• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

This is police brutality

Come on, man. Not sure why there's so much finger pointing now. Let's all be happy this thing is slowly coming to an end and hopefully things can eventually get back to normal. Trump declared a national emergency on March 19th and invoked the Stafford Act. It was part of the federal policy to keep people home, limit public gatherings, close schools and shut down businesses in affected areas. Governors and mayors responded accordingly.

Read the President's Covid 19 Guidelines, including the small print at the bottom.

pence.png

Again, where in the CDC memo does it require nail salons, hair salons, small businesses with less than 10 employees...etc. to close. None of that was mandated or driven by the CDC.

Again, where in the CDC memo does it require nail salons, hair salons, small businesses with less than 10 employees...etc. to close. None of that was mandated or driven by the CDC.

You evidently didn't read the very last line at the bottom.

If true, this adds another bizarre twist to the story of the cop and the man he murdered.

<samp class="EmbedCode-container"><code class="EmbedCode-code"><blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Andrea Jenkins, vice president of Minneapolis City Council, says George Floyd and Officer Chauvin worked at restaurant near Third Precinct. <br><br>"They were coworkers for a very long time." <a href="https://t.co/IrwJvmxchI">pic.twitter.com/IrwJvmxchI</a></p>— MSNBC (@MSNBC) <a href="https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1266235536701710341?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 29, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> </code></samp>

Aright-wingers just focus on the looting, call the protestors thugs and criminals, and completely miss the big picture aspect of what is happening.

That's kind of what happens when you choose to become criminals by burning buildings, destroying a police station, smashing car windows...etc. You take away from the real issue at hand, then complain when people ignore the issue because of the rioting. By showing NO respect to private businesses and citizens that had nothing to do with the killing, then in turn demanding respect from law enforcement, makes your whole argument hypocritical at best. If you don't want to be treated like an animal, don't act like an animal. Mature grown adults can process anger and frustration without turning violent, burning buildings, destroying private property, and/or assaulting other individuals. When you have no self control, don't expect other people to have respect for you or your cause.

Look, there is absolutely no one, I repeat no one here justifying what this piece of **** excuse for a cop did. He should be fully prosecuted under the law.

But to come here and somehow excuse the burning of a city in response is mind boggling.

In both cases, right is right, and wrong is wrong.

If true, this adds another bizarre twist to the story of the cop and the man he murdered.

<samp class="EmbedCode-container"><code class="EmbedCode-code"><blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Andrea Jenkins, vice president of Minneapolis City Council, says George Floyd and Officer Chauvin worked at restaurant near Third Precinct. <br><br>"They were coworkers for a very long time." <a href="https://t.co/IrwJvmxchI">pic.twitter.com/IrwJvmxchI</a></p>— MSNBC (@MSNBC) <a href="https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1266235536701710341?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 29, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> </code></samp>

if true that is crazy

When a journalist in America is called an ******* for simply doing his job, to quote hamster, "we have entered a dangerous time in this country."

<samp class="EmbedCode-container"><code class="EmbedCode-code"><blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">As a reporter, I’ve been detained in Iran, spied on in China, and followed and harassed in Russia. I’ve never had colleagues arrested and handcuffed while doing their job here in the US.</p>— Jim Sciutto (@jimsciutto) <a href="https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1266339867811893248?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 29, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> </code></samp>

Bullshit. So that CNN crew are the only people in the area who didn't get prior instruction to clear the area? They are the only non-police in the area. Everyone cleared out but them. There is more to the story and they got what they wanted.

Zona, I’m not excusing it, nor am I condoning it. Just saying that I understand where it’s coming from.

You obviously cannot comprehend the last line. The memo mentions "10 or more people" and the fine print states "where groups of people congregate". My barber shop has a small one chair shop...nobody is congregating and he is by appointment only...the governor forced him to close. My wife's hair and nail salon is a single woman operation that operates the same way, she also had to close. A small company, and engineering firm that a friend owns has 3 employees, they were not deemed essential and forced to close. Nowhere in the CDC guidelines does it dictate that businesses such as those must close.

I went to Home Depot this past Tuesday, had to be over 300 people inside of the store. 1 person clicking how many people went in, but nobody clicking how many leave. No one can tell me I am safer in a crowded Home Depot or a Lowes than in a Barber shop at 50% capacity or a Restaurant at 50% capacity. The decisions made on what business can remain open and what business must shut down makes zero sense. The smaller businesses are probably much safer to go to but cant because thy are shut down.

