• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Queen is coming to Pittsburgh

Well said and to add to the bolded section, smart teams audible to a pass play the moment they see the big, beefy NT trot out on the field. I loved Big Snack as much as anyone, but offenses have changed and defenses must adapt. Big NT's that play 2-gap control and to absorb run blocks from C and OG on a run are not attacking up field. It is a wait and peek a boo technique. Not too many run stuff NT's are great pass rushers no matter how quickly they read the high hat block from the OL after snap.

It is much the same with ILB's...it is easy for an offense to spread the field with a lot of receivers forcing an LB into coverage which is often a mismatch. The rule changes and skill sets coming out of college favor an Offense's ability to create mis-matches.

My biggest issue with the team just isn't defense despite its troubles. The offense has been pedestrian for years...complete turtle ball putting all the pressure on defense who often has the deck stacked against them.

Well said and thanks for all your great post(s) along the way.

Tomlin’s defense of keeping it close to the end is A-ok in regular season. When they face the higher end offenses of play off caliber, they just can’t keep it close enough.

Maybe this year it changes as hopefully the offense can increase about 10 more points on the board as opposed to last year…..?

Salute the nation

Well said and thanks for all your great post(s) along the way.

Tomlin’s defense of keeping it close to the end is A-ok in regular season. When they face the higher end offenses of play off caliber, they just can’t keep it close enough.

Maybe this year it changes as hopefully the offense can increase about 10 more points on the board as opposed to last year…..?

Salute the nation
Yeah the trouble with Tomlin's defense is that it's predicated on not giving up the big play at all costs. He waits till the biggest moments and then sends pressure or tricks up the coverage for an interception opportunity. But basically it's a very safe cover one man or cover two zone. He hates splash plays. But no risk it no biscuit.

Yeah the trouble with Tomlin's defense is that it's predicated on not giving up the big play at all costs. He waits till the biggest moments and then sends pressure or tricks up the coverage for an interception opportunity. But basically it's a very safe cover one man or cover two zone. He hates splash plays. But no risk it no biscuit.
I don't know, he bragged - again and again - about his Tampa team that scored like 3 TDs on D in the Super Bowl v Raiders (SB 37). He acted like that was all his doing.

I don't know, he bragged - again and again - about his Tampa team that scored like 3 TDs on D in the Super Bowl v Raiders (SB 37). He acted like that was all his doing.
I do not suppose you could add a link regarding this?

adding

Guess you cannot actually provide that link for awhile.

Yeah there is enough to criticize shades about without making up ****. He was the DB coach it was not his defense. I'd have to see that clip.

Yeah there is enough to criticize shades about without making up ****. He was the DB coach it was not his defense. I'd have to see that clip.
He was buddy buddy with those DBs it is the reason Tampa’s D sucked. He bragged that that sucky D was good. Please I would have drafted Greedy Williams his 40 time was much better than Shades buddies 40. It is the reason Steelers secondary sucks the corners aren’t straight line fast enough. Trust me I used to be a cooch I know what I am talking about. I have in-depth knowledge of Walterfootball’s draft profiles don’t challenge me.

Warren Sapp, HOF’er.

Salute the nation
Uhuh he was buddy buddy with John Gruden. Smoking up together before the draft. The reason John got fired I suspect. Just makes perfectly good science.

Uhuh he was buddy buddy with John Gruden. Smoking up together before the draft. The reason John got fired I suspect. Just makes perfectly good science.

I was just stating a fact, none of this “between” the lines reading………………. Dig ?

Are you trying to fill someone’s shoes……..? Garnering attention.…….. ? Looking to make a gunslinger name………. ?

Salute the nation

I was just stating a fact, none of this “between” the lines reading………………. Dig ?

Are you trying to fill someone’s shoes……..? Garnering attention.…….. ? Looking to make a gunslinger name………. ?

Salute the nation
You just don’t know science. I would link a science website but I don’t know any of them.

They were down to off the street Linebackers. You make it sound like they are gonna get gouged v. The run this year. I really think not.
There just are not many Casey Hampton fat guys that can move. And you can manipulate their effectiveness with pass formations where you can still run.
They can be found..they might not be Casey, but they can be effective for the sole purpose of run stopping, if coached up properly.
Not sure the Steelers really want that though any longer?
I think they will reconsider that mindset when trying to contain Derick Henry 2 times this season..

Last edited:
They can be found..they might not be Casey, but they can be effective for the sole purpose of run stopping, if coached up properly.
Not sure the Steelers really want that though any longer?
I think they will reconsider that mindset when trying to contain Derick Henry 2 times this season..
That matchup a split pretty much anyway you dice it anyhow.

What a difference 1 good year makes. Raven fans were ready to run Queen out of town before last year
Yep…..what a difference Roquan Smith made to his career. According to most of the Raven Fans. Let’s hope this is not the case. Before that they were labeling him a bust. He could be our most important FA signing in a long time to bring this defense together.

Steeler fans Know how TJ could make anyone better as well.

Sorry sir..
Najee ain’t no Derrick Henry..
Oh c'mon. Yes Derrick Henry is a much better back, but that's vision, long speed, maybe agility. It's not a hell of a lot if difference trying to tackle either one of them at the point of attack. Trust me they are tightening chin straps vs. Harris too.