• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Ravens loss. a different perspective

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Sometimes it is fun to live near Baltimore.

Mrs. Blitz and I had lunch at a local restaurant. We always sit at the bar. For a Monday there was a lot of people at the bar. mostly sad sad Raven fans. Of course, the TVs were on sport channels.

All the Purple had disappeared, no sweatshirts, hats, scarf. nothing. the gentleman to my right started talking about the game, The bartender is a Steeler fan and knows I am a Steeler fan. No one else at the bar knew me.

The refs of course had it out for the Ravens. They had their orders to get the KC Swifts into the big game. I just kept listening.

After a few minutes, I was like.. "it was God damn Jacksons fault! trying to be a passing qb!" "they would have won it all if Jackson want trying to prove something!"

The guy to the left of us agreed and that sparked a we hate Jackson conversation. I listed for a bit, chimed in here and there. Everyone so miserable. I paid my check and we left.

Yep sometimes living near Baltimore is not that bad.

Blitz, glad you enjoyed Baltimore today.
Anyway, two things in this universe are true.
One being the Ravens will never play in a SB with Action Jackson and two the Steelers will never play in a SB with Cool Shades as HC.

Sometimes it is fun to live near Baltimore.

Mrs. Blitz and I had lunch at a local restaurant. We always sit at the bar. For a Monday there was a lot of people at the bar. mostly sad sad Raven fans. Of course, the TVs were on sport channels.

All the Purple had disappeared, no sweatshirts, hats, scarf. nothing. the gentleman to my right started talking about the game, The bartender is a Steeler fan and knows I am a Steeler fan. No one else at the bar knew me.

The refs of course had it out for the Ravens. They had their orders to get the KC Swifts into the big game. I just kept listening.

After a few minutes, I was like.. "it was God damn Jacksons fault! trying to be a passing qb!" "they would have won it all if Jackson want trying to prove something!"

The guy to the left of us agreed and that sparked a we hate Jackson conversation. I listed for a bit, chimed in here and there. Everyone so miserable. I paid my check and we left.

Yep sometimes living near Baltimore is not that bad.
I love a feel-good story. :)

Honestly after watching half of that game flipping back and forth, in and out all 4 quarters, i really think Baltiwhore lost that game only because of their attitude. Major f*cking league attitude. Cost them a Super Bowl.

They had it. They just had it. They were starting to turn the tempo of the game. Taking control and stopping Mahomes and then... those guys had to make a statement. Had to hit them and retaliate. Those penalties were just gut wrenching.

Buncha punk-a** b*tches. Ravens lost because of Thuganomics, Straight up.

BLITZ————-NICE feel good story that is swift-less.

Thanks for representing the NATION well.

Salute the nation

Ravens like the Lions self destructed at crucial times.

One similar mistake that both the Lions and Ravens made was getting away from the run game. It was more noticeable for the Lions, but the Ravens were guilty too.
Ravens RBs had 6 total carries. I think Flowers had a couple and then Jackson's handful. If Baltimore attempts to establish a running game there is a good chance they win. They didn't even try to run. It was weird.

Ravens RBs had 6 total carries. I think Flowers had a couple and then Jackson's handful. If Baltimore attempts to establish a running game there is a good chance they win. They didn't even try to run. It was weird.
Teams get in that trickery mode, or like Harbaugh the aggressive mindset in scoring instead of forcing their will with their strength. I always said Action Jackson wasn't a pure passer and had to use his legs to attempt to go where the team desires. Go away from this and they will fail every time...

Just like Dan Campbell was determined to repeatedly show his "gambler" side and unexplainably disregard points for questionable calls.....So too was Harbaugh and the Raven organization trying to show the NFL world that Lamar Jackson could indeed "be that guy" at QB.

Just like Dan Campbell was determined to repeatedly show his "gambler" side and unexplainably disregard points for questionable calls.....So too was Harbaugh and the Raven organization trying to show the NFL world that Lamar Jackson could indeed "be that guy" at QB.
Ravens org is like "We paid a lot of $$$ for this guy. See, he CAN pass". **** that, if it takes Jackson going back to what he did before to get the the 'chip, that's what the **** they should have done. (glad they didn't though).

