• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump asks Pittsburgh crowd "How's Joe Paterno?"

That is it.....I am not voting for him.,

Whatever "it" is, it'll blow over - it always does

Whatever "it" is, it'll blow over - it always does

In a general sense, yes it blows over. However, these gaffes piss off a small % of voters. Trump has too many foot in mouth moments which is a reason why his negativity rating is high.

small potatoes compared to...

Headline News!

Bernie's campaign calls Hillary a *****!!!

While Sanders was being introduced at his New York City event today, the surrogate introducing him stated that the crowd shouldn’t vote for Hillary Clinton because too little is accomplished under “corporate Democratic ******.”

http://www.dailynewsbin.com/news/sp...o-hillary-clinton-as-a-corporate-*****/24462/

Uh huh. Yeah, that's it.

Of course saying it to an audience of Pittsburghers who largely despise Penn State also makes little sense, but I'm sure he has some excuse for that too.

Only Pitt fans envy... err, despise Penn State.

Don't you love what you really said?

Trump to Pittsburgh: 'We Are Going to Bring Back Your Coal Industry, Your Steel Industry'

Dude, Pittsburgh's a tech town now, the Steel Mills have been replaces by high-end retail stores and condominiums.

Only Pitt fans envy... err, despise Penn State.

I don't know...rarely met a Penn State fan when I lived in Pittsburgh. The area where I live now (outside Philly) is crawling with the blue and white cult.

Uh huh. Yeah, that's it.

Of course saying it to an audience of Pittsburghers who largely despise Penn State also makes little sense, but I'm sure he has some excuse for that too.

A lotta people from outta tahn assume we are all Penn State fans. Although there are a lot of PSU fans here, there are more Pitt and WVU fans.

small potatoes compared to...

Headline News!

Bernie's campaign calls Hillary a *****!!!

While Sanders was being introduced at his New York City event today, the surrogate introducing him stated that the crowd shouldn’t vote for Hillary Clinton because too little is accomplished under “corporate Democratic ******.”

http://www.dailynewsbin.com/news/sp...o-hillary-clinton-as-a-corporate-*****/24462/

Wow...Sanders is right about something.

From Bus's linky.......in case anyone's still wondering about the source of violence at Trump rallies.........

As his supporters filed out at the end of the rally, they and the protesters engaged in heated verbal confrontations, with supporters chanting "USA!" and "Build that wall!" and protesters shouting profanities. Police in riot gear separated the sides.

Pittsburgh police spokeswoman Emily Schaffer said there were some minor injuries, including to police officers, but she did not have additional details.

Among those hurt was an 18-year-old Trump supporter who was observed being led to an emergency medical services van and receiving treatment after he was pepper-sprayed in the face by a man his friends identified as a protester

I don't know...rarely met a Penn State fan when I lived in Pittsburgh. The area where I live now (outside Philly) is crawling with the blue and white cult.

Penn State turns out several thousand Pittsburgh alumni every year, they're here.

Uh huh. Yeah, that's it.

Because Pittsburgh is in the state of Pennsylvania. People in Cleveland love Ohio State.
Pittsburgh is unique. It didn't dawn on Trump that Pittsburgh has a big time university that over the decades had been spanked by Penn State. Other cities like Cleveland that have cowtown universities such as Cleveland State, love their Ohio State Buckeyes. There is no rivalry there. I imagine Detroit the same way with Michigan or Michigan State.
You really cant bash Trump for that one,

Last edited:
Yeah JoePa was likely a flaming democrat - he's dead. That's how he's doin and don't you forget it. Good message from The Donald.

Just slightly out of touch there trying to bring back the industry to the region. Just goes to show you how the country sees it.

Because Pittsburgh is in the state of Pennsylvania. People in Cleveland love Ohio State.
Pittsburgh is unique. It didn't dawn on Trump that Pittsburgh has a big time university that over the decades had been spanked by Penn State. Other cities like Cleveland that have cowtown universities such as Cleveland State, love their Ohio State Buckeyes. There is no rivalry there. I imagine Detroit the same way with Michigan or Michigan State.
You really cant bash Trump for that one,

Look, the point is you don't just open your mouth and blab out whatever pops into your head. You do research, you have your comments vetted. It's called professionalism. Is this the biggest deal ever? No, it's just one more example of the complete lack of preparation and care this man takes when speaking. And some people seem to think that's a positive trait. It's dangerous, and will be embarrassing for the country if God forbid he ever becomes president.

"How's Joe Paterno?" About a statue? Really? There's no limit to the excuses people will make for this guy.

Any candidate saying they are going to bring back industrial jobs, are lying. It's too cheap to do them outside of our own country. Once they move the plants outside of the country, they're never coming back.

Pittsburgh learned from it. It is now a leading Tech/Health Industry town. Tons of money flowing into the city because if it, and to go back to being an industrial town would be terrible for what Pit has built the last 30 years.