You obviously cannot comprehend the last line. The memo mentions "10 or more people" and the fine print states "where groups of people congregate". My barber shop has a small one chair shop...nobody is congregating and he is by appointment only...the governor forced him to close. My wife's hair and nail salon is a single woman operation that operates the same way, she also had to close. A small company, and engineering firm that a friend owns has 3 employees, they were not deemed essential and forced to close. Nowhere in the CDC guidelines does it dictate that businesses such as those must close.
I hear you man, and you’re correct. I do think that last line in Cdc guidelines leaves it open to interpretation, as far as what should and what shouldn’t get closed down. For most businesses the stay at home orders where enough to basically shut them down, tough to stay open without customers.

Just saying that I understand where it’s coming from.

Sorry, but having that attitude leads others to believe their actions are somehow noble. They're not.

I'm not saying there aren't people that are subjected to racism, but is it necessarily racism in this case, or was the cop just a moronic jackass?

There is enough evidence in this case that will put this guy behind bars for a long, long time.

Peaceful protests carrying signs and signing, great, a first amendment right. Burning, looting, injuring others deserves prosecution as well, there is no excuse for it and they are not protesters, despite the media's take on it.

Please provide a link or some actual information substantiating that this man is connected to Antifa or any anarchist group. Or did you just pull that out of your ***? Thanks. It does seem he's an instigator, but it is not clear who he is associated with, if anyone.

These are not mainstream sources, but they are showing that info is starting to leak out. Protests like this attract Antifa like flies to ****. BLM as well.

https://www.redstate.com/brandon_mo...-down-antifa-after-they-tried-to-get-violent/

https://sarahwestall.com/minneapolis-is-burning-soros-paid-antifa-gangs-involved/

I went to Home Depot this past Tuesday, had to be over 300 people inside of the store. 1 person clicking how many people went in, but nobody clicking how many leave. No one can tell me I am safer in a crowded Home Depot or a Lowes than in a Barber shop at 50% capacity or a Restaurant at 50% capacity. The decisions made on what business can remain open and what business must shut down makes zero sense. The smaller businesses are probably much safer to go to but cant because thy are shut down.

The important thing to remember is that the Wolf family cabinet company never shut down. Why just think of the devastation to the public that would have caused.

What a petty thing to be wondering about during a civil uprising and protest. But yeah, it does seem some of the protestors are wearing masks. Ironic, isn't it, how wearing a mask at a protest was a point of contention in the past, and now the lack of masks is an issue.

7123.jpg
5472.jpg
5184.jpg
4438.jpg
3986.jpg
3500.jpg

I don't see much social distancing. My god, you were off the rails about the kids (of the same age) partying at a lake in Arkansas.
but, since these people are protesting, rioting, looting, burning **** to the ground... its all good.

Tibs says he's "tired of the blame game" then goes on to blame Trump, right wingers, etc.

Guess you just took a timeout, huh, buddy?

Sorry, but having that attitude leads others to believe their actions are somehow noble. They're not.

I'm not saying there aren't people that are subjected to racism, but is it necessarily racism in this case, or was the cop just a moronic jackass?

There is enough evidence in this case that will put this guy behind bars for a long, long time.

Peaceful protests carrying signs and signing, great, a first amendment right. Burning, looting, injuring others deserves prosecution as well, there is no excuse for it and they are not protesters, despite the media's take on it.

I truly believe that something isn't right in this horrific scenario.

In my humble opinion, why did it take four (4) and I'll call them 'light skinned' law enforcement officers subdue the victim?

In my humble opinion, why did it take four (4) and I'll call them 'light skinned' law enforcement officers subdue the victim?

No argument here, this is a travesty, the mayor, chief of police need to step up and assure everyone they have this covered, instead of leaving it fester.

Zona, I’m not excusing it, nor am I condoning it. Just saying that I understand where it’s coming from.

I don't think it's coming from quite as good a place as you do.

I think many looting are just criminal opportunists. They could care less about George Floyd.

We are LONG PAST the point where this is a riot in "protest" and much more into the phase of "how do I get something for free?"

Anger is one thing. Protesting with anger is somewhat "understandable" as you like to say. Setting a police car on fire as an example is understandable to me.

Taking the opportunity of chaos to break down Target and steal TV's? There is nothing "angry" about that. There is nothing "I understand where they are coming from" as part of that. It is simple criminal opportunism. It's like walking by a dropped wallet, knowing you have no way of getting caught and saying "this is now mine".

I think that's where a lot of us here refuse to buy into your opinion on this Tibs. I understand the anger (although I don't think it's as widespread or "top of their mind"). But what is happening, by mostly young adults, is plain criminal looting for no reason other than personal benefit.

Tibs, you KNOW this, but you keep trying to defend their actions.

Without knowing department policies, the back story of what was reported, or seeing or hearing a complete report of what occurred it is impossible to say. Many PD's around the Country mandate or have 2 officers per car, depending on the situation it is not abnormal for a responding officer to call for back-up or a supervisor. In that case you are looking at potentially 4 officers on scene. Nobody has seen the actual take-down video, the one camera angle that I saw you could see 2 officers leading him to the vehicle to detain him, the suspect falls down while approaching the vehicle, and the officers pick him back up before the camera stops. Just because there were 4 officers present, does not mean that 4 people did the take down. The AG working the case has to establish motive and a clear understanding of the entire event, from what caused the take down of a hand cuffed suspect, and why did the officer use unapproved tactics once the suspect was down and cuffed. The last thing that anyone wants to see happen is a rush to judgement, a rush to prosecute, and have everything get overturned or found innocent because of holes in the case. Further, they also need to determine whether this is a hate crime that was racially motivated or simply an officer that used bad tactics on a suspect that led to his death. Just because the cop is white and the victim is black does not automatically make it racially motivated.

@Steeler Pride - not true. My wife sent me a Tik Tok video, from a Quentin Jiles. Look it up - shows three of the four officers detaining him on the right side of the black SUV.

@Steeler Pride - not true. My wife sent me a Tik Tok video, from a Quentin Jiles. Look it up - shows three of the four officers detaining him on the right side of the black SUV.

I looked at every video on youtube, and the only one I saw showed 2 officers walking him across the street to a vehicle, him stumbling, and the 2 officers picking him up again before the video cut out. Not saying you are incorrect, but I have not found it on youtube. I refuse to have anything to do with Tik Tok or any other apps created by and maintained by China.

I don't think it's coming from quite as good a place as you do.

I think many looting are just criminal opportunists. They could care less about George Floyd.

We are LONG PAST the point where this is a riot in "protest" and much more into the phase of "how do I get something for free?"

Anger is one thing. Protesting with anger is somewhat "understandable" as you like to say. Setting a police car on fire as an example is understandable to me.

Taking the opportunity of chaos to break down Target and steal TV's? There is nothing "angry" about that. There is nothing "I understand where they are coming from" as part of that. It is simple criminal opportunism. It's like walking by a dropped wallet, knowing you have no way of getting caught and saying "this is now mine".

I think that's where a lot of us here refuse to buy into your opinion on this Tibs. I understand the anger (although I don't think it's as widespread or "top of their mind"). But what is happening, by mostly young adults, is plain criminal looting for no reason other than personal benefit.

Tibs, you KNOW this, but you keep trying to defend their actions.

correct. I've not seen one person say George Floyd deserved to lose his life over a forgery crime. Instead, the focus is on the cop and his knee. No one's excusing the cop's actions.

The current narrative is the people are pissed - and rightfully so - at another death at the hands of the police. So they're taking to the streets to protest the death of George Floyd. which is all fine and good. Exercise your 1st Amendment rights. Assemble peacefully. Protest. Chant, scream and yell. No problem.

Start breaking windows, burning buildings, turning over cars, looting businesses ... is all that to honor George Floyd? Did George Floyd perform those actions during his life? Would George Floyd want people to be assaulting others, stealing, etc to honor his memory? Who benefits from that - George Floyd, his family, his friends? Who?

IMO, the focus should be on the police, how they are trained to handle situations, how they are trained to apprehend and detain suspects and any policing done within the departments. Although it would admittedly be difficult and add stress to an already stressful job, there should be a way to monitor police procedures. And to do so in a way that brings about trust from the community and trust within the police department.

copied from Zuck's Book of Faces:

100608196_3149315425112098_7754151217671962624_o.jpg

Minneapolis. They even went back to try to steal his safe. He was crying so hard. He invested his life savings into it. He said didn't know what to do now.
Now how does this contribute to a community when a business is no longer operable & people are without jobs? Should capture the vandals & force them to help rebuild but hey, if some communities enjoy not having anything what can one do? How does looting from Target endear a cause? ����������

Some of the torched businesses in Ferguson didn't return. Teens with internships & jobs prior to the riot lost out.

EDIT: His name is KB Balla. Here's the GoFundMe

https://www.gofundme.com/<wbr>f/<wbr>scores-bar-mpls-riot-rebuil<wbr>d?utm_source=facebook&utm_<wbr>medium=social&utm_campaign<wbr>=p_cp+share-sheet&fbclid=I<wbr>wAR0w8qTws5BJY53bQ9FjLY77z<wbr>ugtVilNtOdVZchFWCo-jANuXeF<wbr>qCKnSA4Y

I don't see much social distancing. My god, you were off the rails about the kids (of the same age) partying at a lake in Arkansas.
but, since these people are protesting, rioting, looting, burning **** to the ground... its all good.

I think the heat from the fires kills the virus.

Last edited: