• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

UFOs

Vader, your current understanding of science is impressive. What if it is not enough?
What if there is a science that we have not discovered yet?
This is the study of physics. There are branches like quantum mechanics. However, as long as your talking about aliens in this universe the principles of physics still must apply. There is no "other" science that can replace physics. People may call it other things but it still breaks down into the laws that apply to moving objects in space getting beyond or equal to light speed. That's physics.

Just BTW I'm not saying we can't learn more and advance further. I disagree with huge amounts of scientific literature from abiogenesis to planetary evolution. Some of it we just don't know or understand. But some physics is observable and testable. Einstein could see light bending around the sun during the solar eclipse (he didn't see it first hand but it was shown to him). He knew the curvature and calculated the amount of bending before it was even witnessed.

One more thing for you science junkies... physics cannot calculate the one way speed of light. When you shoot light off of a mirror like the reflectors left on the moon during the Apollo missions, you can measure the photons when they come back. But we can only measure it on it's two way path. There is no way to measure the one way speed because there is no way to synchronize clocks and move them. It's assumed the two way speed is 186,282 MPS but that is an assumption.

. It's assumed the two way speed is 186,282 MPS but that is an assumption.
I always thought it was 186,982 MPS but, I'll take your word for it.

Good stuff, gents. Vader, you have a vast understanding of physics that makes my head hurt. Like quantum mechanics/quantum gravity does.

But I think in the end, it all comes down to this: everybody just needs to be going ludicrous speed.

Good stuff, gents. Vader, you have a vast understanding of physics that makes my head hurt. Like quantum mechanics/quantum gravity does.

But I think in the end, it all comes down to this: everybody just needs to be going ludicrous speed.

Actually triple ludicrous speed × infinity...haha. This is such a good learning environment sometimes. Vader certainly knows his stuff.

Maybe we could get our backup QB Dobbs in here. This is in his wheelhouse of expertise.

I love science. I'm no Einstein but I understand the basics of it. Thanks for your kind words.
I always thought it was 186,982 MPS but, I'll take your word for it.
The speed of light is 299,792 kps so that converts to 186,282 mps or 670,616,629 mph.

The speed of light is 299,792 kps so that converts to 186,282 mps or 670,616,629 mph.
You're right. I stand corrected. I went over my calculations again. I forgot to carry the 1.

There are a tremendous amount of assumptions going around in here.
Whatever these things are, we don't know that they are manned with anything organic. They statements that have been made regarding the speed and change of direction being way more than anything organic could handle would lead me to believe that maybe these things are not manned. At least not in the way we would think.
We don't know that they even come from another planet, heck maybe whatever 'it' or 'they' is have been here all along.
I think we as humans think we so much when in reality we don't know ****.
Its easy to say this or that isn't possible because of science and the shear size of space. There could be more to the story, much more.
Something from another planet doesn't have to be like us. Maybe they can handle 25,000 g's, don't need oxygen, and drink sugar water.

I can feel my brains going into my feet

Something from another planet doesn't have to be like us. Maybe they can handle 25,000 g's, don't need oxygen, and drink sugar water.

Exactly. Heck for all we know, these objects could have intelligence and made of who knows what.

I was maybe 10? living in Ohio. A huge round bright light came from nowhere into what I thought was our back yard. It was there
for about 1 minute then it just went crazy fast to the left and disappeared. My mom and 2 brothers saw this with me. turns out alot of the city saw the same thing. Over 300 people reported seeing this to the news or the police. it was never explained what it was. But to this day I have never seen anything move like that.

I believe in ufos.

My grandma and grandfather were very down to earth and my gpap had been a navigator in the army. One day they went to pick us up some pizza and on the way back they saw hovering lights just above the horizon. Then they just zoomed off into nothing. Neither one knows what it was, but they both saw the same thing. My one uncle had access to area 51. Unfortunately i am not close with him at all, but he won't talk about that stuff even too his family. Some of his other stories though seem straight out of spy movie stuff. He was a nuclear chemist with government clearances in a few countries. People either tried to spy on him or make sure he was not a spy

My grandma and grandfather were very down to earth and my gpap had been a navigator in the army. One day they went to pick us up some pizza and on the way back they saw hovering lights just above the horizon. Then they just zoomed off into nothing. Neither one knows what it was, but they both saw the same thing. My one uncle had access to area 51. Unfortunately i am not close with him at all, but he won't talk about that stuff even too his family. Some of his other stories though seem straight out of spy movie stuff. He was a nuclear chemist with government clearances in a few countries. People either tried to spy on him or make sure he was not a spy
You only need one clearance. I had a substantial clearance when I was stationed in England, and although I did TDY's all over Europe I never had to gain additional clearances for the different countries I was in. And for the record, if your clearance is high enough, the government is always watching, listening. It's par for the course.

You only need one clearance. I had a substantial clearance when I was stationed in England, and although I did TDY's all over Europe I never had to gain additional clearances for the different countries I was in. And for the record, if your clearance is high enough, the government is always watching, listening. It's par for the course.

My nephew was the team leader for his SF unit. He had to tell me to not talk with him about bug out bags, governmental shenanigans, etc. on text or phone. It was weird to have to remember that.

But to this day I have never seen anything move like that.

There weren't any bright lights, but when I was around 18 (about '95), 2 friends and I saw some sort of object in the sky mid-day in rural Riverside County CA that moved like something out of a sci-fi movie. It was oddly shaped (not like the disc-shaped object many people claim to see) but it didn't look like any aircraft I had ever seen before or ever seen since. It made like almost a quick 90 degree move twice before we either lost track of it or it just plain disappeared. I couldn't gauge exactly how far away it really was but we heard no sound.

I've never seen anything remotely like it since and it was back in a time we were probably a little "dazed and confused", but I'll never forget it. We had to take a few minutes to process what we saw I think mainly because it happened in the middle of a clear day, completely caught off guard. I remember other people in the area seeing something similar but it didn't make any waves in the regional news or anything like that. I'm a pretty practical person but I can't even remotely explain what it could've possibly been. I understand there are many objects in the sky that don't look like typical aircraft, but it was just the way it moved that blew our minds. And we saw a lot of different aircraft at that time because we lived near an Air Force Base (March AFB). I don't watch any UFO stuff or give it much thought except for a time when I was interested in Bob Lazar's story because he claimed he got his graduate degree at Caltech where I had worked at one point.

Never seen or even heard of others close to me seeing anything remotely like it since though and it's been over 25 years so dunno WTF.

*Cue Pink Floyd's "Is there anybody out there?"

P.S. I heard some Hungarian was abducted and anally probed by one, but I can't corroborate that. Oh wait, that was Joe Xiden who probed him on one of his overseas trips.

My nephew was the team leader for his SF unit. He had to tell me to not talk with him about bug out bags, governmental shenanigans, etc. on text or phone. It was weird to have to remember that.

My dad's cousin was a high-level clearance guy (was in the Pentagon on 9/11 but on opposite side) and he told me the same.

P.S. I heard

You know the drill by now. Get out a pen and get cracking on this. Don't forget you can check multiple boxes, in your case, probably all of them. That's okay, that's what the form is for.

1622570611952.png

I see your Swartz is as big as mine. Also, Wookies and Sasquatch are the same thing.

My one uncle had access to area 51. Unfortunately i am not close with him at all, but he won't talk about that stuff even too his family.

Maybe he might still loan you $50, jitter$50? You could ask.