• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

This is police brutality

So when you are running away and not a threat to injure someone it's ok to shoot them?

So his drunk *** steals a car, drags you mom out of it, hits several people (some kids) in his attempt to avoid the crime he committed. **** sake. If you break the law there are consequences. Own them.

He could have:
1. Not got drunk
2. Got a DD, a taxi, a ****** Uber
3. Owned his error in judgement for not doing the above mentioned items.

When has owning ones own personal **** ups bcame others ******* faults.

When I go the **** out to meet buds and drive. I know I’m taking a risk. I know that in PA, one, yes one ******* dribk puts me over their limit. Am I drunk hell no, but I’m breaking the law. I’m not running because of my poor choices.

Most times I get an Uber btw.

ready for some double talk from the ATL Mayor and ex-Chief? A taser using deadly force or not?

https://bluelivesmatter.blue/2-fire...BKN4WvhtxhQDBPDJu68RzFJa_hlQ1yp17rtmGXoOaKP0M

Hood, a 29-year veteran of the department who discharged his Taser multiple times during the incident, is charged with aggravated assault (assault with a deadly weapon) on the driver and aggravated assault and simple battery on the passenger, WSB reported.

I learned something early on in life. I learned there are two things you can't out run. Motorola and Smith and Wesson. Maybe if someone would take the time to teach other people this rule of thumb we wouldn't have the problems we're having.

I learned something early on in life. I learned there are two things you can't out run. Motorola and Smith and Wesson. Maybe if someone would take the time to teach other people this rule of thumb we wouldn't have the problems we're having.

Motorola Roy? :lol: But I get your drift.

Or. Personal accountability

I understand that, but "you die" if they are running at you/charging you. If they are running away I would think they would be a potential threat to anyone else in the vicinity, but not to the cop. That's why I mentioned incapacitating them by going for the legs. Maybe they should change the protocol to charging you, center mass; running away from you, hit the legs.

Just spitballing here thinking of ways to minimize the loss of life.

He turned and aimed the taser at them. I don't think people realize how often cops have to deal with people who carry guns. Someone who has just attacked you points something at you, you are trained to shoot. You don't have time to think about whether it's the taser they just stole from you or something else. If you take time to think about that you have a good chance of dying. Or letting your partner get killed.

I don't think the vast majority of cops want to kill someone. But they also want to go home at the end of their shift. (and I am not referring to a piece of **** who would kneel on someone's throat for 8 minutes while they beg for their life).

He turned and aimed the taser at them. I don't think people realize how often cops have to deal with people who carry guns. Someone who has just attacked you points something at you, you are trained to shoot. You don't have time to think about whether it's the taser they just stole from you or something else. If you take time to think about that you have a good chance of dying. Or letting your partner get killed.

I don't think the vast majority of cops want to kill someone. But they also want to go home at the end of their shift. (and I am not referring to a piece of **** who would kneel on someone's throat for 8 minutes while they beg for their life).

You make level-headed, reasonable points (and why I appreciate your presence here so much), so thank you as always for the reasonable dialog. Seems that that's gone by the wayside for a lot of people in this particular forum lately and I'm not exactly sure why. I know Cope is dealing with a family death, but others that you could seemingly talk to and have a conversation/debate with aren't around so much. Maybe they're just so sick of the **** going on around us.

Who could blame them.

Kisses his wife, his kids goodbye in the morning not knowing if he will come home.

Police are trained to go up one level to make sure the threat is neutralized. The guy has a taser so there is nothing else but a gun to bring to the fight. If the cop gets hit with a taser then the guy could get his gun, shoot him and anyone else standing around, high jack a car and end up killing more people. Then I guess everyone would be happy with that?

You can't just let him go. He's got a taser and could hurt or kill someone... remember he's drunk. He could walk out into traffic and kill a driver or a child.

I cant believe people are advocating for letting drunk drivers go....Was the force excessive? Maybe, but to say the guy should have just been driven home w/ no consequences is BS. You fire a weapon at an officer no matter what it is your are asking for trouble. Then to burn down a Wendy's just because that is where it happened is just plain stupid. How many black people lost their jobs due to that? The world is going to hell..

Fire a weapon?! Hell, I always thought that you opened yourself up to either getting your *** kicked or shot by putting your hands on a cop, let along trying to disarm him, and/or take his taser/gun. Also, didn’t the police simply give him the opportunity to leave the drive-thru, and he still laid there, and passed the **** out? He’s also cooperating on minute, and a complete lunatic who’s resisting the next. No doubt there’s something more that he was on. This dude had every opportunity to get out of this situation, including to, you know, not ******* drink and drive! None of this ever happens if he’s responsible in the first place. Who’s to say that he doesn’t get his fucjing big bacon classic, and proceeds to ram straight into another innocent person who’s driving along? He was messed up enough to pass the **** out in a drive thru. Or accepts the fact that he was caught COMPLETELY in the wrong, and was going to jail for it.

I will personally say that I've been drunk as **** for the most part due a lot of this that we're watching on our televisions. Another reason is I was laid off after 10 years of busting my *** (**** them, and that's nobody else's problem). What I haven't done and will never do, is break the ******* law by drinking and driving or anything else similar.

You have many options to drive you around to whatever you need (Uber, Lyft etc), even in this time (they're especially okay with you getting booze). Use it. Pay the amount of money they require to take your drunk *** around. Don't **** around.

People arguing that shooting wasn’t excessive force in this matter are obtuse... the cops escalated from the get go... this guy was sleeping off a drunk in his car... that should not be a crime but it is... shooting a one off taser at a cop doesn’t mean you should get shot... and the what ifs are just inadmissible... you don’t gun a guy down because he might do something bad afterwards... he was escaping... not attacking... and by definition tasers aren’t lethal force...

Again this country has a broken judicial system... and too many absurd laws. Things need to be simplified so its easy to determine the actual problem people... id take a guy who realizes that he had to much and pulls over to sleep over some knucklehead who tries to drive cause its only a few blocks and steamrolls someone.

He fell asleep in the dive thru, not pulling over to nap My GFs brother fell asleep at a stop sign before and he got arrested and somehow managed to not get shot and he is not white. In the video i do not see the cops escalating the situation. Once they start to handcuff him he turns aggressive. You can argue the force was excessive, but the guy who was shot was certainly not innocent. I also don't want to live in a society where cops are letting drunk drivers go. That is a very dangerous precedent

I will personally say that I've been drunk as **** for the most part due a lot of this that we're watching on our televisions. Another reason is I was laid off after 10 years of busting my *** (**** them, and that's nobody else's problem). What I haven't done and will never do, is break the ******* law by drinking and driving or anything else similar.

You have many options to drive you around to whatever you need (Uber, Lyft etc), even in this time (they're especially okay with you getting booze). Use it. Pay the amount of money they require to take your drunk *** around. Don't **** around.

Man sorry to hear about the layoff do you have something else in the works?

People arguing that shooting wasn’t excessive force in this matter are obtuse... the cops escalated from the get go... this guy was sleeping off a drunk in his car... that should not be a crime but it is... shooting a one off taser at a cop doesn’t mean you should get shot... and the what ifs are just inadmissible... you don’t gun a guy down because he might do something bad afterwards... he was escaping... not attacking... and by definition tasers aren’t lethal force...

Again this country has a broken judicial system... and too many absurd laws. Things need to be simplified so its easy to determine the actual problem people... id take a guy who realizes that he had to much and pulls over to sleep over some knucklehead who tries to drive cause its only a few blocks and steamrolls someone.

The cops escalated? Are you kidding me? They did exactly what they were supposed to do. You find a drunk passed out in a drive thru line how do you think he got there? Did he teleport there? He gets a pass on drunk driving because he had the good fortune to pass out somewhere?

The cops were completely non-confrontational and professional up until the second he attacked them and stole their taser.

Drunk driving deaths have dropped by a third over the last few decades because of enforcement. Tens of thousands of lives saved. But I guess the life of a drunk driver who attacks cops lawfully doing their job is more important.

Good question - Black Privilege: Why Are Seattle Anarchists Coddled When Malheur Protestors Were Murdered?
A group of peaceful protestors took over a small section of uninhabited public land in the Pacific Northwest. They were conscientious objectors to federal policies they claimed were unconstitutional and discriminatory. No one was hurt and no weapons were preemptively drawn. Law enforcement asked their leaders to a parley to bring about a peaceful resolution, and they quickly agreed. While on the way to that meeting, they were subsequently ambushed and bullets riddled their vehicle. With his arms wide in the air, one of the leaders was ruthlessly gunned down as a helicopter looked from above.

Another group of protestors, this one violent, took over six city blocks of mostly private property also in the Pacific Northwest. They objected to local policies they claimed were discriminatory. Weapons were drawn and violence was prominently promised. Law enforcement asked their leader to a parley to bring about a peaceful resolution, but they quickly refused. The group stole private property, vandalized public property, and committed a litany of criminal offenses. So far, that group has been coddled, pampered, and catered to by local and federal authorities.

Add that this Seattle mob has taken over part of a city, and basically holding local residents and businesses captive, and the different responses are crazy.

That's why I mentioned incapacitating them by going for the legs. Maybe they should change the protocol to charging you, center mass; running away from you, hit the legs.

Man you know I'm on your side and we see eye to eye. Question though - have you ever shot a pistol? At a target?

This isn't the Lone Ranger, where people can fire shots from their pistols while riding on horses and knock apples off people's heads. Asking a cop to hit a person's legs while running is a TOUGH, low probability ask when hearts are pumping, etc.

It's not a viable or realistic option.

Regarding the Atanta shooting, the latest video clearly shows Brooks pointing something back at the officer while he is fleeing. So the guy resists arrest, assaults the arresting officer, takes his taser away, flees, and as the officer pursues he points back at the officer as if to shoot him. It's at night and it is happening fast. If the new standard is that in that situation the officer is not to shoot the suspect, but let the criminal shoot at him to confirm what the weapon is first, then that is ridiculous and good luck finding anyone to sign up for that duty. Or is he supposed to just let a violent criminal go?

Once again, not a peep about the most obvious take away from this - don't drive drunk, don't resist arrest, don't assault a police officer, don't flee, and definitely don't point something at an officer while doing all the previous things.

Man you know I'm on your side and we see eye to eye. Question though - have you ever shot a pistol? At a target?

This isn't the Lone Ranger, where people can fire shots from their pistols while riding on horses and knock apples off people's heads. Asking a cop to hit a person's legs while running is a TOUGH, low probability ask when hearts are pumping, etc.

I'm not a cop but I believe that they only shoot when they believe they need to use deadly force. You don't wing a guy trying to kill you or who you believe is a danger to society. He still has his weapon and can still kill you and others. Have to put him out of commission unless he drops his weapon and surrenders.

Last edited:
Regarding the Atanta shooting, the latest video clearly shows Brooks pointing something back at the officer while he is fleeing. So the guy resists arrest, assaults the arresting officer, takes his taser away, flees, and as the officer pursues he points back at the officer as if to shoot him. It's at night and it is happening fast. If the new standard is that in that situation the officer is not to shoot the suspect, but let the criminal shoot at him to confirm what the weapon is first, then that is ridiculous and good luck finding anyone to sign up for that duty. Or is he supposed to just let a violent criminal go?

Once again, not a peep about the most obvious take away from this - don't drive drunk, don't resist arrest, don't assault a police officer, don't flee, and definitely don't point something at an officer while doing all the previous things.

Defending yourself is racist.

Rayshard dindt do nuffin'.

Not to mention, if you miss those shots and those bullets ricochet off of the concrete/asphalt now you put innocent bystanders at risk.

The one thing you CANNOT take away from a policeman (or ANYONE for that matter) is the human emotional factor. That will always kick in and it changes everything. A cop could have a spotless record and be trained in all the different techniques and what not to do. But get him in what he perceives a life or death scenario, and his desire to protect himself kicks in. That will never change. We humans have that innate desire to protect ourselves and others.