• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Steelers, Panthers, Saints Are The Only Teams Projected To Take a Quarterback According to Oddschecker

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers have the highest odds according to multiple websites when it comes to being the favorite to select Malik Willis, but now they’re the odds-on favorite for their first selection to be a quarterback according to OddsChecker.

Steelers Potential 1st Round Picks

Today Oddschecker released their Complete Pick by Pick NFL Draft Betting Preview which featured the top odds for each team’s first selection. And there are only two teams listed with the quarterback position as their top betting option. The Steelers, and the New Orleans Saints. The Saints are actually given the same odds to select a quarterback, and a wide receiver at +210. The Steelers are at -125, meaning the odds makers believe that it’s a safer bet that the Steelers will select a quarterback than the Saints.

This year’s NFL Draft is one of the most unpredictable in a long time. There’s no consensus opinion about any players, or positions, or even rounds that prospects could go in. With everything so up in the air, oddsmakers are here to try to ground things a little bit. To do that, here’s a look at the positions that oddsmakers expect NFL teams to focus on with their first draft pick.

1. Jacksonville Jaguars – Defensive Line -1500
2. Detroit Lions – Defensive Line -430
3. Houston Texans – Offensive Line +125 / Cornerback +125
4. New York Jets – Defensive Line +125
5. New York Giants – Offensive Line -125
6. Carolina Panthers – Offensive Line -105 / Quarterback -105
8. Atlanta Falcons – Wide Receiver -125
9. Seattle Seahawks – Offensive Line +190
11. Washington Commanders – Wide Receiver +145
12. Minnesota Vikings – Cornerback -125
14. Baltimore Ravens – Defensive Line +190
15. Philadelphia Eagles – Defensive Line +250
17. Los Angeles Chargers – Offensive Line +125
21. New England Patriots – Cornerback +250
22. Green Bay Packers – Wide Receiver -170
23. Arizona Cardinals – Wide Receiver +300 / Defensive Line +300
24. Dallas Cowboys – Offensive Line -125
25. Buffalo Bills – Cornerback +200
26. Tennessee Titans – Offensive Line +210
27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Offensive Line +145
29. Kansas City Chiefs – Wide Receiver -105
31. Cincinnati Bengals – Offensive Line EVEN
38. Chicago Bears – Wide Receiver +210
40. Denver Broncos – Linebacker +340
42. Indianapolis Colts – Offensive Line +170
44. Cleveland Browns – Defensive Line +190
86. Las Vegas Raiders – Cornerback +210
102. Miami Dolphins – Offensive Line +210
104. Los Angeles Rams – Offensive or Defensive Line +250 / Cornerback +250

By looking at these odds it sure looks like by the time the Steelers pick there isn’t going to be much left in terms of defensive lineman. But one of the top cornerbacks could fall down the list judging by these odds. I know a lot of Steelers fans would love to see Derek Stingley Jr, or Trent McDuffie in black and gold.

Regardless all signs keep pointing towards the marriage of the Steelers and a new quarterback via the draft. Mike Tomlin, and Kevin Colbert have put in the work, but it will come down to whether they believe any of these guys can be the NEXT guy.

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

I just don't understand the need to push these QBs for the 1st round. They are all 2nd or later projects and that is ok... I have no issues with Pittsburgh taking a QB but do it where the value is. I would rather see what Mitch can do this year.

I would rather see what Mitch can do this year.

No sh!t. I mean they got a former second overall draft pick, let's see what he can do before you go spending a ton of draft capital on guys nobody is enamored with.

Man it's going to be hilarious to watch this board absolutely melt down Thursday night 🤣🤣🤣 so many up in their feelings over this

Man it's going to be hilarious to watch this board absolutely melt down Thursday night 🤣🤣🤣 so many up in their feelings over this

Do you really feel Willis, Pickett, Corral or Ridder are first round talent? Glad that you'll be entertained watching the team you apparently support commit the cluster fu*k of this years draft.

It's not feelings, just that none of these QBs are 1st round talent they are all longer term projects. On the other hand we are used to the Steelers reaching for players in the 1st round that are over drafted, see Edmunds or Bush for a current examples.

Do you really feel Willis, Pickett, Corral or Ridder are first round talent? Glad that you'll be entertained watching the team you apparently support commit the cluster fu*k of this years draft.

Yes, just because you're opinion differs or is popular doesn't make it right, or make you more of a fan. If they didn't take one of them I wouldn't be upset either, because I understand that they often do not draft the player I specifically want. So I just see who they pick and hope they become a legend

It's not feelings, just that none of these QBs are 1st round talent they are all longer term projects. On the other hand we are used to the Steelers reaching for players in the 1st round that are over drafted, see Edmunds or Bush for a current examples.

That's your opinion, the Steelers opinion may differ, and there isn't anything you can do about it. So getting angry or people going to extremes of threatening to destroy their TV or worse is just foolish. The Steelers are going to pick who they want, regardless of who we like so getting emotionally invested in your player that you want, or don't want is neither productive nor healthy.

