• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Tomlin returning for another season

Pittsburgh Dad didn't like Allen's "fake" slide.
Well hot damn. Pittsburgh Dad's on the NFL rules committee, isn't he?

I just saw a snoop dog interview waiting a better staff and saying that this isn't 1984 anymore.

Even snoop knows Tomlin ain't taking us anywhere. Hope Kahn and Rooney fix that crap and tell Tomlin to be hands off or **** off

Right. The Chiefs, despite playing for a sixth straight AFC Championship after beating Buffalo on the road, are still just a shell of themselves and are clearly the beneficiaries of a conspiracy between Taylor Swift and the NFL league office. Nothing gets past you.

If you fumble in the field of play, and the ball exits out of the endzone before being recovered by the offensive team, it absolutely should be a touchback. Nothing wrong with that rule; it makes perfect sense. Can't wait to hear why you think it shouldn't be a touchback. God help us.
now your just ******* with me. You seemingly take the opposite view of the rest of the sports world. WHy when every where else on the field a fumble forwards out of bounds is just returned to the spot of the fumble. Why does it make any difference whatsoever if it goes forward into the endzone then out of bounds? Every announcer every player thinks the rule is wrong.

Well hot damn. Pittsburgh Dad's on the NFL rules committee, isn't he?
I just thought it was funny is all that he mentioned it in light of this discussion. I didn't give it much thought when it happened but obviously some people did.

I just saw a snoop dog interview waiting a better staff and saying that this isn't 1984 anymore.

Even snoop knows Tomlin ain't taking us anywhere. Hope Kahn and Rooney fix that crap and tell Tomlin to be hands off or **** off

Snoop puppy‘s input is even less than PITTSBURGH DAD. Snoopy doesn’t even know the team colors as
he has referred many times to the black and yellow.

obviously

BLACK & GOLD

for anyone that doesn’t know (more than you may think)

Salute the nation

Well Hell's Bell's....Snoop has spoken!

Just roll me up and smoke me when I die!

Well Hell's Bell's....Snoop has spoken!

Just roll me up and smoke me when I die!

Snoop will give yaz a try, then make millions off your poor dead aszzzz………..

NOT a snoop fan here, just for the record.

Salute the nation

now your just ******* with me. You seemingly take the opposite view of the rest of the sports world. WHy when every where else on the field a fumble forwards out of bounds is just returned to the spot of the fumble. Why does it make any difference whatsoever if it goes forward into the endzone then out of bounds? Every announcer every player thinks the rule is wrong.
Well, simply because everywhere else on the field isn't the end zone. Not hard to figure out. Gee, why is a fumble recovered by the defense in the end zone ruled a touchdown? Why is a fumble by the offense out of the end zone ruled a safety? Hmmm. Let's see. Maybe there's a different set of rules outside of the regular field of play?

You seemingly tend to exaggerate the number of people in the "sports world" who agree with you.

Snoop puppy‘s input is even less than PITTSBURGH DAD. Snoopy doesn’t even know the team colors as

obviously

BLACK & GOLD

Salute the nation
I hate that.
Well, simply because everywhere else on the field isn't the end zone. Not hard to figure out. Gee, why is a fumble recovered by the defense in the end zone ruled a touchdown? Why is a fumble by the offense out of the end zone ruled a safety? Hmmm. Let's see. Maybe there's a different set of rules outside of the regular field of play?

You seemingly tend to exaggerate the number of people in the "sports world" who agree with you.
in the end one is a totally different thing. You are failing to grasp that part. If you are on the field of play and fumble the ball forward out of bounds it should come back to where it was fumbled regardless of whether it goes forward through the end zone. Period. You are seriously downplaying the number of people who agree with me on these. Not sure why. It is all over the media.

I like that rule.
Don't ******* fumble at the endzone or there are consequences!

obviously

BLACK & GOLD

Salute the nation
My point is that even a human being that probably spends half his life baked still recognizes we ain't going anywhere with the current situation

My point is that even a human being that probably spends half his life baked still recognizes we ain't going anywhere with the current situation
Every other team in the AFC playoffs is A LOT better than the Steelers.

I like that rule.
Don't ******* fumble at the endzone or there are consequences!
I like it as well, everything is geared towards helping the offense, this is actually something that is geared towards the defense.

Let's take an in depth look at Mikey's body of playoff work. I think I've posted this before, but I do it again as a reminder to everyone just what Rooney signed up for more of with this extension. I'll take that last statement back if Rooney grows a pair and starts getting heavily involved especially with offensive coaching hires and offensive philosophy.

