• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Queen is coming to Pittsburgh

Im pretty sure he signed here because we offered him the better ILB position .... he wants the big money and rep... you rarely get that playing weak inside backer... though he still should be top ten among ilbs with that deal

Queen is good enough vs. Run. Paired with Roberts who to me is excellent vs. The run you got a guy who can take away the TE, back or maybe even slot in a shorter area in Queen and the traditional run stuff in Roberts. And I don't think Roberts is horrible v. The pass. Queen is a damn good Blitzer. In the end it's the money you hoped they would need to spend on Devin Bush.

I'm impressed they went with a splash move. It was a weak draft for ILBs and this adds speed and youth to the position. I'd still add a ton of depth at the position because it's one of the few spots on the team they operated well rotating players. Queen gives the Steelers three very good linebackers.

Queen is good enough vs. Run. Paired with Roberts who to me is excellent vs. The run you got a guy who can take away the TE, back or maybe even slot in a shorter area in Queen and the traditional run stuff in Roberts. And I don't think Roberts is horrible v. The pass. Queen is a damn good Blitzer. In the end it's the money you hoped they would need to spend on Devin Bush.
Queen is sneaky good at disguising what he’s doing and dropping into zone. Ask Trubisky and Burrow. He has very good hands.

Queen's current frontman is named Lambert right?
Just sayin'

A little more Khan Artist magic for ya. They structured the deal so that if those warts are too big, he could be released fairly easily without a helluva lot of damage to the cap.

This is the real art of the deal! Good job Omar.....and welcome to the B&G Patrick!
Great signing and only 24. Shall be interesting to see what his numbers are when he hits FA in 3 years.

or if Payton wilson shows out.
If Wilson shows out, I'd prefer a starting duo of Queen and Wilson over Wilson/Holcombe or Wilson/Roberts. Increase the ability to cover RBs AND TE's when both are sent out.

Benton is going to be a very good player. The game does evolve.
Evolve, sure, then scrap the 3-4 but if you are still gonna run it, you NEED a stout, low-center-of-gravity, immovable beast at NT to make it work. Otherwise, scrap it. Shades doesn't do either. his non-commital ways has the D hampered. While spending more $ on D than ANY other team in the NFL, his D ranks 21st. That's "not working" as far as I can tell. His teams also have averaged giving up 40+ points in the last 4 playoff games we have been in, ALL LOSSES. And "defense" is his specialty? Good God.