And if you're wondering, I've wanted Jordan Davis the most from the beginning, but I'm not going to be angry about not getting him or taking a QB. I remember really wanting Andrew Billings and thinking we were nuts for passing on him three times, guess I was wrong on him. That happens, we may think we know, but we don't know anything compared to the information the Steelers are able to gather

That's your opinion, the Steelers opinion may differ, and there isn't anything you can do about it. So getting angry or people going to extremes of threatening to destroy their TV or worse is just foolish. The Steelers are going to pick who they want, regardless of who we like so getting emotionally invested in your player that you want, or don't want is neither productive nor healthy.
Correct, my opinion but anyone that watched theses guys play can plainly see the are projects not something you take in the first when you have so many other needs... The Steelers have already shown the ability to make stupid round 1 picks.

Correct, my opinion but anyone that watched theses guys play can plainly see the are projects not something you take in the first when you have so many other needs... The Steelers have already shown the ability to make stupid round 1 picks.

Franchise QBs are often projects, it's extremely rare these guys are ready day one (many of those names have already been mentioned many times), and I'm sure you'll say that many of those guys who had "flaws" and we're considered projects that became franchise guys are the exception to the rule, but it's only hindsight that makes you seem intelligent in that argument.

And if you're wondering, I've wanted Jordan Davis the most from the beginning, but I'm not going to be angry about not getting him or taking a QB. I remember really wanting Andrew Billings and thinking we were nuts for passing on him three times, guess I was wrong on him. That happens, we may think we know, but we don't know anything compared to the information the Steelers are able to gather
Most would agree on Davis at 20... He is a plug and play guy that will make a immediate impact a project QB will not and I think that is what bothers most.

Franchise QBs are often projects, it's extremely rare these guys are ready day one (many of those names have already been mentioned many times), and I'm sure you'll say that many of those guys who had "flaws" and we're considered projects that became franchise guys are the exception to the rule, but it's only hindsight that makes you seem intelligent in that argument.
Again I'm all for taking the project QB just not at 20 and definitely not trading up, just not smart this year.

I don't think anyone here is emotionally invested, other than being a fan of the team. One only has to look at the strengths and weaknesses of all the QB's in this year's draft and it's easy to conclude that none of them warrant a 1st round pick. And yes, it maybe my opinion, but picking any of them, with higher rated talent still on the board would be a huge overreach. Barring injury, none will play this year and won't be evaluated until several years from now. In the meantime, Najee's talent will continue to be wasted running into a wall, and the run defense will continue to suffer. Too many needs to guess that you're first round pick will succeed.

Hear that? Two sports journalists (not scouts) said they want Pickett, so what more do you people need!?

And you'll blindly believe in Trubisky who's actually been in the NFL for a while, but it's not blind to want an unproven rookie! I can't stand this guy.

If this was posted to another thread, I missed it. I cut and paste these from a twitter thread by Andrew Filipponi.

NFL Draft QB Wonderlic scores:
Bailey Zappe 35
Sam Howell 34
Malik Willis 32
Carson Strong 22
Desmond Ridder 19
Kenny Pickett 17
Matt Corral 15

Q.1 Is Seattle gonna start Drew Lock or Geno Smith?
Q.2 Are either of those guys better than Mason Rudolph?

Hear that? Two sports journalists (not scouts) said they want Pickett, so what more do you people need!?

And you'll blindly believe in Trubisky who's actually been in the NFL for a while, but it's not blind to want an unproven rookie! I can't stand this guy.

"A way to atone for the sin of passing on Marino." Always living in the past and these to idiots think Pickett is even close to Dan...

Yes, just because you're opinion differs or is popular doesn't make it right, or make you more of a fan. If they didn't take one of them I wouldn't be upset either, because I understand that they often do not draft the player I specifically want. So I just see who they pick and hope they become a legend

Not that I know much about these QBs, but can you give us examples of why they're sure-fire 1st rounders? Anything will suffice. I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm genuinely curious.

Not that I know much about these QBs, but can you give us examples of why they're sure-fire 1st rounders? Anything will suffice. I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm genuinely curious.
Pickett will be looked at that due to competiton performance, plus accuracy, size, and mobility. I don't disagree with their mindset just factoring those attributes. But that it took him a year longer than most brings one year wonder question marks for me that lower his value in my eyes. That and his ball security possible issues and his odd scrambling approach at times.

Pickett will be looked at that due to competiton performance, plus accuracy, size, and mobility. I don't disagree with their mindset just factoring those attributes. But that it took him a year longer than most brings one year wonder question marks for me that lower his value in my eyes. That and his ball security possible issues and his odd scrambling approach at times.

I'm seeing he had some impressive 4th quarter comebacks as well. But then these scouting sites talking about him are still giving him a low 1st round to high 2nd round grade.

And the average successful NFL QB has at least a hand size of 9". I'm a little worried about that with Pickett, especially playing in the elements. I think this is a pretty good article on why hand size is so important in the NFL. And this - in overall circumference, college footballs can be up to 1 1/4 inches smaller than NFL footballs.

I'm seeing he had some impressive 4th quarter comebacks as well. But then these scouting sites talking about him are still giving him a low 1st round to high 2nd round grade.

And the average successful NFL QB has at least a hand size of 9". I'm a little worried about that with Pickett, especially playing in the elements. I think this is a pretty good article on why hand size is so important in the NFL. And this - in overall circumference, college footballs can be up to 1 1/4 inches smaller than NFL footballs.

A low first , high second seems understandable factoring in plus and minuses. Probably will be pushed higher than that..