• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

US Capitol breached

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I work 30hr/week and yes you are correct I walk between 30,000 and 40,000 steps in a 6 hr shift. Not bad for an almost 65 yr old, It's called Sort 0 here. DSD8
Pretty huge facility, Fairly new,

I decided to take personal time off tonight, Just not in the mood.
You have a great night!
ABQ1 here. Definitely not a bad thing for Albuquerque it brought some much needed jobs to the area.

Easy peazy

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Pffft, walking? What a *****. Try lifting weights. :LOL:

But really, walking 13+ miles a day is pretty amazing. For anybody that thinks walking 13 miles (MTC's minimum) is no big deal, go try it. It's a half-marathon - go ahead. Unless you have a damn good pair of running shoes and are in really, really good shape, get ready to quit at about the 6-mile mark.
7DF88C8F-AD8E-4B67-9D69-0B702A1B8B9D.jpeg
This was a typical tuesday. My body is pretty much used to it. I have a pretty good work schedule. Wednesdays and weekends off.

I do take care of myself though. Diet and exercise at home

SanDiegoSteeler

Reaction score
I don't know how to share that screen shot. I don't think I ever made it that far.
It's slower now. Looking back thru the last week, looks like last sat was my highest for the week. 31,348 10.84 miles although sometime I forget my phone in the jeep, so who knows. But yep, used to it.

Looks like you work longer hours :). I wish I had your schedule though, I mean the weekends off. I have approached them on several occasions about it but I guess I have to get lucky using the app. I am npt there during the HR hours, that part kinda sucks, too. Tue/Wed is my weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: MTC

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Work boots, steel toed. And some of the boxes aren't light. Always seem to get assigned to the busiest ailses, (or however you spell that word)

40,000 is rare...30,000 is common. Calluses to prove it.

I was having a bit of fun with MTC. He and I have shared weightlifting tips. Like you, I am a seasoned citizen who cares about staying in shape. I lift every night and mix in low-level aerobic exercise like hiking or horseback riding. I lost a lot of weight over the past 2 years and my body fat is 11%.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
View attachment 10639
This was a typical tuesday. My body is pretty much used to it. I have a pretty good work schedule. Wednesdays and weekends off.

I do take care of myself though. Diet and exercise at home

That's impressive. Most I have recorded on my Fitbit is 25,350 steps but 3,822 calories. That was a day with 18 holes of golf - even with a cart - followed by 75 minutes of lifting.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice job fellows....
Not to get back on point but....
I wonder how many steps and calories the Shaman insurrectionist did when he toured the Capitol on that infamous day?
At least a mile

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Does this guy sound like a liar to you?
"Trump people were walking away"

I can only imagine just how much the media has played a hand throughout our history.

For as much as we question communist propaganda, I often wonder how long our government has twisted narratives

Reactions: JMM

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
I can only imagine just how much the media has played a hand throughout our history.

For as much as we question communist propaganda, I often wonder how long our government has twisted nanarratives
At least since they shot JR.

Or Kennedy.

Stewey

Reaction score

For as much as we question communist propaganda, I often wonder how long our government has twisted narratives

A lot.
If the MSM adhered to the principles of journalism with only the truth and facts, publications such as Breitbart, Epoch Times, National Review, Red State etc. wouldn't have come to be.
I don't think they were around during the days of Walter Kronkite.

Whoever controls the media, controls the mind. - Jim Morrison

Last edited:

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
It’s great exercise. I walk anywhere from 13 to 20 miles a day depending on if it’s busy.
When I was in high school, about 100 years ago, I'd caddy at a country club about 5 miles from the house, mostly walking along the abandoned railroad tracks to get there and back. Almost always did 36 holes carrying 2 bags filled with every club known to man and a couple of wardrobe changes. The course played at about 7,300 yards and none, or very few, could hit the ball straight. Now I'm happy making it around the block.

xjx

Reaction score
They reported a long time ago that Shaman was a Democrat, voted for Biden, and was the son of an activist judge in New York state. Truth,? Lies?

