• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

This is police brutality

I have not been able to find any references in the media to his criminal record except for family members talking about how he was trying to get his life back on track. So I would guess that means it was less than stellar.

Oh never mind, sweet innocent Rayshard has been charged with battery, obstructing an officer, cruelty to children, false imprisonment, family violence and theft. Was once sentenced to 7 years in jail. Guess he didn't want to go back.

https://www.rapsheetz.com/georgia/doc-prisoner/BROOKS_RAYSHARD/1001370147

Years ago I really missed living in a city. Now I'm so glad I live in the middle of nowhere. Even if these lunatics do not succeed in defunding or abolishing police, so many will quit and many more will just stop enforcing laws. Just wait until murders rapes and robberies start to skyrocket. I wonder how many people will die because police are not allowed to arrest drunk drivers any more.

Years ago I really missed living in a city. Now I'm so glad I live in the middle of nowhere. Even if these lunatics do not succeed in defunding or abolishing police, so many will quit and many more will just stop enforcing laws. Just wait until murders rapes and robberies start to skyrocket. I wonder how many people will die because police are not allowed to arrest drunk drivers any more.

Cities are really going to take a hit. First the Covid, now the riots. I hear that people are leaving NYC in droves, and landlords are reducing rents.

I live in a suburban community, with some of the best schools in the state, and a relatively easy commute to downtown Pittsburgh. Neighborhood friends just put their house on the market due to a job transfer, and their house was on the market for 2 hours. They got three offers, all over asking price. One even waived the home inspection.

Young people will remain in cities, for the time being. Young families are bailing.

This is why you don't shoot at legs and need to be wary of suspects running away:

Former Gangster Drops a Truth Bomb About Rayshard Brooks' Death
Riots started in Atlanta in response to Brooks' death. But was the officer justified in shooting his service weapon? According to Antoine Tucker, a former gangster who is now running against Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez in New York, the officer was absolutely right to shoot Brooks.

"I see brothers and sisters going to the streets in Atlanta and destroying they communities. Then I hear the mayor calling for these officers to be fired and charged without due process. If I was these officers I would sue this mayor because they deserve due process," he explained. "You heard, as the attorneys for this young man said, in Atlanta, a taser isn't considered a dangerous weapon."

"Neither is this –," Tucker said, pointing his camera to a pair of scissors and a mallet behind him. " – mallet or scissors right here. But if you take this mallet and/or these scissors and you go at a police officer with them, you will be shot. You can be shot."

"The suspect could have taken that taser, shot that cop in the face with it and once he turned around, incapacitated that officer, taken his service weapon and then killed him with it," the congressional candidate explained. Tucker reminded viewers that officers conducted a field sobriety test and concluded Brooks was under the influence.

"Everybody watching that knows deep in they heart that was a justified shooting," he concluded. "Atlanta's mayor is a jacka**."

Wish I could vote for this guy.

This is why you don't shoot at legs and need to be wary of suspects running away:

These officers risk their lives every day, and you know they've all seen videos like that as part of their training. So pissed off at the way these Atlanta cops are being treated.

Have asked others, far less intelligent than the contributors here, so I repeat the question:

What is the end game for these guys, the "no police" crowd? Nobody believes that any society can survive without protecting life and property, and that is basically ALL the police do.

Simple. I've heard it stated the motive is 100% political. If you disband the police, you replace it with something. If you replace it with something, you replace it with something you create. Who runs these cities? Democrats. What do they want to replace it with? An enforcement unit that controls the way they want to control. Sound scary? It is.

Simple. I've heard it stated the motive is 100% political. If you disband the police, you replace it with something. If you replace it with something, you replace it with something you create. Who runs these cities? Democrats. What do they want to replace it with? An enforcement unit that controls the way they want to control. Sound scary? It is.

Scary for the law abiding. A boon for the lawless.

But too many people think they know about guns but they really don't. And it drives me nuts to watch or listen to it. I even catch it on TV. Some moron will be talking about "assault" rifles or some other non-sense. Or a movie will start off with a gun holding a revolver and the next scene he's holding a semi-auto. Drives me nuts.

What liberals know about guns, in one cartoon:

d6ef943779fc48057ec1b014dc482d41ab564147e10356035fa0bc4f4a0ab388_1.jpg

A revolver throwing brass.

Yes, liberals really are that stupid about guns. And life in general. And everything.

I see your point Tim and George Floyd is no saint. However you know that (if) my 20 year old white daughter, high out of her mind on meth and fentanyl tries to pay with a counterfeit 20 and she probably at worst gets it handed back to her and given advice to take it back to her bank.

Cause you missed part of it...

Del...
I suspect that while Minneapolis is talking about reform what they really want to do is just start from scratch.

They will still have police. And they will still spend money.
No.

No police. No emergency services. Let the people sort it out. Absolutely zero tax dollars dedicated to police or emergency services. Racism has ruled communities long enough. People can and will take care of their own. If they want rioting - let them try to open up a "new" police force. I'd be one of the first guys supporting throwing fire-bombs at the "police" buildings.

I see your point Tim and George Floyd is no saint. However you know that my 20 year old white daughter tries to pay with a counterfeit 20 and she probably at worst gets it handed back to her and given advice to take it back to her bank.
Probably not, if she had a rap sheet like this -

George Floyd’s Criminal Past
George Floyd moved to Minneapolis in 2014 after being released from prison in Houston, Texas following an arrest for aggravated robbery
On May 25, 2020, Floyd was arrested for passing a counterfeit $20 bill at a grocery store in Minneapolis
He was under the influence of fentanyl and methamphetamine at the time of arrest
Floyd has more than a decade-old criminal history at the time of the arrest and went to jail for at least 5 times
George Floyd was the ringleader of a violent home invasion
He plead guilty to entering a woman’s home, pointing a gun at her stomach and searching the home for drugs and money, according to court records
Floyd was sentenced to 10 months in state jail for possession of cocaine in a December 2005 arrest
He had previously been sentenced to eight months for the same offense, stemming from an October 2002 arrest
Floyd was arrested in 2002 for criminal trespassing and served 30 days in jail
He had another stint for a theft in August 1998
According to court records obtained by the DailyMail, before moving to Minneapolis in 2014, George Floyd was released from prison in Texas.

Probably not, if she had a rap sheet like this -

George Floyd’s Criminal Past
George Floyd moved to Minneapolis in 2014 after being released from prison in Houston, Texas following an arrest for aggravated robbery
On May 25, 2020, Floyd was arrested for passing a counterfeit $20 bill at a grocery store in Minneapolis
He was under the influence of fentanyl and methamphetamine at the time of arrest
Floyd has more than a decade-old criminal history at the time of the arrest and went to jail for at least 5 times
George Floyd was the ringleader of a violent home invasion
He plead guilty to entering a woman’s home, pointing a gun at her stomach and searching the home for drugs and money, according to court records
Floyd was sentenced to 10 months in state jail for possession of cocaine in a December 2005 arrest
He had previously been sentenced to eight months for the same offense, stemming from an October 2002 arrest
Floyd was arrested in 2002 for criminal trespassing and served 30 days in jail
He had another stint for a theft in August 1998
According to court records obtained by the DailyMail, before moving to Minneapolis in 2014, George Floyd was released from prison in Texas.

Well that wasn't really my point. The store owner wouldn't have known about Floyd's rap sheet.

Man you know I'm on your side and we see eye to eye. Question though - have you ever shot a pistol? At a target?

