• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Training camp thread.

Feel free to place updates you read or saw.

What I read out of the gates.

Looks like Austin had a rough day with a concern on his catch radius. Which obviously isn't a concern if you catch the ball. Which he had trouble with day 1. Rust? Or a potential issue?? We'll see

Washington wasn't on the same page with a pass and missed it in limited play.

DJ and McFarland had nice catches from Pickett.

No shocker but Broderick started out of the gates as a second teamer. You will have to earn that start rookie. As expected Big Dot was second team G as well. Looks like Anderson was at RT and not C, too early to read into this knowing his position flexibility.

Dawson is getting early looks inside. An early position battle to keep an eye on.

Rudy the red nosed third stringer had the first INT of training camp.

Riley made some positive plays leaning him in the right direction on making the final 53. But let's see what happens when the pads are on.

Pickens made a nice play on PatPete that would have probably gotten a holding call real time. PatPete had a break up on another play as did Peezy Jr. Who ran stride for stride with Austin down the field. I would not be shocked to see him start out of the gates next to Wallace. Yes my way too much way to early knee jerk prediction.

GREAT post slash and thanks for all the great ones along the way.!!!

Good news to hear Jr. Has speed…….. always a plus on that outside track.

I’m NOT worried on LT Jones, there is a lot of train ing camp to go and I’m thinking he wil be the starter game 1.

Austin needs to show us why we waited a full season. That’s not a diss and I know it is early TC, but we need him to prove the wait.

Salute the nation

No, my point was that the description of the pass as “an absolute dime” is not based on reality. The pass was horrible. This kid has been described by some Steelers homers as a phenom, a sensation, blah blah. The reality is he is mediocre at best until he proves otherwise. I am rooting for him to be the next great Steelers QB. Just too many putting the cart before the horse. He really needs to take a big step forward this season.

I hear yaz Sarge.!!

Too much hype for as little production time he has.

I think all teams fans are guilty of this PRE-hype bull-****.

Salute the nation

I like Kenny, I hope he has a great career but my mind goes to statistical odds. It has zero to do with Kenny the player. How many teams in the league have ever gone from a hall of fame 2 time superbowl winner to another great QB. It just doesn't happen, it almost can't happen. How many teams have never had a great QB let alone 2 consecutive. The only example of 2 good QB in a row I could think of is Favre to Rodgers.
At 42 I realize I've seen the best QB I'll ever see in black and gold and if we never win another in my lifetime I will still feel lucky to have the memories #7 gifted us.

I like Kenny, I hope he has a great career but my mind goes to statistical odds. It has zero to do with Kenny the player. How many teams in the league have ever gone from a hall of fame 2 time superbowl winner to another great QB. It just doesn't happen, it almost can't happen. How many teams have never had a great QB let alone 2 consecutive. The only example of 2 good QB in a row I could think of is Favre to Rodgers.
At 42 I realize I've seen the best QB I'll ever see in black and gold and if we never win another in my lifetime I will still feel lucky to have the memories #7 gifted us.
SF went from Montana to Young.

I’d rather see the Steelers turn the NFL on its head and win with a dominant running game and defense.

Indy was Manning to luck, although Luck had bad luck. Pickett doesn't have to be a hall of famer he just needs to be good. The defense and offensive talent should keep us in games if the coaching staff doesn't crap the bed

Indy was Manning to luck, although Luck had bad luck, though I've had good luck at not paying debts. I still owe Jimmy $50. Know what I have in my pocket that belongs to Jimmy? This:

50_USD_Series_2004_Note_Front.jpg

It happens.
Montana to Young… and for that matter Garcia who replaced young was a multiple time pro bowler…
Farvre to Rodgers
Manning to Luck..
technically phillip rivers replaced Drew brees..
… there was the dude who replaced Staubach for Dallas.. I’m drawing a blank but he took them to a bunch of nfc championships iirc…

Yeah any qb becoming anything but average is super rare so two in a road is difficult to pull off, but it’s doable

It happens.
Montana to Young… and for that matter Garcia who replaced young was a multiple time pro bowler…
Farvre to Rodgers
Manning to Luck..
technically phillip rivers replaced Drew brees..
… there was the dude who replaced Staubach for Dallas.. I’m drawing a blank but he took them to a bunch of nfc championships iirc…

Yeah any qb becoming anything but average is super rare so two in a road is difficult to pull off, but it’s doable
Danny White

Danny White

Yep. Never thought he was any good. He was also their punter for a while, right? I remember he tried a fake punt against the Steelers that they sniffed out and blew up, taking the ball around midfield and getting a TD to put the game away.

Indy was Manning to luck, although Luck had bad luck. Pickett doesn't have to be a hall of famer he just needs to be good. The defense and offensive talent should keep us in games if the coaching staff doesn't crap the bed

Spring Sheeeeeets, could make a difference…………….

Salute the nation

Somebody on X claims they have drone footage of a luxury S10 parked at St. Vincent. No mention of bikini clad girls. It makes that story suspicious. Misinformation.

Those “bikini clad girls” seem to just come out of the WOOD work………..

There are two luxury S10’s running around claiming to be real (had to get an injunction liable suit against the one, name infringement) cool,

BUT

You can tell the real deal by the spelling and respect she deserves…….. LUXURY S10 doesn’t disappoint !!!

AND

Yes, the LUXURY S10 has spent the last 4 days in the St.Vincent area due to clientele request, and to haul Coolie around as he has made it to the finals of the Female Bikini Clad Watermelon Seed spittiN contest. No one noticed he was a man so he never clarified anything to the judges and has seem to prosper in this outstanding field……… Always a winner he is…qAAaaa I mean she is…………………..

Salute the nation

Steelersdepot is reporting Steelers placed Monte the Mullet on the retired list.

That sure didn't last long. At least take it until the end of camp.

Last edited:
Who knows with young people today. Could have easily been a good career opportunity in something else or mental health that is literally an epidemic in young men.

What is Derek Watt doing and is that viable with 4 TEs or could they just cut Gentry or just live with Little Heyward at FB when needed.

What is Derek Watt doing and is that viable with 4 TEs or could they just cut Gentry or just live with Little Heyward at FB when needed.
I think Gentry is making a case to stick. Heyward can be that FB if needed. But I am thinking that position won't be used much if at all.