• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

UFOs

I was maybe 10? living in Ohio. A huge round bright light came from nowhere into what I thought was our back yard. It was there
for about 1 minute then it just went crazy fast to the left and disappeared. My mom and 2 brothers saw this with me. turns out alot of the city saw the same thing. Over 300 people reported seeing this to the news or the police. it was never explained what it was. But to this day I have never seen anything move like that.

I believe in ufos.
I believe that was probably Tim Tebow.

Also again the mathematical possibility of even finding the earth among the 100 to 400 BILLION stars (not planets, just stars) in just the milky way galaxy is mind blowing.
Which is the same argument used to defend the notion that we haven't actually ever left the planet (IE the moon landing hoax.) The theory points out, that the sun is moving impossibly fast through the universe, and the earth is moving impossibly fast around the sun and the moon is moving impossibly fast around the earth.

To leave the earth, you'd almost instantly be utterly incapable to keeping up with the sun, earth and moon, much less flying around, navigating and actually trying to land.

Can you imagine parking your car on a parallel spot that is whizzing by the freeway at about 200,000 miles an hour?

And as Vader points out, such feats are physics impossibilities.

And as Vader points out, such feats are physics impossibilities.
Oh. C'MON! That was some grade A trolling. And Vader won't even condescend to respond?

Dammit. Troll gotta EAT!

To hell with all of your facts, when I first saw this I knew it was true:

iu

Just like this:

iu

• Haha
Reactions: MTC
This movie scared the living **** out of me as a kid.

"Invasion of the Body Snatchers" (think it's '78 version), did it for me. And the '82 version of "The Thing" didn't help.

"Invasion of the Body Snatchers" (think it's '78 version), did it for me. And the '82 version of "The Thing" didn't help.

Carpenter's The Thing is awesome.

Two movies that worked for me: Alien (1979) and Phantasm (1979).

My wife is not a fan of scary movies. Rented VHS tape of Alien after we were married, explained that it is a very good movie, great script and characters. She could not make it through the opening credits - the music was too scary.

Carpenter's The Thing is awesome.

Two movies that worked for me: Alien (1979) and Phantasm (1979).

My wife is not a fan of scary movies. Rented VHS tape of Alien after we were married, explained that it is a very good movie, great script and characters. She could not make it through the opening credits - the music was too scary.

Oh man, forgot about them. Loved them both. Phantasm's main theme song is a good one IMO. These movies weren't so good, but "Dead Silence" and "Candyman" have great main theme songs as well IMO. The little wind-up music box at the start of Dead Silence, nice touch.

The new report https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/03/us/politics/ufos-sighting-alien-spacecraft-pentagon.html

Some interesting things such as almost daily from summer 2014 to March 2015 there were sightings by the navy on the east coast. There was almost a collision with one of these objects which led to an official mishap report being filed.

The program studied over 120 incidents reported in the last 20yrs. Most were reported by military personnel. The way the report reads it seems like the objects were physically real and not just lighting or radar blips.

Is it possible that other countries developed hypersonic aircraft without us knowing? Could we have developed such aircraft? Even if it was top secret you would think the military would be somewhat in the know and not have the videos and stuff leak out to the public.

Is it possible that other countries developed hypersonic aircraft without us knowing? Could we have developed such aircraft? Even if it was top secret you would think the military would be somewhat in the know and not have the videos and stuff leak out to the public.

According to senior administration officials with knowledge of the forthcoming report, however, the briefing only appears to confirm the UAP aren’t products of U.S. military or government technology, per a New York Times preview published June 3. That the Pentagon can’t conclusively eliminate other possible explanations for observations of the mysterious aircraft means the popular alien theory remains in play—for now.

E2_47CXXEAAGJtT

Here is what I anticipate- According to senior administration officials with knowledge of the forthcoming report, the aliens visitors were here to deliver Earth a grave warning. Global Warming is real. Follow the science. Trust your leaders. White Supremacy is evil. The highly advanced alien race was stagnant until they got beyond that whole 2 genders thing. Now there are 246 alien genders and they can time travel. Trust your leaders.

Alien theme during opening credits got her:

She did not make it to the completion of the word "Alien" in the credits.

It's probably good she stopped then, seeing that she may have been traumatized for life after seeing an Alien burst out of John Hurt's chest and them bashing Ian Holm's dome with a fire extinguisher until yellow liquid spurted into the air. I may be a little fuzzy on the details there as it's been a long time since I've seen it, but damn, something you don't forget.

It's probably good she stopped then, seeing that she may have been traumatized for life after seeing an Alien burst out of John Hurt's chest and them bashing Ian Holm's dome with a fire extinguisher until yellow liquid spurted into the air. I may be a little fuzzy on the details there as it's been a long time since I've seen it, but damn, something you don't forget.

No doubt. Some just do not like scary movies. I love them. Always have. Some memorable scenes (you need to re-watch):
  • Giant oozing thing jumps onto John Hurt's face.
  • Tom Skerrit in the air vents looking for the alien and then deciding he wants to get the hell out, turns the flamethrower around ...
  • Sigourney Weaver in the shuttle, sees an unwanted visitor.
Awesome movie. One of the best.