• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

US Capitol breached

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
Because of a just watched TV program, I need to comment on that statement again.

Rewind to the 1970's.

Having left the TV on all night I woke up today in the wee hours of the morning listening to a panel of former and retired judges and attorneys on CSPAN.
The segment I heard pertained to the media coverage during the Watergate scandal.

It was mentioned that there existed only three news channels...NBC, CBS , ABC...two major news magazines, Newsweek and Time, and two major political orientated newspapers, the NY Times and (I forgot the other)

How each of these media outlets spoke as one, each having equal disdain for Nixon that ultimately shaped the minds of Americans into him becoming one of the most hated presidents in history. You were protected by the MSM of the day if you were anti-Nixon.
A perfect example of the saying "whoever controls the media controls the people".

Like Trump, Nixon did good things. Watergate was childs play compared to the corruption that exist today...that they've gotten away with.
You leave your tv on in bed on CSPAN?

Stewey

Reaction score
You leave your tv on in bed on CSPAN?
I predicted someone would ask that. lol

Prior to that, no I don't believe I ever had. I don't clearly remember, but I think they featured some academic or author giving a talk on the Civil War which interests me. Enough to fall asleep.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
I was watching a documentary about the Pittsburgh Penguins coming into russian and buying out the cccp national hockey team. However that documentary showed democracy failing in a communist idealistic nation.

I thought of this type of scenario.

That I can see. Inflation is affecting many. Me included. Do I see it happening? No.

Can I see it happening? Yes.

<contradicting> but hopeful
I don't see anyway that it doesn't happen. We are on track to hyperinflation.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I changed my FB profile pic to the Q Anon Shaman.

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
giphy.webp

1681223190559.png

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
BREAKING: Another doozy of a motion filed today by a Proud Boy defense lawyer related to informants, undercover agents

Number of DC Metro undercovers keeps growing:

photo
Oh my--DOJ withheld info re DC Metro police involvement until just recently (Proud Boys trial started in DECEMBER) and one officer deleted evidence from his device.

WTF

This footnote appears to confirm accusation in motion that DOJ just recently disclosed info related to DC Metro undercovers.

AUSA Ballantine reportedly used to work with Judge Kelly during his stint at DC US Atty office

photo
Here is what one can only guess is a partial list.

I also believe this is the same unit where Mike Fanone worked. On Jan 6, he said he had planned to "spend his evening shift buying heroin undercover." (per Time mag puff piece)

photo
Tip of the iceberg. Recall that acting AG Jeff Rosen assembled elite squads of DOJ assets to Quantico weekend before Jan 6 including Hostage Rescue Team. Still don't know why...

photo

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Well we had this pegged right from the start. The FBI and the metro pd should be ashamed of themselves.

All that bs sad show they put on tv. They should get an Oscar.

They're the worst kind of criminal you can have. The ones about the law who manufacture crime,blame it on people they want to go after, then arrest them. And keep them indefinitely without bond.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Actually, 13K steps can be either a daunting feat, or easily attainable. Makes no sense...hear me out.

Getting 10K, 13K steps can be a ***** if you are a white collar person. If your job allows it, or you spend your weekend days on your feet doing things and living life, most would be surprised how many steps they actually take. I was.

MTC does 13 miles, TSF - not 13,000 steps, but 13 MILES. 13,000 steps is probably, what, 6 miles?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
MTC does 13 miles, TSF - not 13,000 steps, but 13 MILES. 13,000 steps is probably, what, 6 miles?

About 6.5 miles per my stride length.

Thought he said steps.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
About 6.5 miles per my stride length.

Thought he said steps.
Yeah 13-15 miles average at work. On a slow day 11 miles.

41, 700+ steps is 15 some miles.

On my days off - when I get out of bed. It does take awhile for my body to adjust to everything. My lower body screams at me for the first few steps. You definitely feel it.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
674729E6-CDF3-4441-9B6B-DFCD7A458DD0.jpeg
I’m off on Wednesdays and weekends. But was still active enough to get steps in.

F6F9DCAC-8A11-46A5-A5FD-1ED193098276.jpeg
The days I do work. I’m up and down a large warehouse. This was yesterday’s work

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
View attachment 10786
I’m off on Wednesdays and weekends. But was still active enough to get steps in.

View attachment 10787
The days I do work. I’m up and down a large warehouse. This was yesterday’s work

Awesome man and still supports my prior post. I azz surf all day, sitting down in WebEx meetings and on the phone. I go do yard work on weekends and get in 4-8 miles walking each weekend day. There are days during the week where I may walk a half mile TOTAL before my evening work outs.

Jobs where you move are so beneficial to your health. Desk jobs kill millions.

Keep on truckin

iu

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
Having lunch today at Wendy's in a somewhat rural, blue collar urban mixed area of Cincinnati I overheard this conversation which s quite telling to our problems.

Daughter(in her 40's maybe 50's) "so you have paid attention to all the new information about January 6th?"

Mom(in her 80's) "What new information?"

Daughter replies something I missed.

Mom "no there were 4 police killed by protestors"

Daughter "no Mom only one officer died and it was from a stroke at a later time"

Mom "No that is all lies by Trump they have proof of everything they said so on the news"

Daughter "No mom they even have all the video of what happened now"

Mom "no it is all fake and lies or the news would have reported it. More Trump lies"

Daughter "Seriously? I just give up.........."

People are brainwashed by the media, both sides. Just watch the videos and read.

xjx

Reaction score
More Americans get their news from " the View" than any other source.

• Haha
Reactions: MTC