• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Tomlin returning for another season

I have seen QBs running to the sideline get hit inbounds and the defender gets a flag. I have seen QBs run to the sideline and defenders pull up and the QB sneaks in a few extra yards because the defender pulled up. The NFL should simply go back to how it was before. If the QB decides to run then he is like any other player. If they don't want hit they will go down. They won't of course. Watching some QBs get hit while in the pocket and no flags are thrown vs other QBs in the pocket get a flag thrown if they get touched at the discretion of the ref has game-changing implications anymore. When after every play you look around to see if a flag is thrown every time a QB is touched there is something wrong with the game.
I'm by no means in agreement with all of the rules which help protect the NFL quarterback. Some of these cringe-worthy calls are making the game harder and harder to watch. But the slide rule is not one of them. When a QB gives himself up, the play should be over. When a QB hesitates and keeps on moving forward, the play should not be over, and the defender should continue to play defense.

What separates the two? A few seconds or a few one-hundredths of a second?
For the last time, what separates the two is that a hesitation can lead to football moves other than a slide. A start of a slide leads to a slide, and a slide only. Jesus.
Again. You’re talking about professional athletes running upward of 20 mph towards each other. Do you really think that every personal foul for hitting a QB while sliding was because the defensive player had bad intentions?
No.
Not when they BEGIN the slide, they blow the whistle after the fact.
I guess you can't interpret the plain English in this statement, either. "The college rule is different than the NFL rule,” Blandino said. “once you start the slide — once you break down — and your backside starts to go toward the ground. It’s over. The officials are supposed to kill it. End the play. You can’t advance the football. You can’t fumble it. You basically become a defenseless player. And that’s basically what Pickett did."
No more so than many of the other judgement calls.
Much more so. And completely unnecessary. But it's good to know that you'll admit it would be stupid conjecture, just like the rest.

8czdjy.jpg

Last edited:
No. No, my friend, the side view looks just the same. Allen is running full speed ahead, has blockers on each side, than he slows down, plants with his right foot, and cuts to his left as he sees Kazee approaching. A fine football move from a great football player who happens to play quarterback. The NFL is not going to take that kind of play out of the game, nor should they. No matter how much an embarrassed no-name defensive player complains about it while looking for an excuse.
I don't see what you are not seeing. Just don't get it, to me it is obvious that as he slows up he pulls back briefly. There is uproar all over the place about it. I think this will be addressed. We definitely don't see this the same.

It just feels like this team will be in a holding pattern for a few more years. Until he is gone, and his inferior leadership is gone, we can only hope for mediocre football, and no championships.

Come on Mike! Please, please, please prove me wrong. I really want that!

It just feels like this team will be in a holding pattern for a few more years. Until he is gone, and his inferior leadership is gone, we can only hope for mediocre football, and no championships.

A kind of thought/imagination exercise for everyone. Who here in ALL honesty(especially the Tomlin supporters) after watching a game like the Cowboys Packers would ever dream that Tomlin could pull of a win like that? LOL.....it is literally laughing out loud, spit out your drink laughable.

To quote Katt Williams "NOT NEVER!" That is the level of competence you are dealing with. He couldn't do it with the Killer Bs much less now. Every poster on this forum knows it, every fan if they ever for one second thought what I just wrote here knows it.

Tomlin will NEVER pull the playoff upset....the playoff upset will ALWAYS be pulled on him...and that is the main "indictment if you will, when it comes to his body of work."

:ROFLMAO:

Yeah, but the players love him. Who cares about the fans who pay their salaries..

Which makes me want to believe they are playing their hearts out for him.
Thus, the reward is a non-losing season.

This brings out a few questions.
If indeed true they are playing hard for him, does this imply we lack talent and are overachieves?

Imagine if the players were lukewarm or impartial toward Tomlin.
Would we have losing seasons?
Would Rooney finally say enough is enough and fire him?

That bullshit about taking some time and talking things over with his family was a joke. That ****** knew he was coming back next year, hell why not who wouldn't want a few million free dollars for doing a ****** job. I'm so over this piece of **** **********. That also includes the piece of **** ********** that runs this **** show of a team.

I can't even stand to see his smug *** on the sideline, and walking off after the reporter tried to ask about his contract shows his true character, he could have just as easy said I'm not gonna address that at this time.

The only difference between Tomlin and Jim Jones is skin color both were and are smooth talkers that led their followers to a slow painful death. Fifty plus years of bleeding black and gold and today this teams coaching and ownership make me sick.
Amen

That bullshit about taking some time and talking things over with his family was a joke. That ****** knew he was coming back next year, hell why not who wouldn't want a few million free dollars for doing a ****** job. I'm so over this piece of **** **********. That also includes the piece of **** ********** that runs this **** show of a team.

I can't even stand to see his smug *** on the sideline, and walking off after the reporter tried to ask about his contract shows his true character, he could have just as easy said I'm not gonna address that at this time.

