• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The short story behind the shades (why Tomlin wears them).

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Not a lot of news so **** I will throw this out. If it isn't your cup of tea don't come in here in a drunken rage move onto the next thread.

So learn to love to be miserable... some of yinz got this down pat!. The first rule of getting better ? is to show up, and don't seek comfort obviously.

So I am comfortable telling you or is it uncomfortable? that Mike aka cool shades wears contacts. So he puts the shades on as his eyes dry out in the sun. Much like Canada's playbook... to be fair it dries out in the shade too.

Tomlin shed light... during a grilling and chilling video episode..

Other notables or you don't give a ***** is Mike prefers Michigan over Penn State for how good they treated him and he goes the under when putting his toilet paper on the dispenser. You heard it hear first! or er second if you watched the video. Jeff Reed says the hell with that **** just rip the ****** right off the wall.

Stay tuned for the next episode as I reveal it cooch tilts his cone to the right or left and who would drink who under the table with a Berm to Steve head to head match up. My money is on slobbering Steve!

You are lucky you didn’t post this last night or a rum induced Litos would have definitely left a drunken rage reply.

Today, before coffee, I'm just gonna say that he uses them to look cool
Are yinz calling him a liar?

😁

To summarize, Mikey cool shades wears shades because of....the sun?

I'd thought it was because his future was so bright....
Ha!

Well sort of. His eyes dry out. Do you throw water on it or is it eye drops?

I always figured he wore them so he wouldn’t get the nickname “ Eyeballs”…because damn those things look cartoonishly huge when he is agitated or excited about something lol

You are lucky you didn’t post this last night or a rum induced Litos would have definitely left a drunken rage reply.

Today, before coffee, I'm just gonna say that he uses them to look cool

I thought you were ALWAYS drunk…………….

Salute the nation

Ha!

Well sort of. His eyes dry out. Do you throw water on it or is it eye drops?

I think it’s desire, you throw a bunch on and hope like hellA Your eyes don’t dry out……………..

Salute the nation

Not a lot of news so **** I will throw this out. If it isn't your cup of tea don't come in here in a drunken rage move onto the next thread. Stay tuned for the next episode as I reveal who would drink who under the table with a Berm to Steve head to head match up. My money is on slobbering Steve!
Kinda hoping you are referring to another Steve, instead of SteveA…

Maybe not, kinda think it’s me…I’ve got plenty of priors here for getting smashed, talking stupid & plenty of ****, & if really drunk, defending Tomlin & for sure anything Steelers..

But, probably won’t be coming in with no drunken rages….21 days clean & sober…

Last edited:
Now the real story of why Tomlin wears shades.

Thyroid Eye Disease. Bulging of the eyes.
deer2.jpg
Thyroid-Eye-Photo-300x256-1.jpg

Bridget tossed her shades.
Listen to Bridget's journey here.

Maybe not, kinda think it’s me…I’ve got plenty of priors here for getting smashed, talking stupid & plenty of ****, & if really drunk, defending Tomlin & for sure anything Steelers..

Yes I was ribbing you, but don't pay it no mind I have a sarcastic nature.

But congrats on the 21 days clean and sober.👊

I totally get that. I wear contacts too. I live in the sunshine state and I have piercing blue eyes that are hyper sensitive to sunlight as it is.

A lot of lubricating drops and sunglasses are a must.

Not a lot of news so **** I will throw this out. If it isn't your cup of tea don't come in here in a drunken rage move onto the next thread.

So learn to love to be miserable... some of yinz got this down pat!. The first rule of getting better ? is to show up, and don't seek comfort obviously.

So I am comfortable telling you or is it uncomfortable? that Mike aka cool shades wears contacts. So he puts the shades on as his eyes dry out in the sun. Much like Canada's playbook... to be fair it dries out in the shade too.

Tomlin shed light... during a grilling and chilling video episode..

Other notables or you don't give a ***** is Mike prefers Michigan over Penn State for how good they treated him and he goes the under when putting his toilet paper on the dispenser. You heard it hear first! or er second if you watched the video. Jeff Reed says the hell with that **** just rip the ****** right off the wall.

Stay tuned for the next episode as I reveal it cooch tilts his cone to the right or left and who would drink who under the table with a Berm to Steve head to head match up. My money is on slobbering Steve!
Endless dangerously average seasons with no playoff victories

I’m getting the “learning to love being miserable” thing down pat Mikey, thanks for your standard and intent to inflict pain on a fan base…keeping Canada makes perfect sense with this mantra

**** why can’t ya just adopt Kirby’s mantra and tell your dogs “go hunt” it’s a whole hella lot more fun

Good luck, brother.

Make it work!

Hats off to you SteveA, keep the hard work successful. Be accountable to yourself and don’t let anything or anyone get in your way in this journey. Keep your loved ones close and YOU keep yourself close to them with open communication.

GOD speed

Salute the nation

Hats off to you SteveA, keep the hard work successful. Be accountable to yourself and don’t let anything or anyone get in your way in this journey. Keep your loved ones close and YOU keep yourself close to them with open communication.

GOD speed

Salute the nation
Thanks man. The accountability part you mention is huge. This week I Set up a brunch date with my 3 adult daughters for Saturday. It’s been too long.

Thanks man. The accountability part you mention is huge. This week I Set up a brunch date with my 3 adult daughters for Saturday. It’s been too long.
Better late than never. Just communicate and keep putting the effort out. Then good things...

It takes a motion to keep the ball rolling.

It isn’t about the time past, but about the time spent. Talk to your daughters in an open truthful way and LISTEN to what they have to say, the LISTEN-ing part could be hard but be sure and hear what they are saying. It takes a little practice but don’t give up, keep speaking and listening along the way.

SteveA, I have a mantra “Do a little bit better today, than you did yesterday”. It works well in that you don’t have to worry about tomorrow or last week. Just today and yesterday narrows down the heavy thin king. It bodes well in many aspects of life and might help you along the way.

Keep strong and PM me if need. I’m rooting for you.

Salute the nation