2007- one and done against David Garrad

2008- With Bill Cowher's team: Brady out for the year with a torn ACL, beat chargers without Tomlinson, beat rookie Joe Flacco, beat a 40 year old Kurt Warner 9-7 team blew a 16 point fourth quarter lead, took a miracle to win the SB.

2009- no playoffs 4 losses to sub 500 teams,

2010- beat Joe Flacco at home, beat Mark Sanchez at home, lost to A. Rod.

2011- one and done TEBOWED 7.5 point favorites 😂,

2012- no playoffs 4 losses to sub 500 teams,

2013- no playoffs 3 losses to sub 500 teams,

2014- one and done vs Flacco,

2015- beat back up AJ McCarron while blowing a 4th quarter lead, lost to 39 year old Peyton Manning blown 4th quarter lead,

2016- beat back up Matt Moore at home, kicked 6 fgs to beat Alex Smith, got embarrassed vs Patriots,

2017- 1 and done to Blake Bortles😂,

2018 no playoffs lost 4 of final 6 to be eliminated from playoffs

2019- no playoffs lost final 3 to be eliminated from playoffs 1 for 8 vs sub 500 teams 😂

2020 1 and done vs Baker Mayfield 😂 lost 5 of final 6 games.

2021 1 and done blown out by Chiefs in wild card

2022 9-8 no playoffs...began season 2-6...

2023 one and done in Buffalo.

Tomlin's " body of work."

in the end one is a totally different thing. You are failing to grasp that part. If you are on the field of play and fumble the ball forward out of bounds it should come back to where it was fumbled regardless of whether it goes forward through the end zone. Period. You are seriously downplaying the number of people who agree with me on these. Not sure why. It is all over the media.
Wrong again. If the offense fumbles in the field of play, and the ball winds up in or out of their end zone, it's a safety. You fail to grasp that the end zone is different from the field of play, and is thus ruled differently.
Obviously you didn't bother to read the negative fan replies to that tweet, or the similar responses here. But sure, everybody agrees with you. Keep telling yourself that.

Reactions: GMC
Wrong again. If the offense fumbles in the field of play, and the ball winds up in or out of their end zone, it's a safety. You fail to grasp that the end zone is different from the field of play, and is thus ruled differently.

Obviously you didn't bother to read the negative fan replies to that tweet, or the similar responses here. But sure, everybody agrees with you. Keep telling yourself that.
I never said everyone. but a large percentage do or it wouldn't be the story it is or likely to be changed. You act like I am making this stuff up. These topics were both national stories with potential rules implications, particularly the fumble rule.

No I get it, not sure you do. I said FORWARD not backward. Totally different rule set involved. A backwards fumble out of bounds is never brought back to the spot of the fumble a forward fumble out of bounds is except when it goes through the endzone. That can only happen outside the endzone as once you cross the line with possession it is a TD. The league is likely to change this rule as it makes no sense versus everywhere els on the field for FORWARD fumbles.

Let's take an in depth look at Mikey's body of playoff work. I think I've posted this before, but I do it again as a reminder to everyone just what Rooney signed up for more of with this extension. I'll take that last statement back if Rooney grows a pair and starts getting heavily involved especially with offensive coaching hires and offensive philosophy.

2007- one and done against David Garrad

2008- With Bill Cowher's team: Brady out for the year with a torn ACL, beat chargers without Tomlinson, beat rookie Joe Flacco, beat a 40 year old Kurt Warner 9-7 team blew a 16 point fourth quarter lead, took a miracle to win the SB.

2009- no playoffs 4 losses to sub 500 teams,

2010- beat Joe Flacco at home, beat Mark Sanchez at home, lost to A. Rod.

2011- one and done TEBOWED 7.5 point favorites 😂,

2012- no playoffs 4 losses to sub 500 teams,

2013- no playoffs 3 losses to sub 500 teams,

2014- one and done vs Flacco,

2015- beat back up AJ McCarron while blowing a 4th quarter lead, lost to 39 year old Peyton Manning blown 4th quarter lead,

2016- beat back up Matt Moore at home, kicked 6 fgs to beat Alex Smith, got embarrassed vs Patriots,

2017- 1 and done to Blake Bortles😂,

2018 no playoffs lost 4 of final 6 to be eliminated from playoffs

2019- no playoffs lost final 3 to be eliminated from playoffs 1 for 8 vs sub 500 teams 😂

2020 1 and done vs Baker Mayfield 😂 lost 5 of final 6 games.

2021 1 and done blown out by Chiefs in wild card

2022 9-8 no playoffs...began season 2-6...

2023 one and done in Buffalo.

Tomlin's " body of work."

This should be a sticky and framed. "The Standard"

Giving this man three more years added on at HC is ******* nuts.

