• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Training camp thread.

NOT a chance in hell that they should even consider bringing back Derrick Watt, brother or not……..
You bring him back and you take a better suited player off the roster and he isn’t worth that possibility.

As little as the FB truly was used, Hayworth can pick that job up fully.

Salute the nation

NOT a chance in hell that they should even consider bringing back Derrick Watt, brother or not……..
You bring him back and you take a better suited player off the roster and he isn’t worth that possibility.

As little as the FB truly was used, Hayworth can pick that job up fully.

Salute the nation
Exactly! this offense, like it or not, is predicated on motion with H-Back or slot WR. There is no need for a Fullback. With the NFL teams building lighter and faster defenses, I'd love to see an OC build a big, ugly, Offense. Can you imagine Bettis or Alstot in today's game? It would look like those videos where the mascots play pee-wee football players. THAT is entertainment!

If Watt is full healthy I definitely expect lore than 12. He in my eyes is DPOY 3 of the last 4 seasons.
If you take out the injury year and say that the record tying season is a once in a career year then I would say 14 sacks from TJ if healthy is a reasonable number. Highsmith in my opinion is just coming into his own. and a 12-16 range is a reasonable guess. But lets say he gets 12 sacks. 26 sacks from your ends is an awesome number.

If you take out the injury year and say that the record tying season is a once in a career year then I would say 14 sacks from TJ if healthy is a reasonable number. Highsmith in my opinion is just coming into his own. and a 12-16 range is a reasonable guess. But lets say he gets 12 sacks. 26 sacks from your ends is an awesome number.
That's where I'd be betting too.

To me between 200 and 250 yards with a strong run game and an aggressive and opportistic defense is pretty tough to beat. But they must get significantly better in red zone. Field goals are three points closer to losing.
I’d venture to guess that the winning percentage of teams rushing for 200+ yards is .900+.

I appreciate that nobody here immediately bumped tge “ Leveon Bell apologizes” thread then started a “Steelers sign RB Bell” thread about them signing Greg Bell… I assure you that there are sites that savagery happened instantaneously with the signing 🤣
There goes that idea!

Great catch. OPI. Peezy JR was right there. These two young bucks are going to be at eachother all training camp.

That’s twice NOW I’ve read Pickems and OPI. He needs to settle down and focus on proper technique Without OPI.

Remember, you need to practice how you play and OPI isn’t how he should be playing………….

Salute the nation

There was one play where a d-line guy was offside giving Mitch a free play and he lofted it up, and Washington came down with it for the TD.

Definitely some RedZone possibilities with this one.

There was one play where a d-line guy was offside giving Mitch a free play and he lofted it up, and Washington came down with it for the TD.

Definitely some RedZone possibilities with this one.

Washington stonewalled Watt twice today. This team is going to be as physical as they've been in a very long time.

I like Kenny, I hope he has a great career but my mind goes to statistical odds. It has zero to do with Kenny the player. How many teams in the league have ever gone from a hall of fame 2 time superbowl winner to another great QB. It just doesn't happen, it almost can't happen. How many teams have never had a great QB let alone 2 consecutive. The only example of 2 good QB in a row I could think of is Favre to Rodgers.
At 42 I realize I've seen the best QB I'll ever see in black and gold and if we never win another in my lifetime I will still feel lucky to have the memories #7 gifted us.
Bingo…

Luck also was the only player I have ever seen that was going to be the first overall pick but passed to stay in school to just improve his draft stock. Guy was a can't miss prospect that after the Manning injury pushed him out the door in favor of maybe the best prospect I have seen in my life at QB.
Watch Bryce Young this year. Same scenario…

Washington stonewalled Watt twice today. This team is going to be as physical as they've been in a very long time.
I just don't know about this guy. What the hell are we going to yell out when he makes a great play?

Waassshhh!!?? Nope...

Darn!!!!??? Nope....

Hi, my name's Larry, this is my brother Darnell, and that's my other brother Darnell. Nope

I really have no idea how he'll succeed as a tight end in the Burgh. I'm thinking trade at this point.

Last edited:
I just don't know about this guy. What the hell are we going to yell out when he makes a great play?

Waassshhh!!?? Nope...

Darn!!!!??? Nope....

Hi, my name's Larry, this is my brother Darnell, and my other brother Darnell!!!! Nope

I really have no idea how he'll succeed as a tight end in the Burgh. I'm thinking trade at this point.

WASH———-rinse———-repeat.!!!

Salute the nation

WASH———-rinse———-repeat.!!!

Salute the nation
iu

I'm really not sure about this DIC. Have you discussed this with Art? I don't think he'll go for it. I mean the kid has talent but,,,, I'm just sorry we were not consulted with earlier.