• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump indicted: Espionage Act

Where is your concern about the man IN OFFICE who is even less comprehensible when he speaks? Rip Trump all you want but let's be honest between Trump, Biden and Fetterman, Trump is the best speaker. Not great but better than those two. I would like to see a competency test for all federal level jobs. I don't give a **** if that offends an old person or someone like Fetterman but we need bright alert people with some basic cognition running this country. Not a bunch of senile old power mongers and drunks.
When Trump is incoherent it’s because he is weaving a tangled web of deceit. Trump is a narcissistic, vindictive, delusional sociopath. You have got to be out of your ******* mind to believe a person like him is suited to be POTUS.

I can't believe people are arguing who is better suited for office.....Biden or Trump. I can only laugh at this point.
Or be incredibly saddened that these may end up being our choices. But it's just become too easy. Maybe we don't deserve better.

It's heartbreaking that these are our choices. In the interview with Bret Baier, Trump stepped on every rake Baier laid down. The guy needs to 1) stop talking and 2) stop thinking he is the smartest, most awesomest, Mr. Wonderful to walk the Earth. This guy's ego is causing him as much problems as anything else.

We have to demand better from our candidates and better from our government. Elections season is becoming pitiful at best.

It's heartbreaking that these are our choices. In the interview with Bret Baier, Trump stepped on every rake Baier laid down. The guy needs to 1) stop talking and 2) stop thinking he is the smartest, most awesomest, Mr. Wonderful to walk the Earth. This guy's ego is causing him as much problems as anything else.

We have to demand better from our candidates and better from our government. Elections season is becoming pitiful at best.
I wonder if it is because we as a country just aren't serious anymore. People know way more about whoever the hell the latest pop star is then they do about history, for example. Or how this country was formed and the whys behind things. Politics has increasingly become like it was when we were 9 years old on the playground. Kid says something, then it's the get back, then the get back to the get back. And round and round we go and nothing gets accomplished.

Where is your concern about the man IN OFFICE who is even less comprehensible when he speaks? Rip Trump all you want but let's be honest between Trump, Biden and Fetterman, Trump is the best speaker. Not great but better than those two. I would like to see a competency test for all federal level jobs. I don't give a **** if that offends an old person or someone like Fetterman but we need bright alert people with some basic cognition running this country. Not a bunch of senile old power mongers and drunks.
I don't believe it should offend any old person, because the issue is not age, but mental and physical competence. There are lots of 80-year-olds that still move easily and without a cognitive decline. In Bidens case, he just happens to be 80.

I wonder if it is because we as a country just aren't serious anymore. People know way more about whoever the hell the latest pop star is then they do about history, for example. Or how this country was formed and the whys behind things. Politics has increasingly become like it was when we were 9 years old on the playground. Kid says something, then it's the get back, then the get back to the get back. And round and round we go and nothing gets accomplished.
Well, yeah, that’s part of it. Look at Trump. People love him because he “owns the libs.” Never mind he sounds like an idiot with a 5th grade vocabulary.

As far as popular culture, I suspect celebrity has always been tonic to the masses. Hell, in the 80’s I knew as much about hair metal as I did about anything. I was a kid and really didn’t care about politics until I was in my 30’s.

Yup, coming soon to a town or city near you. That sound you hear is the air escaping from the Trump bubble, as millions around the country slowly wake up from a years-long, collective psychosis. Welcome back, fellas. Nice to see you slowly returning to the right side of sanity. We’ve missed you. 🙏

I think the poor old guy just needed a ride?

Well, yeah, that’s part of it. Look at Trump. People love him because he “owns the libs.” Never mind he sounds like an idiot with a 5th grade vocabulary.

As far as popular culture, I suspect celebrity has always been tonic to the masses. Hell, in the 80’s I knew as much about hair metal as I did about anything. I was a kid and really didn’t care about politics until I was in my 30’s.
Sure it has. But as you said, you started to mature and care about important things. Look around, a lot of 40 and 50 year olds are as addicted to their phones as teenagers. I'm 56. I had a co-worker, older than me, tell me he has gotten into tic toc. I don't know. Maybe I'm just old but it doesn't seem good.

As per Trump...well said. Because he "owns the libs" people don't really listen to what he says or if it's feasible. He just told them off. Whoopee!! Like jim Jordan, or Trey Gowdy before...righteous indignation and not much if anything changes. The other side does it a little different, but it's the similar in the end. They are just so damn smart! Obama would say word salads in his speeches, but oh, it sounded good.

When Trump does something its "yeah but Biden...." When Biden does something its "yeah but Trump....." The bottom line is they are both not suitable to be running the country for various reasons. 0

When Trump does something its "yeah but Biden...." When Biden does something its "yeah but Trump....." The bottom line is they are both not suitable to be running the country for various reasons. 0
Yep, it would be nice to have younger and more articulate candidates, but I fear it will come down to Trump and Biden. Trump's a child but does have fiscal policies I can support. Biden on the other hand, simply no longer has the mental stamina for the job, and I honestly question if he's calling the shots anyway.