I never said everyone. but a large percentage do or it wouldn't be the story it is or likely to be changed. You act like I am making this stuff up. These topics were both national stories with potential rules implications, particularly the fumble rule.
I don't give a shlt how many talking heads agree with you -- Josh Allen's hesitation WAS NOT A FAKE SLIDE. You can look at it from any angle, front, back, side, or from a f*cking drone; it looks NOTHING like what KP did at Pitt. You'll never convince me or anyone else with working eyeballs any differently. And out of the blue, YOU asked for my opinion about the fumble, and I gave it to you. Sorry it bothers you so much that I don't see it your way.
No I get it, not sure you do. I said FORWARD not backward. Totally different rule set involved. A backwards fumble out of bounds is never brought back to the spot of the fumble a forward fumble out of bounds is except when it goes through the endzone. That can only happen outside the endzone as once you cross the line with possession it is a TD. The league is likely to change this rule as it makes no sense versus everywhere els on the field for FORWARD fumbles.
I don't know how many times or ways I have to tell you that the end zone is a different area than the field of play. If the ball is fumbled forward, the whole reason that they bring it back to the spot where the ball was fumbled (and not where it went out of bounds) is to not reward the player with undeserved yardage. But they still have to give the ball back to the last team who had possession. HERE"S THE DIFFERENCE: The moment it's fumbled forward past the plane of the end zone, that's a completely separate jurisdiction, and EVERY OTHER RULE WITH AN END ZONE SITUATION INVOLVING A LOOSE BALL OUT OF BOUNDS FAVORS THE DEFENSE. Just like this one does, and should.

I really hope Art's seemingly good nature, feel-good persona is just for public consumption and behind doors he's ready to read Shades the riot act. Tomlin's defiant attitude needs checked badly. Who the hell does he think he is with his 'tude with that reporter asking him about his contract, as if the question was SO out-of-bounds or inappropriate? Can you even imagine Shades' soft @ss in a real media market like NY where the team's owner doesn't have most of the media on a "perk payroll?"

Yea, there I said it. The Rooneys have the local press on a "perk payroll." If you ask questions they don't like you risk your press perks and no one wants to risk it. Anyone recall the year Cowher was taking heat for an affair he was allegedly having with a Steeler employee? (Yes, a female.) I'm not a big fan of gossipy rumors, just could care a less about them. But the reason I give some credence to the Cowher rumors was the team's reaction to them, where they put a full-court-press on the media. I lived in Erie and the Steeler PR guy picked on the wrong media guy to shut off the rumors; you see the radio guy was not a Steeler fan, so losing team privileges didn't matter to him. So the guy revealed the content of the call he had with their PR guy. Mr. PR told Jim LeCorchick to hang up on any callers who tried to talk about the Cowher rumors. Jim said he could not control what his listeners wanted to talk about. So Mr. PR went down the list of the perks he stood to lose. When Jim said he didn't care, then legal threats came out. And so on.

As Will Farrell said in "Old School," Tomlin resides in the "safe nest" of that Rooney press control. I feel like we could all use Tomlin having to get used to life outside that "safe nest" with him having to deal with real and fair media. Let him stomp off out of pressers everytime they ask a legit question.

I don't give a shlt how many talking heads agree with you -- Josh Allen's hesitation WAS NOT A FAKE SLIDE. You can look at it from any angle, front, back, side, or from a f*cking drone; it looks NOTHING like what KP did at Pitt. You'll never convince me or anyone else with working eyeballs any differently. And out of the blue, YOU asked for my opinion about the fumble, and I gave it to you. Sorry it bothers you so much that I don't see it your way.

I don't know how many times or ways I have to tell you that the end zone is a different area than the field of play. If the ball is fumbled forward, the whole reason that they bring it back to the spot where the ball was fumbled (and not where it went out of bounds) is to not reward the player with undeserved yardage. But they still have to give the ball back to the last team who had possession. HERE"S THE DIFFERENCE: The moment it's fumbled forward past the plane of the end zone, that's a completely separate jurisdiction, and EVERY OTHER RULE WITH AN END ZONE SITUATION INVOLVING A LOOSE BALL OUT OF BOUNDS FAVORS THE DEFENSE. Just like this one does, and should.
You keep saying that but the league is likely going away from that no matter how much you type in capitals. You act like I am making this stuff up.
I also have said it WASN'T A FAKE SLIDE!! I have said to the defense it appeared to be so and to many others it appeared to be so. Whether it was intentional or not the end result was the same and that is the issue. Even the perception that it could be a slide is enough to change the rule as it gives the QB a huge potential advantage. I never once suggested he did it intentionally. The defense is already at enough disadvantage why risk injuries to the defense by having them slow up in the field of play because of seriously ambiguous rule.