• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Tomlin gets 3 year extension

Idk if it was or wasn't. Neither do you. That's the point. However, using the eye test, what we saw over the years, the Steelers threw over the middle often. If Tomlin was into meddling in the offense, and, according to you he doesn't want to throw over the middle, wouldn't we have seen a lack of throwing over the middle throughout his career?
Meh.....there are articles out there that state Tomlin had has his fingers in the offensive side of the ball the last few years. Of course everyone has written articles stating this and that anymore. Journalism is a lost art. Sad really. Even this site has so many articles throwing **** to the wall. We may never know the real truth on any matter anymore.

Stripes!

You've got nothing but assumptions. Which means you have nothing.

I listen to DK quite a bit. His take is Tomlin would rather not mess with the offense, he'd rather have an OC take charge and run it. I think what we saw with Arians, Haley and Fitchner tends to prove that.
Then sounds like he did get more involved with Canada so a storyline for this year is how much more aggressive Arthur will be with more presumed autonomy

I hate to even report this as I don’t want to give nonsensical babble ammunition. But I did come across this guy who claims (as the board had many topics in the draft process) that Tomlin always has the last say on who gets drafted. We at times believed it to be an equal shared process. I still believe that to a degree setting the board, etc. I also agree someone has the final word and why not the HC? He apparently worked for the Steelers 25 years.

I hate to even report this as I don’t want to give nonsensical babble ammunition. But I did come across this guy who claims (as the board had many topics in the draft process) that Tomlin always has the last say on who gets drafted. We at times believed it to be an equal shared process. I still believe that to a degree setting the board, etc. I also agree someone has the final word and why not the HC? He apparently worked for the Steelers 25 years.
Which is fine. He should be criticized then for Kenny Pickett or Chase Claypool or Jarvis Jones.

But he should get credit for TJ Watt, Cam Heyward, Maurkice Pouncey, David Decastro, etc.

Pretty much like anybody who has had last say in a draft process. Hits and misses.

Wexell has said pretty much the same thing.

Which is fine. He should be criticized then for Kenny Pickett or Chase Claypool or Jarvis Jones.

But he should get credit for TJ Watt, Cam Heyward, Maurkice Pouncey, David Decastro, etc.

Pretty much like anybody who has had last say in a draft process. Hits and misses.

But, I m ust add that it was slash, who had last say on TJ WATT.

Salute the nation

I think it’s a lot closer than most think. I think it’s a combination of all input. I think Kahn assembles the board with more input and final say, but a combination for end decision.

Rooney has final say over all.

Salute the nation

I agree. I still find it interesting that their approach to the draft changed and Tomlin is still here. Meaning if the board is set differently and player A is different in the pecking order. Is Mike going out of the pecking order and picking his man? I somewhat think this wouldn’t be the case. But I am not in the room seeing if anything is changed from the HC come a certain pick…

But, I m ust add that it was slash, who had last say on TJ WATT.

Salute the nation
I pimped him hard that year. My greatest pre draft want. Plenty of hit and misses but I nailed that one!

I agree. I still find it interesting that their approach to the draft changed and Tomlin is still here. Meaning if the board is set differently and player A is different in the pecking order. Is Mike going out of the pecking order and picking his man? I somewhat think this wouldn’t be the case. But I am not in the room seeing if anything is changed from the HC come a certain pick…
Tomlin may be a lot of things, but I don't think he is stupid. What I mean is he has to look at the results over the last number of years and realize things have to change in the way they draft, among other things.

I've been guilty of it too over the years, but sometimes I wonder if we think these guys lose and they don't give a shiit. I think they care very much. That doesn't always lead to great decisions, granted. But I think Tomlin wants to win and perhaps he has seen he needs to adapt his approach.

Tomlin may be a lot of things, but I don't think he is stupid. What I mean is he has to look at the results over the last number of years and realize things have to change in the way they draft, among other things.

I've been guilty of it too over the years, but sometimes I wonder if we think these guys lose and they don't give a shiit. I think they care very much. That doesn't always lead to great decisions, granted. But I think Tomlin wants to win and perhaps he has seen he needs to adapt his approach.
Not stupid for sure, but definitely hidebound at times with stubborness and pride when Plan A isn't working.

But if the articles painting Tomlin as a megalomaniac are true, a simple desire to want to win isn't enough to counter his narcissistic personality disorder. It's a very real and significant disorder.

https://www.powerofpositivity.com/megalomaniac-behaviors/

No way is cooch saying someone has a narcissistic personality disorder.😭 Here I thought he would never be funny. Silly me.

But if the articles painting Tomlin as a megalomaniac are true, a simple desire to want to win isn't enough to counter his narcissistic personality disorder. It's a very real and significant disorder.

https://www.powerofpositivity.com/megalomaniac-behaviors/
But you linked an article about megalomania. You didn't link an article saying Tomlin was a megalomaniac. Where are these articles? Probably another figment of your imagination.

But you linked an article about megalomania. You didn't link an article saying Tomlin was a megalomaniac. Where are these articles? Probably another figment of your imagination.
And now move the goalposts, as usual, when I did, in fact, find an article asserting what I said. Go ahead, make you next lame, predictable excuses now. Don't you get tired of always being wrong?

https://stillcurtain.com/2022/10/14/steelers-problem-head-coach-mike-tomlin/
One huge criticism of Tomlin, which appears to be true, is that he has a problem surrounding himself with good assistant coaches. In the words of Mark Madden, a Pittsburgh-based sports journalist, Tomlin is a “megalomaniac.”

No way is cooch saying someone has a narcissistic personality disorder.😭 Here I thought he would never be funny. Silly me.

Soup meet nostril………………. ****-ing funny !!!!!!!!

Salute the nation

Who wrote that ONE article? Greg Lloyd? Hahaha.
Do you have a reading a comprehension problem? Her byline was clearly at the top of the article.

And IN the article it referenced ANOTHER article that made mention of Tomlin's megalomania by Madden. That's TWO right there, Einstein. Don't you ever grow weary of being wrong all the time? Now, move the goalposts again, Tim Tam, go for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a reading a comprehension problem? Her byline was clearly at the top of the article.

And IN the article it referenced ANOTHER article that made mention of Tomlin's megalomania by Madden. That's TWO right there, Einstein. Don't you ever grow weary of being wrong all the time? Now, move the goalposts again, Tim Tam, go for it.
Maybe he thought the writer might be you by the photo.😁