• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump budget to boost defense spending by $54B

Spike

Reaction score
The Trump administration is proposing a budget it says will increase defense spending by $54 billion and cut non-defense spending by the same amount.

The White House is sending a topline budget proposal reflecting those figures to federal agencies on Monday afternoon, according to an Office of Management and Budget official.

“Most federal agencies will see a reduction as a result," the official said, with cuts falling most heavily on “lower priority” programs as well as foreign aid.

The administration “expects the rest of the world to step up in some of the programs this country has been so generous in funding in the past,” the official said when asked about slashing foreign aid.

When asked where the extra $54 billion will be spent, the official said “predominantly it will go to the Pentagon,” but declined to name specific offices.

The budget outline will also call for spending cuts to several federal agencies, including the Environmental Protection Agency.

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/321315-trump-budget-to-boost-defense-spending-by-54b

------------------

Riots....3...2...1

Budget Legislation Likely to Launch NASA Above Climate Politics

The U.S. Senate recently passed a NASA Transition Act of 2017 to cut the agency’s funding for global warming "research" and get back to focusing upon space exploration priorities NASA was originally created to pursue. The bill will very likely be passed the in the House and signed into law by the president.

Senior Trump campaign advisor and former Republican Rep. Bob Walker told the Guardian that there is no need for NASA to do what he previously described to be “politically correct environmental monitoring." Instead, "We see NASA in an exploration role in deep space research . . . Earth-centric science is better placed at other agencies where it is their prime mission."

Walker added that while he believes that climate research is necessary, " it has been heavily politicized, which has determined a lot of the work that researchers have been doing. Mr Trump’s decisions will be based upon solid science, not politicized science."

http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=775737

------------------

Riots + Looting

just wait... the Dems absolutely WILL **** on this because...

16938551_10154541149118250_3338593857350673264_n.jpg

they're upset about that.

Trump budget plan will not cut Social Security, Medicare

U.S. President Donald Trump's first budget proposal will spare big social welfare programs such as Social Security and Medicare from any cuts, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said in an interview broadcast on Sunday.

Mnuchin said Trump would use a major policy speech to a joint session of Congress on Tuesday night to preview some elements of his sweeping plans to cut taxes for the middle class, simplify the tax system and make American companies more globally competitive with lower rates and changes to encourage U.S. manufacturing.

Speaking on Fox News Channel's "Sunday Morning Futures" program, Mnuchin, who has acknowledged that tax reform is his top policy priority, said the budget plan would not seek cuts to federal benefits programs known as "entitlements."

"We are not touching those now. So don't expect to see that as part of this budget, OK," Mnuchin said of the programs, according to a transcript provided by Fox. "We are very focused on other aspects and that's what's very important to us. And that's the president's priority."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-economy-idUSKBN1650LL

Trump budget plan will not cut Social Security, Medicare

U.S. President Donald Trump's first budget proposal will spare big social welfare programs such as Social Security and Medicare from any cuts, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said in an interview broadcast on Sunday.

Mnuchin said Trump would use a major policy speech to a joint session of Congress on Tuesday night to preview some elements of his sweeping plans to cut taxes for the middle class, simplify the tax system and make American companies more globally competitive with lower rates and changes to encourage U.S. manufacturing.

Speaking on Fox News Channel's "Sunday Morning Futures" program, Mnuchin, who has acknowledged that tax reform is his top policy priority, said the budget plan would not seek cuts to federal benefits programs known as "entitlements."

"We are not touching those now. So don't expect to see that as part of this budget, OK," Mnuchin said of the programs, according to a transcript provided by Fox. "We are very focused on other aspects and that's what's very important to us. And that's the president's priority."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-economy-idUSKBN1650LL

Thank god. I work for a nursin home company and our industry has been crushed with reimbursement rates lately. Another hit would have ****** those in need and ended me.

States Rights!

Donald Trump to Governors: We’re Giving Power Back to the States

President Donald Trump promised a large crowd of American governors that he would work to redirect power from the federal government to the states. “We’re going to give you back a lot of the powers that have been taken away from states and great people and great governors, and you can control it better than the federal government because you’re right on top of it,” Trump said.

The president delivered a speech at the National Governors Association meeting on Monday.

He explained that more states needed to compete for the best solutions around the country, citing the importance of citizens holding their state governors accountable.

Over the weekend, Trump said he met with Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker and Florida Governor Rick Scott to discuss Obamacare.