When Trump is incoherent it’s because he is weaving a tangled web of deceit. Trump is a narcissistic, vindictive, delusional sociopath. You have got to be out of your ******* mind to believe a person like him is suited to be POTUS.
God save the Queen

But he already was POTUS. Doesn't appear that those attributes were detrimental to the country, or toward his job as president. He did a lot of good things.
The only ones affected by his personality were demonrats and you pansy *** liberals.

Sure it has. But as you said, you started to mature and care about important things. Look around, a lot of 40 and 50 year olds are as addicted to their phones as teenagers. I'm 56. I had a co-worker, older than me, tell me he has gotten into tic toc. I don't know. Maybe I'm just old but it doesn't seem good.

As per Trump...well said. Because he "owns the libs" people don't really listen to what he says or if it's feasible. He just told them off. Whoopee!! Like jim Jordan, or Trey Gowdy before...righteous indignation and not much if anything changes. The other side does it a little different, but it's the similar in the end. They are just so damn smart! Obama would say word salads in his speeches, but oh, it sounded good.
I'll admit that I look at tik tok. I don't post anything, but I like the military and cooking videos, and there is some funny stuff on there sometimes. But you are absolutely correct that there are some middle-aged people on there clout chasing. I don't understand that need for validation from people you'll never meet.

Look, Trump has some great policy ideas, and it is really the only appealing thing about him. With this documents thing, I think his ego will be his end. Baier made him look foolish a few times. And the more Trump talks, the deeper the hole gets. He's walking a fine line and could very well end up incriminating himself. He has about 35% of the country in his pocket no matter what he does. Guy could walk out into the street, shoot somebody and that 35% would say "Well the dude shouldn't have been standing there." It is what it is, but it speaks as much about the electorate as it does Trump.

Wish both the GOP and Democrats would move on from Trump/Biden.

Would love to see a centrist Republican with a steady, calm demeanor, who can recapture the party from MAGA extremists.

Would love to see a centrist Democrat with a steady, calm demeanor, who can recapture the party from wigged-out, far-left extremists.

Someone from either party, with the intelligence and effervescence to recapture our imagination, get rid of the bad juju, bring Americans together and help harness our vast potential heading into the next century.

America - and Americans - deserves as much.

Tired of choosing the lesser of two evils in making political decisions. It **** ing sucks.

Last edited:

Would love to see a centrist Republican with a steady, calm demeanor, who can recapture the party from MAGA extremists.

Would love to see a centrist Democrat with a steady, calm demeanor, who can recapture the party from wigged-out, far-left extremists.

Someone from either party, with the intelligence and effervescence to recapture our imagination, get rid of the bad juju, bring Americans together and help harness our vast potential heading into the next century.

Tired of choosing the lesser of two evils in making political decisions. It **** ing sucks.
But what is this "centrist" Republican you speak of? As I have stated, I'm 56, so I've been around awhile. In my lifetime a "centrist" Republican has been one who is Democrat lite, more or less. Often these "centrist" Democrats end up being very liberal. Right there is part of the reason for Trump, don't underestimate that.

I consider myself a conservative Christian. You won't be seeing me at any Trump rallies. I did not vote for him in the 2016 primaries, but I did in both Presidential elections, and I felt, as you said, I was picking the lesser of two evils. The idiocy we are seeing from the left solidifies that for me. However, I will be forever thankful to him for nominating who he did to the Supreme Court who seem willing to protect the unborn and 2nd Amendment rights. Am I some kind of MAGA extremist? See, I felt protecting the unborn and the 2nd Amendment were very important long before Donald Trump, but now I get thrown into "MAGA extremist."

There are lots and lots of people out there like me who in some way feel unrepresented, but if forced into a choice between Donald Trump and who knows what, will have to hold our noses and vote for Trump. That hardly makes me a "MAGA extremist."

I'll admit that I look at tik tok. I don't post anything, but I like the military and cooking videos, and there is some funny stuff on there sometimes. But you are absolutely correct that there are some middle-aged people on there clout chasing. I don't understand that need for validation from people you'll never meet.

Look, Trump has some great policy ideas, and it is really the only appealing thing about him. With this documents thing, I think his ego will be his end. Baier made him look foolish a few times. And the more Trump talks, the deeper the hole gets. He's walking a fine line and could very well end up incriminating himself. He has about 35% of the country in his pocket no matter what he does. Guy could walk out into the street, shoot somebody and that 35% would say "Well the dude shouldn't have been standing there." It is what it is, but it speaks as much about the electorate as it does Trump.
That's true for a lot of Trump people. The difference is that if Trump would do that, he would rightfully be arrested.

If Biden would do it, or Obama or whatever, their fanatics would have the same reaction, guy shouldn't have been there. However, they wouldn't get arrested.

While I agree that the electorate has become lazy and lack seriousness, a great many of them are pissed off because of the above. Lazy, uninformed and pissed is not a recipe for success.

Tulsi Gabbard and Ron DeSantis.