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

When I was in high school, about 100 years ago, I'd caddy at a country club about 5 miles from the house, mostly walking along the abandoned railroad tracks to get there and back. Almost always did 36 holes carrying 2 bags filled with every club known to man and a couple of wardrobe changes. The course played at about 7,300 yards and none, or very few, could hit the ball straight. Now I'm happy making it around the block.
Sheeeesh. Terrain walking. Bet you had calves of steel

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
This was an orchestrated MIHOP by the UniParty to distract the normies from the fact that YES THE ELECTION WAS STOLEN. The unedited raw security footage proves it. Civil War is probably coming folks. BLOAT.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
This was an orchestrated MIHOP by the UniParty to distract the normies from the fact that YES THE ELECTION WAS STOLEN. The unedited raw security footage proves it. Civil War is probably coming folks. BLOAT.
I respect your opinion

But where do you see a civil war starting? Both parties have too much to lose to even consider a thought.

The majority of the population is too comfy to consider the thought.

Sure we’ll see more riots etc. But that has always been a thing. It looks more regular now because of social media making all this easily accessible.

I’ve grown up in ghetto areas of my city. The stuff that brings attention to middle class/upper class seems like a shock. But it’s always been there.

Yes, immigration etc is an issue. Always has been. But those crimes are still committed in mostly improvished areas. If you believe a civil war is starting because of stolen elections, Trump/biden. Then we were never a super power to begin with. I just don’t see it.

Coming from someone who has grown up around diversity. This is just my observation. It seems like people are not used to diversity becoming more populace in rural areas.

America is an opportunistic country. More and more people are popping up in unorthodox places now. We’re reacting in a “wtf?” Type of way.

Thats just my outlook though

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English

Fact... You'd have to be blind not to see. It's their MO...Damn shame we don't have a non partisan investigative unit to shine the light on the bullshit that's fed to the population by the powers that be and backed up by a willing media.

At what point do you stop fighting the waves and just give in?

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Sorry Zona, I had to break this up with some Caddyshack.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
I respect your opinion

But where do you see a civil war starting? Both parties have too much to lose to even consider a thought.

The majority of the population is too comfy to consider the thought.

Sure we’ll see more riots etc. But that has always been a thing. It looks more regular now because of social media making all this easily accessible.

I’ve grown up in ghetto areas of my city. The stuff that brings attention to middle class/upper class seems like a shock. But it’s always been there.

Yes, immigration etc is an issue. Always has been. But those crimes are still committed in mostly improvished areas. If you believe a civil war is starting because of stolen elections, Trump/biden. Then we were never a super power to begin with. I just don’t see it.

Coming from someone who has grown up around diversity. This is just my observation. It seems like people are not used to diversity becoming more populace in rural areas.

America is an opportunistic country. More and more people are popping up in unorthodox places now. We’re reacting in a “wtf?” Type of way.

Thats just my outlook though
We are on the verge of economic collapse. Hyper inflation will trigger this. I have stated before that the most likely scenario is big government trying to protect its power base in the cities by keeping them fed and supplied. But people who actually produce the commodities will not except Worthless paper. The government will send federal agents, possibly some federal troops to take these commodities from the people that produce them. that will work one time and then the shooting will start. This is why the left is pushing gun control so hard. They can’t just confiscate things from people who can shoot them.

Stewey

Reaction score

Because of a just watched TV program, I need to comment on that statement again.

Rewind to the 1970's.

Having left the TV on all night I woke up today in the wee hours of the morning listening to a panel of former and retired judges and attorneys on CSPAN.
The segment I heard pertained to the media coverage during the Watergate scandal.