Ravens org is like "We paid a lot of $$$ for this guy. See, he CAN pass". **** that, if it takes Jackson going back to what he did before to get the the 'chip, that's what the **** they should have done. (glad they didn't though).
Spagnola did a great job containing Lamar's impromptu scrabbling abilities...

What they did wrong is ignore 35 and 43.

Lamar didn't play well enough to overcome stupid penalties at crucial moments by flowers and the defense.
Fumbling through the endzone was a freak thing/ a great play by a defender, but 95% of the time thats a touchdown.
The other interception was a bad decision by Lamar, but it was also obvious pass interference, the guy hit the receiver early, if that throw came from Tom Brady or Mahommes or Josh Allen you can bet you're last dollar the refs throw a flag in that situation.
Had the Ravens been smart enough to have discipline not to taunt or hit the QB late at the end of a close game, or if the Cheifs don't get the luckiest bounce off the defenders helmet catch since David Tyree. The game was winnable.
I was surprised how poorly the coaches called the end of the game, having Lamar drop back when they were in field goal range and driving in the 4th. They should have slowed the game down and mixed in some run plays instead of having Jackson trying to hit the jackpot throw into triple coverage in the endzone.

That
and
When will these coaches learn Great QB's will make a mockery of a zone defense 100% of the time. I had flashbacks of Brady picking apart the Steelers defense every single time Mahommes threw it to a wide open Kelce. Infuriating.

Last edited:
Lamar didn't play well enough to overcome stupid penalties at crucial moments by flowers and the defense.
Fumbling through the endzone was a freak thing/ a great play by a defender, but 95% of the time thats a touchdown.
The other interception was a bad decision by Lamar, but it was also obvious pass interference, the guy hit the receiver early, if that throw came from Tom Brady or Mahommes or Josh Allen you can bet you're last dollar the refs throw a flag in that situation.
Had the Ravens been smart enough to have discipline not to taunt or hit the QB late at the end of a close game, or if the Cheifs don't get the luckiest bounce off the defenders helmet catch since David Tyree. The game was winnable.
I was surprised how poorly the coaches called the end of the game, having Lamar drop back when they were in field goal range and driving in the 4th. They should have slowed the game down and mixed in some run plays instead of having Jackson trying to hit the jackpot throw into triple coverage in the endzone.
Disagree on the "pass interference"...ball was poorly under thrown, might of been tipped at LOS, and into triple coverage at goal line.
No way the refs throw a flag there.

Agreed that they didn't "slow the game " down and take the ball out of Jackson's hands at the end.

Disagree on the "pass interference"...ball was poorly under thrown, might of been tipped at LOS, and into triple coverage at goal line.
No way the refs throw a flag there.

Agreed that they didn't "slow the game " down and take the ball out of Jackson's hands at the end.
100% poor throw, but Brady or Mahommes get an illegal contact flag atleast. Defender was so early

100% poor throw, but Brady or Mahommes get an illegal contact flag atleast. Defender was so early
Not so sure of that ...when the refs see 3 defenders basically surrounding a receiver, they usually put the flag in their pocket..

And rightfully so...no matter who made the ill advised decision to throw the ball..

My opinion is that Jackson is an excellent player. All MVP stuff aside his numbers speak for themselves. However some guys attributes and skill tend to make them more solvable then others. So over the course of three maybe four one game eliminations a team is going to have the right make up to handle him.

Jackson cannot handle the pressure! that's all there is to it. It's easy to get into his head and make him start making mistake after mistake. This is why we have so much success against him. He and Dak Prescott are a lot alike. They are all pros in the regular season but crumble in the biggest games.

Teams get in that trickery mode, or like Harbaugh the aggressive mindset in scoring instead of forcing their will with their strength. I always said Action Jackson wasn't a pure passer and had to use his legs to attempt to go where the team desires. Go away from this and they will fail every time...
Yet i fear we will all still be subjected to more league MVP bullsh*t. I don't know how but we will.