• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Three possible quarterback options for next season

Pickett will be a fine NFL QB... he also is going to go stupidly high so I wouldn't worry about us getting a shot at him.

My concern remains that we are going to grab an undersized mobile guy in the first and be ****** for four years rather than just being patient until the right guy comes along....

So you admit to not having a life. LOL. Hey, stupid, last time I checked, 2600 posts is somewhat less than 27000, isn't it? Sure, other posters end up telling me to go **** myself...after they lose arguments. Just like you did. Funny how that works. But unlike you, most people get over it. I agreed to disagree with you, but that wasn't enough, so here we are.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Pickett's a one-year wonder, and he'll never amount to anything, unless you come to some other grand conclusion after your detailed "eval" which would immediately change your very hardened opinion. You think he'll be average at best...but you somehow refuse to commit to that statement. Way to go out there on a limb. Thanks so much for telling me the same thing ten different ways.

The fact is that Pickett had a good college career and a great final season. To most rational people (and evidently many NFL scouting departments), that would indicate an intriguing uptrend, but by God, let's dismiss the guy altogether for taking that extra year (through a pandemic) to blossom.

Hines does have very little coaching experience. Also, the earth is round. And I said my "piece," not "peace," oh intelligent one.

If you're bored, go on back and rescind all of your dozens of likes of my posts during this season, since you were obviously wrong for agreeing so many different times with such a "fucktarded twatwaffle." That should keep you busy for quite a while, champ.
Wow you still have more to say that is incredible. I have been done with the convo. Not reading all your jibbierish and meaningless child banter. Move back to football the conversation is over... twatwaffle.

Pickett will be a fine NFL QB... he also is going to go stupidly high so I wouldn't worry about us getting a shot at him.

My concern remains that we are going to grab an undersized mobile guy in the first and be ****** for four years rather than just being patient until the right guy comes along....
I keep hearing next year’s QB class is deeper. Yeah, with Young and Stroud. After that it looks very comparable to who is coming out this season. I think we’ll know early if the Steelers are going to take a QB because when they love a guy they don’t hide it.

Howell will be there at 20....

He is the only one they are seriously considering..

The debate within the hallowed halls of Heinz Field is whether to select him or not..

If the draft was tomorrow....meet your future Steeler Nation.

IMHO.

Howell will be there at 20....

He is the only one they are seriously considering..

The debate within the hallowed halls of Heinz Field is whether to select him or not..

If the draft was tomorrow....meet your future Steeler Nation.

IMHO.
Rich Walsh from KDKA was in The Fan the other day and said there were two guys they liked. It seems pretty obvious Howell is one of those guys and I would assume Strong is out due to the lack of mobility in the pocket.

Well, after last nights 49’s win over the Packers, I hope the Rodgers fanatics give up on him coming to the Steelers.

Rich Walsh from KDKA was in The Fan the other day and said there were two guys they liked. It seems pretty obvious Howell is one of those guys and I would assume Strong is out due to the lack of mobility in the pocket.
If Im a betting man....and I kind of am..

I would say the other QB on their radar is kid out of Liberty...

Tomlin is partial to his "neck of the woods" prospects...

Taking 9 sacks and still getting it done. Tough, smart kid that has a cool head and good decision making.
Unless we find another great one, The Bengals are going to be a problem. They probably have the best WR in the league and he's a rookie still.
If the Steelers go with Rudolph or Haskins led by Matt and Mike.
That proves they have zero respect for the steelernation fanbase.

Agree with you overall. Burrows seems to be the real deal. None of the many Steeler issues get fixed until Rooney concedes that race shouldn’t be prioritized over talent, skills, and qualifications.

Burrow was as good of a QB prospect coming into the NFL that you could get and those types of guys don't come around very often.

He was for sure. I watched him at LSU and would have killed for the Steelers to draft him. The bungles are getting the **** beat out of him. First year he blows the acl, this year pounding even more.

That would be one ****** season to suffer through to draft that high.
But yeah

He's great but they are going to get him killed if they don't improve that line.

Last edited:
Taking 9 sacks and still getting it done. Tough, smart kid that has a cool head and good decision making.
Unless we find another great one, The Bengals are going to be a problem. They probably have the best WR in the league and he's a rookie still.
If the Steelers go with Rudolph or Haskins led by Matt and Mike.
That proves they have zero respect for the steelernation fanbase.
That happens sooner or later when you draft top 5 every year for a decade, you must strike gold even by mistake.

I don't get what that has to do with our cap or capacity to get a top QB in the draft whe we are picking in the mid 20s in a couple of months

After last night who the hell wants to pay the asking price for Rogers and Jimmy G's asking price probably exceeded his value.

slash/topseed

you two should just **** and get over it

I'm not going to go read all this thread but it seems this stems from slash not falling in love with pickett....

yes lets get into a big argument over a decent college player who may or may not succedd in the NFL

Personally I am not impressed

tone the **** down and stick to football

slash/topseed

I'm not going to go read all this thread but it seems this stems from slash not falling in love with pickett....

yes lets get into a big argument over a decent college player who may or may not succedd in the NFL

I try to stay away from chicks on their period. Just messy.🤓

FA wise Carr Mariota 2-3 year deals Carr front loaded
stop gabs Mariota Bridgewater
Rookies Ridder Willis Corrall
Based on projections as of now there is no way Kenny gets past Carolina ATL and who knows if NYG is bluffin on wanting to keep jones

Wow you still have more to say that is incredible. I have been done with the convo. Not reading all your jibbierish and meaningless child banter. Move back to football the conversation is over... twatwaffle.
Right. You've said your "peace" and won't read any more of my "jibbierish." Got it.

slash/topseed

Sorry, in the future I'll try to keep my jibbierish to a minimum when I say my peaces.

Easily the biggest weakness. Let us hope they address the three positions.😁

THIS

We need BACON eaters that can move on the offensive line, big time.

Salute the nation