• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Trump's Speech From the Ellipse

JMM

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
I had not heard it in its entirety and wanted to hear where he told everyone to riot. Sounds like he was trying to lay out his case. If you have not listened to it, please do so, even if you can't stand the guy. He presented his case and lays out guidelines for ensuring election integrity which we had better obtain in short order or else we are all in big trouble.

I was thinking what the heck can I do to ensure we can be confident in our election results and I'm going to really do the only thing possible and that's to write my state representatives. I'll lay out the case for:

Voter ID which includes citizenship and residence crosscheck
Mail-in ballots to be restricted to those who cannot go to the polls due to sickness, travel, etc. (it was a pretty common list in most states prior to this year)
Mail-in ballots are to be received in time to be counted prior to the poll counting.
Voter to receive a receipt upon submitting their ballot to include:
-Submission Number for that machine
-Date and Time
-The candidate names and/or issues the voter selected
-Current tally from that machine for transparency

I have my doubts it will do any good but sitting on my *** doing nothing but complaining assures nothing will come of it.

Unfortunately, voting methods might be this century's gerrymandering.

And by that I mean, when one party has "control" of a state's legislature and governor, they will pass voting laws and methods that favor their side. Just like they currently gerrymander (when in power) to favor their side.

Both sides are going to do it. And because each individual state is in charge of their voting methods (the Constitution really does keep the federal government out of it on purpose)., then you will see liberal states continue to push for more and more ways to vote - early voting, mail-in voting for any reason, no ID requirements, etc. And you will see conservative states try to pass more restrictive voting methods. You will notice this is happening because the most extremes of these voting laws will end up in the court system, where PERHAPS, the conservative supreme court will reign it in a bit.

But until that happens, expect voting to be as controversial as gerrymandering is. And just like gerrymandering, you just have to deal with it. We don't stop voting because gerrymandering exists. And we shouldn't stop voting because states will have a wide variety of voting methods, some strict, some lax.

What about states that primarily use mail in ballots...

Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Utah, and Washington – conduct what are commonly referred to as all-mail elections. In these states, voting is conducted primarily, although not necessarily exclusively, by mail.

States are responsible for conducting elections....now you want to regulate states rights?

Also, all those things Trump alleged in his speech...proven false, lies, untruths. Sorry.

You lost, get over it. :)

Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Utah, and Washington – conduct what are commonly referred to as all-mail elections. In these states, voting is conducted primarily, although not necessarily exclusively, by mail.

States are responsible for conducting elections....now you want to regulate states rights?

Also, all those things Trump alleged in his speech...proven false, lies, untruths. Sorry.

I live in Oregon and mail in works good because: 1) It's mail in only. No in person voting at all. 2) They start processing the ballots about a week before the election. 3) The USPS tells the state of the drop dead date for which you can mail your ballot in. And if you can't make it by that date there are secure drop boxes where you can deposit your ballot.

The only thing I would change is I think the state should give each eligible voter a unique PIN number.

So the 125% voter return in Detroit is false? Can you send me a link? Just asking for a friend.

If he lost legitimately, fine, great, I wish Biden luck but if there was stuff going on behind the scenes it would behoove us all to get it sorted out. Too late for this administration but elections that we can depend on are a must. The only ones who could be against upholding election reform would be those who know the only way to win is to cheat. Just like the Pats.

I see what you did with the regulation thing there. Good jab. Yes if there's a regulation I'd pull for its for voter integrity. Its only as good as whatever/whoever is regulating it, though. Most other regulations can be tossed out the window. Except Federal Aviation Regulations and those that revolve around the handling of nuclear material.. Probably best to keep most of those.

You take care of yourself. Good talking with you.

factual reporting in the right wing echo chamber...thanks OFTB

At least Mitt Romney had the balls to tell it like it is, Trump and others who are supporting his claims of widespread electoral fraud are lying, for their own personal, political and financial gains.

You guys make me sad....I’ve been here since we were all at the old Steelers.com bb....back when you couldn’t say rumor, ticket...back when Justin was getting tackled by Loyal Fan and Tom Coryea had a purse...

I don’t even know where we go from here.

factual reporting in the right wing echo chamber...thanks OFTB

At least Mitt Romney had the balls to tell it like it is, Trump and others who are supporting his claims of widespread electoral fraud are lying, for their own personal, political and financial gains.

You guys make me sad....I’ve been here since we were all at the old Steelers.com bb....back when you couldn’t say rumor, ticket...back when Justin was getting tackled by Loyal Fan and Tom Coryea had a purse...

I don’t even know where we go from here.

Forbes...Yes..That's right up there with the Huffington Post. I keed, I keed

3, I thought I knew everyone from back in the day. Not to say you were not there, I just don't remember you. Sorry . I wish you well in the next few years. I hope the future is kind to you and yours.

But getting back to the video...I'm still not seeing where it was a call to arms that the media is claiming it to be. Please explain where he called for violence.