The only difference between Tomlin and Jim Jones is skin color both were and are smooth talkers that led their followers to a slow painful death. Fifty plus years of bleeding black and gold and today this teams coaching and ownership make me sick.
This is the gospel...for those that have ears.

I don't see what you are not seeing. Just don't get it, to me it is obvious that as he slows up he pulls back briefly. There is uproar all over the place about it. I think this will be addressed. We definitely don't see this the same.
OK. I can't see it for you.

A kind of thought/imagination exercise for everyone. Who here in ALL honesty(especially the Tomlin supporters) after watching a game like the Cowboys Packers would ever dream that Tomlin could pull of a win like that? LOL.....it is literally laughing out loud, spit out your drink laughable.

To quote Katt Williams "NOT NEVER!" That is the level of competence you are dealing with. He couldn't do it with the Killer Bs much less now. Every poster on this forum knows it, every fan if they ever for one second thought what I just wrote here knows it.

Tomlin will NEVER pull the playoff upset....the playoff upset will ALWAYS be pulled on him...and that is the main "indictment if you will, when it comes to his body of work."

:ROFLMAO:

His only chance is to hire some brilliant minds for OC/DC and position coaches. Then leave them do their ******* jobs.

And you know maybe make players take practice and preparation more serious.

That hasn't happened. They install whatever scheme for the year on offense and defense, then run it no matter what.

This last season when they got rocked by 2-10 at home two weeks in a row completely did me in.

I don't believe them anymore when they spout off that nonsense about winning championships.

Nor I and most of America for you.
Yeah. Most of America. You're ******* delusional.

Most of America will be watching the Chiefs next Sunday, playing in their sixth straight AFCCG. You know, the same team that a month ago you told me was tumbling down the hill and a shell of their former selves?

You can't see shlt.

• Haha
Reactions: GMC
OK. I can't see it for you.

Nor I and most of America for you.

You can't see shlt.

I started reading the last post first and my first reaction was that you guys were talking about Tomlin.

Like most of America, Lebanon can't see Tomlin as being a bad coach.
Topseed says like most of America Lebanon can't see shlt.

I'm not taking sides here, just thought that was funny.

His only chance is to hire some brilliant minds for OC/DC and position coaches. Then leave them do their ******* jobs.

And you know maybe make players take practice and preparation more serious.

That hasn't happened. They install whatever scheme for the year on offense and defense, then run it no matter what.

This last season when they got rocked by 2-10 at home two weeks in a row completely did me in.

I don't believe them anymore when they spout off that nonsense about winning championships.ive
I agree and Mr. Rooney is going to have to dictate offensive philosophy with they OC. It can NOT go through Tomlin's vision which is the same as Stevie Wonder's.

Rooney needs to consult with other NFL people outside the team as far as offensive direction dictated of course by what QB is chosen #1.

As I posted in another thread we also need a big free agent wide receiver to stretch the field. Drops Johnson's and Trippin Pickens disappear for stretches in games. We need a legit #1.

Most of America will be watching the Chiefs next Sunday, playing in their sixth straight AFCCG. You know, the same team that a month ago you told me was tumbling down the hill and a shell of their former selves?

You can't see shlt.
They still are not the same team they were. Mahomes is just a stud. And the have Taylor Power or the league wanting them to win. They won but they didn't make it easy. Hopefully they can win one more. The Bills almost/did benefit from yet another rule that needs changed. One that bit us in the *** a couple years ago. Where do you stand on the endzone fumble through rule?

I’m thinking if doesn’t get a playoff win or two on this contract, he’ll retire by mutual agreement.

I started reading the last post first and my first reaction was that you guys were talking about Tomlin.

Like most of America, Lebanon can't see Tomlin as being a bad coach.
Topseed says like most of America Lebanon can't see shlt.

I'm not taking sides here, just thought that was funny.
What's really funny is that your first reaction isn't too far off. This is the same guy who's also told me that Tomlin can still "turn things around." In his eighteenth year coaching the Steelers.

Last edited:
They still are not the same team they were. Mahomes is just a stud. And the have Taylor Power or the league wanting them to win. They won but they didn't make it easy. Hopefully they can win one more.
Right. The Chiefs, despite playing for a sixth straight AFC Championship after beating Buffalo on the road, are still just a shell of themselves and are clearly the beneficiaries of a conspiracy between Taylor Swift and the NFL league office. Nothing gets past you.
The Bills almost/did benefit from yet another rule that needs changed. One that bit us in the *** a couple years ago. Where do you stand on the endzone fumble through rule?
If you fumble in the field of play, and the ball exits out of the endzone before being recovered by the offensive team, it absolutely should be a touchback. Nothing wrong with that rule; it makes perfect sense. Can't wait to hear why you think it shouldn't be a touchback. God help us.