, you all can blame getting PQ on Coach MT, Coach always went out of his way to speak to PQ after games, personally I think coach has been after this ILB for years. Mission accomplished, Congrats Coach Tomlin on getting your man! PQ WILL make an impact on the Steel Defense!

A little more Khan Artist magic for ya. They structured the deal so that if those warts are too big, he could be released fairly easily without a helluva lot of damage to the cap.

And from what I understand, the bonus is prorated thru the contract so he counts about 6.5 mill against the cap this year. That's less than what some of the back up qbs are getting. Plenty of cap space available.