• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The USA can't afford to fund two wars

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
We are giving a half a trillion dollars , that is $ 500,000,000,000 to Ukraine that we know about. If China invades Taiwan, which seems like a matter of when, what are we going to do? How much will be spend here?

Meanwhile of national debt continues to grow . And the dollar is worth less due " Biden inflation " and prices of goods, utilities, and shelter is sky high.

You haven't seem anything yet. Just wait until the dollar is no longer the world's reserve currency. We're headed that way, and not many seem to care.

You haven't seem anything yet. Just wait until the dollar is no longer the world's reserve currency. We're headed that way, and not many seem to care.

The dollar is the most stable form of currecny. What will replace it?

We are giving a half a trillion dollars , that is $500,000,000,000 to Ukraine that we know about.

Are you high?

Since January 2021, the United States has invested more than $36.1 billion in security assistance to demonstrate our enduring and steadfast commitment to Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity. This includes $35.4 billion since Russia’s launched its premeditated, unprovoked, and brutal war against Ukraine on February 24, 2022.

In other words, 0.37% of GDP, around 5.6% of total US defense spending. That leaves 95% to deal with China and other concerns.

Last edited:
Are you high?

In other words, 0.37% of GDP, around 5.6% of total US defense spending. That leaves 95% to deal with China and other concerns.
Not really. We are currently zero balance on 105mm howitzer shells. We can produce 11,000 a week. Ukraine is using roughly 22,000 a week. We actually had to borrow some from South Korea, on the promise we wouldn’t give them to Ukraine.

Also, we are short on critical spares. US units are on a 15 month back order in some cases because priority for spares is Ukraine.

It goes on and on. I’m not going to sit here and list it all. Our military, in my opinion, is not in a position to effectively confront China in a conventional war. Instead, we are worried about some streets on some bases having ties to the confederacy. We are worried about representation on the battlefield. We are worried about everything but effective war fighting.

I am at the center of the military universe and I see it daily. Soldiers should be training to defend this nation, not worrying about pronouns.

Your figures, while probably accurate, do not reflect the damage the war in Ukraine has cost our military in terms of quality and quantity of equipment and soldier morale, to say nothing of the dreadful and short sighted politically correct policies that keep soldiers from focusing on their mission priorities. We are in for an *** kicking unless we correct course on this stupidity once and for all.

The dollar is the most stable form of currecny. What will replace it?
Don’t know. But there seems to be a new nation deciding to trade in their own currency almost weekly. Countries are ditching the dollar little by little. Enough do it, the flood gates will open. Then we are done. It’s coming, unless we get some strong foreign policy leadership soon.

Reactions: JMM
To put a stop to all this, the Xiden Administration should just appoint Dylan Mulvaney as ambassador to Saudi Arabia

Thanks for the reply, Sarge. All solid points, though I disagree on this:

…to say nothing of the dreadful and short sighted politically correct policies that keep soldiers from focusing on their mission priorities.

Not allowing Russia to run roughshod over a sovereign, democratic nation on the European continent is hardly some lefty *politically correct* policy, but a primary geopolitical goal protecting American interests. Thankfully, all of Europe (EU), NATO and the Western world is united on this front, including smaller baltic states & former Soviet bloc countries such as Poland, Czech Republic, Romania, Slovakia… all making significant contributions in solidarity. The US is leading the effort, as it should, but hardly doing it alone.

Unsurprisingly, those who side with Putin - or choose to look away - are China, Syria, Iran…and remarkably, MAGA Republicans stateside. The world has truly gone mad.

Thanks for the reply, Sarge. All solid points, though I disagree on this:

Not allowing Russia to run roughshod over a sovereign, democratic nation on the European continent is hardly some lefty *politically correct* policy, but a primary geopolitical goal protecting American interests. Thankfully, all of Europe (EU), NATO and the Western world is united on this front, including smaller baltic states & former Soviet bloc countries such as Poland, Czech Republic, Romania, Slovakia… all making significant contributions in solidarity. The US is leading the effort, as it should, but hardly doing it alone.

Unsurprisingly, those who side with Putin - or choose to look away - are China, Syria, Iran…and remarkably, MAGA Republicans stateside. The world has truly gone mad.
When I say politically correct policies, I’m talking about pronoun training, inclusive battle fields, and dumb **** like that.

As far as Russia, they aren’t running roughshod over anybody, and certainly not Western Europe. Their military has been exposed as disorganized, unmotivated and generally apathetic. To think they could defeat a united Europe is laughable.

And because I think that we shouldn’t waste another penny in Ukraine doesn’t mean I side with Putin. It means I side with the US and OUR defense. Not wasting money and resources in Ukraine to hide Joe Biden’s improprieties. When we have given all of our ammo and serviceable equipment to Ukraine, what do we fight with? How do we protect Taiwan from China? SK from NK?

And please, if you would, explain America’s interest in Ukraine outside of the Biden’s. What geopolitical interest does America have there? And spare me the Putin nonsense. It’s nothing more than a left wing talking point.

Xi said several years ago that America divided is the goal. Spend money wildly on an unwinnable war, the people divided on support of war, makes America weak. China will take over Taiwan easily. It's already working.

You are correct in the first part, but not as to the second. I was in a discussion with another member of SN about four or five years ago but the Yuan replacing the dollar and the incredible damage it would do to this nation. I cannot remember who it was, but he works in finance and opined that foreign nations don't trust the Chinese government, it was not going to happen, blah, blah.

I pointed out that foreign nations care who has the power and the US is declining due to self-inflicted wounds, and that our printing of unbacked currency was going to devalue our currency to the point other nations would switch to the Yuan. Lo and behold, a few years later here we are.

The horrible tragedy is that the United States' decline is 100% self-wrought. Stop printing unbacked currency, stop spending money we don't have, stop engaging in every foreign war on the planet, stop interfering with energy development, and America takes off.

Stop printing unbacked currency, stop spending money we don't have, stop engaging in every foreign war on the planet, stop interfering with energy development, and America takes off.
What a concept. Seems like the powers that be are doing every possible thing to take the country as far off the rails as possible and have been for years.

Don't they know we should have flying cars and have stations on the moon by now? Yet we have crumbling infrastructure, society in the toilet and no future for our kids... Morons...Good work..

And please, if you would, explain America’s interest in Ukraine outside of the Biden’s. What geopolitical interest does America have there? And spare me the Putin nonsense. It’s nothing more than a left wing talking point.

THAT is an excellent question. What interest does the United States have in Ukraine? Ukraine is a nation rampant with corruption and elected officials readily for sale. Its current president arrested his political foes. Its leaders also have gotten rich off being a politician.

Hold on, I think I see the reason Sloppy Joe loves Ukraine: Zelensky is his ideological twin!

Happy thoughts.

images

70d7378241b52cda84aa178298709b87.jpg

This is why I have you on ignore. THIS. Your endless, inane drivel, slopped up from Media Matters and spewed out like some left-wing Linda Blair the morning after downing a gallon of split-pea soup and tequila shots.

I genuinely despise the vile, corrupt leftist keyboard warriors pimping this war. The US government lied about Vietnam, lied about Iraq, lied about Afghanistan, and you are stupid enough to believe they are telling the truth about a proxy war in some Eastern European shithole?

Zelensky is corrupt. He is a former comedian, and now worth $610 million??

Huh. Did not know comedy paid that well. Know what else your hero has done? He nationalized the media and restricts opposition views.

He banned opposing political parties. Yes, he literally BANNED the other parties in his nation.

He banned churches "affiliated" with Russia, like Russian Orthodox. It's not actually Russian, but damn it, the word "Russian" appears so ban it!!

So what the hell is really going on in that ****** nation? Why the hell does the United States have any interest in backing up a corrupt grifter politician who is banning opposing views and took over the media to control speech? What is REALLY at play here? "Putin is sooooo dangerous." To whom? Putin apparently wasn't dangerous when Russia invaded Crimea under Bammy and Dementia Joe's watch, so what happened?

A suspicious person might say that it is no coincidence that the current President's drug-addled son was paid millions of dollars by Ukrainian energy companies. Almost as if the Ukrainian oligarch had some dirt on Dementia Joe.

Conspiracy theories ... simply telling you the news before it reaches the front pages.

Finally, you need to apologize for three years of Russia collusion bullshit. Vicious, ugly lies foisted on us by lying liars and something that helped tear this nation apart. Until you apologize for your role in spewing that outright fabrication, you need to stay off the political forum.

But of course you are not man enough to do so.