“We’re going to repeal and replace Obamacare and get states the flexibility that they need to make the end result really, really good for them,” he said.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/02/27/donald-trump-governors-giving-power-back-states/

Trump Effect

DOJ drops lawsuit against Texas' voter ID law

“After six years of legal wrangling, the Justice Department will no longer argue that Texas intentionally sought to discriminate against minorities when it passed the law that mandates voters show certain forms of identification before casting a ballot.”

Attorneys: Trump administration says it will drop federal government's opposition to strict Texas voter ID law.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/836276697091670016

Ah yes.... more tanks and missiles.... just what we need. I wonder how much of that $54B will be getting kicked back to all the congressmen and senators that vote for it.

Ah yes.... more tanks and missiles.... just what we need. I wonder how much of that $54B will be getting kicked back to all the congressmen and senators that vote for it.

I'm a Budget Chief at a DoD R&D base....we got an additional $200M this year in our portfolio when they amended the FY17 PB last week. WHOOT!!!! Freedom is back on the menu folks.

remember when you were complaining that Bush sent our military into Iraq and Afghanistan with subpar equipment, such as ****** low budget kevlar vests and their families were having to buy, package and ship this **** to them and Obama didn't do jack **** to correct this even though he feigned faux rage about it? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

or to Union people who actually build the tanks and ships?

The Federal Government is spending money to maintain a military, a legitimate function of the Federal Government that is granted by the Constitution. If I were you I would instead whine about all the entitlement programs and bureaucracies the Feds have no business being in.

Secondly, a startling fact is that there are more than twice the number of employees working for government than there is in all of manufacturing in the US, and that includes farming, fishing, and forestry.

Government makes nothing. It produces nothing.

Would not this military budget increase provide jobs in which things will be manufactured, which in turn provide more REAL jobs, which in turn would help stimulate the economy?

I don't pretend to be an economist, so correct me if I'm wrong.

but wait, there's more

White House Proposes Cutting State Department Budget by One-Third

The Trump administration is proposing to cut spending by 37% for the State Department and U.S. Agency for International Development budget

President Donald Trump is developing a federal budget that officials said would add more than $50 billion to the base defense budget. The increase would be made possible by significant cuts elsewhere, officials said on Monday, particularly to the State Department and its foreign aid division.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...ing-state-department-budget-by-one-third.html

The Federal Government is spending money to maintain a military, a legitimate function of the Federal Government that is granted by the Constitution. If I were you I would instead whine about all the entitlement programs and bureaucracies the Feds have no business being in.

Secondly, a startling fact is that there are more than twice the number of employees working for government than there is in all of manufacturing in the US, and that includes farming, fishing, and forestry.

Would not this military budget increase provide jobs in which things will be manufactured, which in turn provide more REAL jobs, which in turn would help stimulate the economy?

I would suggest that it is not "granted" by the Constitution but "required" by it...

Seems like foreign aid would be an easy place to find an excess of more than $54B.

Build new military bases in states along the borders. Remove the service members in places like Germany (or England and France and Spain if any are there), but I keep those in S Korea, Maybe Japan. Put those newly found service members in the new bases. Borders are protected by the military as it should be,

Yeah, yeah, removing forces from Germany will let Russia run free. Hey, the 1980's called they want their foreign policy back.

Build new military bases in states along the borders.

WE don't need to build any more bases - there are dozens already along the border from TX to Cali.

just bring the troops home

WE don't need to build any more bases - there are dozens already along the border from TX to Cali.

just bring the troops home

I have no idea how many there are or if they could house all of them or if they are even in good repair. Good job for the Sea Bees.

So stimulus is good now..... got it.

So stimulus is good now..... got it.

Stimulus could always be good except the "stimulus" we have seen TARP under W and whateverthefuck that Obama got was not "stimulus" it was payoffs. Remember the shovel ready jobs that turned out not to be so shovel ready. Remember how funny that was?

Theoretically, government spending versus an equal amount in a tax cut would produce the same economic result. Realism shows this to not be true.

This goes back to an undeniable truth: People spend their money for their economic benefit, government spends other people's money for political benefit.

Budget Legislation Likely to Launch NASA Above Climate Politics

The U.S. Senate recently passed a NASA Transition Act of 2017 to cut the agency’s funding for global warming "research" and get back to focusing upon space exploration priorities NASA was originally created to pursue. The bill will very likely be passed the in the House and signed into law by the president.

This is pretty exciting.