• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

This morning

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
My wife and I traveled to our polling place and proudly cast our votes for Donald John Trump and JD Vance. I don’t much care for the guy, but I care about what’s left of this once great nation. I realize that if he wins this election, we are putting a band aid on a gunshot wound, but we gotta start somewhere.

No candidate is perfect. I mean, I held my nose and voted for both Bushes, Dole, Romney, and McCain but they were better than the alternatives. I didn't vote for most of those guys in the primaries or Trump in the 2016 primary.

I already mailed in this year because of my knee surgery in case I wasn't feeling up to getting to the poll. I feel pretty good considering, but I won't be able to drive by election day.

Last edited:
Took my 2 page ballot (more than a dozen initiatives on it) to the post office yesterday and handed it to the clerk. Hopefully it gets to where it's supposed to go and gets counted. Voting in person on election day has had it's own set of issues with tabulators and printers mysteriously breaking down the day after being certified as good to go.

Already reports of vote switching and other shenanigans. Nobody will ever know the true vote count. But hey, " True the Vote". Isn't that a left wing group?

Took my 2 page ballot (more than a dozen initiatives on it) to the post office yesterday and handed it to the clerk. Hopefully it gets to where it's supposed to go and gets counted. Voting in person on election day has had it's own set of issues with tabulators and printers mysteriously breaking down the day after being certified as good to go.
I didn't like having to sign my name on the outside of the envelope. The Post Office or county election board can tell it's a Pubbie ballot and toss it in the trash.

I didn't like having to sign my name on the outside of the envelope. The Post Office or county election board can tell it's a Pubbie ballot and toss it in the trash.
They get you either way, I should be able to see if my ballot was counted though. In '22 it took until November 20th, but they finally admitted that I voted, and that was going to the polls on election day.

I am voting on Election day. My vote does not matter I live in Blue MD. in 2020 I questioned why no one asked me for an ID and got laughed at. not required. buy some vodka? damn well better have ID. my kid had to show ID to get a tattoo. but voting? nope. come early come often.

No candidate is perfect. I mean, I held my nose and voted for both Bushes, Dole, Romney, and McCain but they were better than the alternatives. I didn't vote for most of those guys in the primaries or Trump in the 2016 primary.

I already mailed in this year because of my knee surgery in case I wasn't feeling up to getting to the poll. I feel pretty good considering, but I won't be able to drive by election day.
I’ve held my nose and voted for those same candidates. Kind of tired that that’s the choice we seem to have every election. It kills me knowing that we can do better and we don’t. We don’t even try. Kamala Harris is the perfect example of this. She is fake, and clueless and stupid and manufactured but she’s a democrat and that’s what matters the most to those that aren’t voting for her simply because she’s a minority woman. It’s a huge problem, and it’s the type of thing that is slowly eroding the very foundation that this great nation is built upon, and most people voting for her don’t even realize the damage they are causing to this country. I’m sick of it.

I’ve held my nose and voted for those same candidates. Kind of tired that that’s the choice we seem to have every election. It kills me knowing that we can do better and we don’t. We don’t even try. Kamala Harris is the perfect example of this. She is fake, and clueless and stupid and manufactured but she’s a democrat and that’s what matters the most to those that aren’t voting for her simply because she’s a minority woman. It’s a huge problem, and it’s the type of thing that is slowly eroding the very foundation that this great nation is built upon, and most people voting for her don’t even realize the damage they are causing to this country. I’m sick of it.
Trump gets into office again and we will not have to vote for him in 2028. I more reason to vote for him this year.

I'm bad at analogies but, I'll try.

This country is like a runaway 18-wheeler, no brakes, a brick on the accelerator, headed towards a cliff. The driver is oblivious and just happy to have a job. The dispatcher is aware and likes where it's headed. The other drivers on the road see what's happening but, can't do anything to help but, stay in their lane in hopes of not being run over. And electing Trump is just a putting traffic cone in the path of the semi, 15 feet before the cliff.

Identity politics is voting for someone because of their race, gender etc. I recently came to the realization that those voters naturally think that people who vote against them are racist, sexist, etc. It can't be because you disagree with their policies.
Trump gets into office again and we will not have to vote for him in 2028. I more reason to vote for him this year.
Downside, Trump only has four years. Upside, he doesn't have to worry about being re-elected. Which is another thing that scares the hell out of the Dems.

I am voting on Election day. My vote does not matter I live in Blue MD. in 2020 I questioned why no one asked me for an ID and got laughed at. not required. buy some vodka? damn well better have ID. my kid had to show ID to get a tattoo. but voting? nope. come early come often.

Integrity is not something they care about. They only care about winning by any means necessary and making it as hard as possible to account fraud in a reasonable time.

There's no consequences. Nobody is going to jail or getting dropped from a rope.