Yeah Tim, I've shot multiple firearms at multiple ranges. The ones I know most specifically I'll name and get as specific as I can as you (and quite a few others it seems) just took it upon yourselves to assume I've never shot a weapon. S&W M&P 9 Shield (CA compliant) and the S&W M&P 15 Sport II (also CA compliant). In fact that's one of the things I like about Smith & Wesson, is that they're conscientious about manufacturing California compliant firearms. Not that I blame the other manufacturers, California and their awful restrictions don't give them much incentive, but the M&P 15 Sport II is probably the only AR that I know of that's CA compliant worth a damn. I really liked the M&P 9 Shield with the 8 Mag as it's an extended Mag that I could wrap my pinky around because it is a small and lightweight gun (which I like). Other ones I've shot though, 357 revolver that I think I was shooting .38 cal with and a couple others. Anyways, yeah maybe the logistics aren't the most practical in hindsight, I was just thinking about the loss of life. I'll ask my buddy either tomorrow or when I can get ahold of him who's basically a tactical & firearms expert IMO what he thinks, and if he laughs at me, I'll know.

This isn't the Lone Ranger, where people can fire shots from their pistols while riding on horses and knock apples off people's heads.

Yes I realize that. I didn't say about going for a hand or a foot though either.

Last edited:
Well that wasn't really my point. The store owner wouldn't have known about Floyd's rap sheet.

Ah. The store owner. I was talking about the police. But context still matters with the store clerk. Floyd first came in with two others, and one of them tried to use a bad $20. The clerk gave it back and they left - ala your 20 year old white daughter scenario. Floyd came back in 10 minutes later and tried again - and that's when he called the police. There is nothing biased about that situation. The clerk is supposed to call the police when that happens and he let it slide once.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Burke County, Georgia, Sheriff Alfonzo Williams says the shooting of Rayshard Brooks was “completely justified.”<br>“There's nothing malicious or sadistic in the way these officers behaved,” he says, adding that this case can't be compared to those of Ahmaud Arbery and George Floyd. <a href="https://t.co/Px6hwdffZN">pic.twitter.com/Px6hwdffZN</a></p>— CNN Newsroom (@CNNnewsroom) <a href="https://twitter.com/CNNnewsroom/status/1272958183540219905?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 16, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

are you faulting the store owner for calling the cops?

are you faulting the store owner for calling the cops?

No. I'm just saying there are differences in how white people and black people are treated in situations such as these. I witnessed that with my own eyes as a teen working in retail and honestly, it didn't even occur to me that it was racial bias at the time. The reality I saw was there was more theft by black people. In hindsight maybe they were just caught more because they were watched more closely.

That said I did not know Floyd tried to pass the 20 twice. That's new information to me.

But I do think bias exists even if it's unconscious bias for some.

But I do think bias exists even if it's unconscious bias for some.

For IMPD in Indy, 79% of all police calls are directly related to minorities. These are not random stops, this is not surveillance, these are cases where by a victim or a witness calls 911 or non-emergency to report an issue. It stops being a bias when it is a historical and statistical fact that minority crimes far outweigh crimes by non-minorities. It becomes a common sense issue. As much as BLM and the left want to denounce racial profiling, statistics say that there is a very good reason that it should be used in crime prevention and detection. Until the minority community as a whole takes some time to reflect on their own behaviors, take some self responsibility, and accept accountability for their own actions, don't expect that "bias" to go away anytime soon. Again, when you have a minority suspect that shoots at police, gets shot and killed in return by a black cop, and you protest and cry racism and police brutality...you seriously think that is having any level of accountability or responsibility? It's too easy to play the victim. Floyd passed a known counterfeit $20 bill, him being black had nothing to do with him making that decision. What then occurred from that point was a result of that decision. If Floyd does not try passing a counterfeit $20 he is probably still alive today. Yes the officer used unapproved tactics and excessive force and should be convicted of some level of murder, but the whole situation started by someone choosing to do something illegal. Finally, whether people like it or not, perception is reality. If 70% of an officers runs are to one minority group common sense would be that the officer over time will develop a "bias" toward that group with regards to crime. On the SE side of Indy, 80% of all gang related crimes are tied to the Latin Kings. Whenever there is a call for gang related incidents, IMPD's gang unit almost automatically starts questioning those close to the Kings. Is that racial profiling or historical and statistical data leading someone to make informed decisions based on experience?