It was mentioned that there existed only three news channels...NBC, CBS , ABC...two major news magazines, Newsweek and Time, and two major political orientated newspapers, the NY Times and (I forgot the other)

How each of these media outlets spoke as one, each having equal disdain for Nixon that ultimately shaped the minds of Americans into him becoming one of the most hated presidents in history. You were protected by the MSM of the day if you were anti-Nixon.
A perfect example of the saying "whoever controls the media controls the people".

Like Trump, Nixon did good things. Watergate was childs play compared to the corruption that exist today...that they've gotten away with.

Last edited:

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
We are on the verge of economic collapse. Hyper inflation will trigger this. I have stated before that the most likely scenario is big government trying to protect its power base in the cities by keeping them fed and supplied. But people who actually produce the commodities will not except Worthless paper. The government will send federal agents, possibly some federal troops to take these commodities from the people that produce them. that will work one time and then the shooting will start. This is why the left is pushing gun control so hard. They can’t just confiscate things from people who can shoot them.
I was watching a documentary about the Pittsburgh Penguins coming into russian and buying out the cccp national hockey team. However that documentary showed democracy failing in a communist idealistic nation.

I thought of this type of scenario.

That I can see. Inflation is affecting many. Me included. Do I see it happening? No.

Can I see it happening? Yes.

<contradicting> but hopeful

Last edited:

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Because of a just watched TV program, I need to comment on that statement again.

Rewind to the 1970's.

Having left the TV on all night I woke up today in the wee hours of the morning listening to a panel of former and retired judges and attorneys on CSPAN.
The segment I heard pertained to the media coverage during the Watergate scandal.

It was mentioned that there existed only three news channels...NBC, CBS , ABC...two major news magazines, Newsweek and Time, and two major political orientated newspapers, the NY Times and (I forgot the other)

How each of these media outlets spoke as one, each having equal disdain for Nixon that ultimately shaped the minds of Americans into him becoming one of the most hated presidents in history. You were protected by the MSM of the day if you were anti-Nixon.
A perfect example of the saying "whoever controls the media controls the people".

Like Trump, Nixon did good things. Watergate was childs play compared to the corruption that exist today...that they've gotten away with.
The media paints a lot sadly that isn’t true

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
Pffft, walking? What a *****. Try lifting weights. :LOL:

But really, walking 13+ miles a day is pretty amazing. For anybody that thinks walking 13 miles (MTC's minimum) is no big deal, go try it. It's a half-marathon - go ahead. Unless you have a damn good pair of running shoes and are in really, really good shape, get ready to quit at about the 6-mile mark.

Actually, 13K steps can be either a daunting feat, or easily attainable. Makes no sense...hear me out.

As many of you know, I have been back into working out for nearly a year, lost 40+ pounds. I wear a FitBit and track my steps, calories, etc every day. My exercise routine is spinner (think Peloton) one day (15 miles or more) and treadmill next (now up to 5 to 5.5 miles each trip).

I work from home, jelly of those Amazon boys. I can find myself heading into my afterwork workout with only 1500 steps taken for the day because I've been on my *** all day. Sucks. I have to push it on the treadmill to get to 10k steps (I typically run about 3.5 miles of the 5+, the rest is incline walking).

On those work days, just getting to 10K steps is hard and takes conscious effort.

But then sometimes it's easy...if you work at Amazon...or you're "living." I was astounded to find last fall when I spent 4 days hunting, I eclipsed 13K steps each day. Now this isn't walking all day hunting. It's a hike into the woods and up the side of a mountain to sit for 5 to 6 hours and not move, then hike down midday...then back in and out for the afternoon. Destroyed the steps.

A couple weekends ago I moved my older son from college to his new hometown to begin his career. I went above 10K to 12K steps just shopping, driving a U-Haul, moving things, etc. Burned a ton of calories, etc.

Getting 10K, 13K steps can be a ***** if you are a white collar person. If your job allows it, or you spend your weekend days on your feet doing things and living life, most would be surprised how many steps they actually take. I was.

Last edited: