• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

US Capitol breached

You're f'n kidding us.... Holy cow Lyn... Why?

If you are moving to the outskirts of Portlandia I could understand, but I hope you are not moving to that !@#$hole. In all seriousness you better load up.

Hubs is from there. Has a job opportunity out there. We will be in either Eugene or Bend. I went there over the summer and I know it’s a liberal bastion. Hubs HATES what is happening.

Reactions: JMM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If Twitter is going to ban people for inciting violence they might want to take a look at this <a href="https://t.co/ufNLcXUn5P">pic.twitter.com/ufNLcXUn5P</a></p>— J O E • M A Z (@JoeMaz) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoeMaz/status/1347703375270350851?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 9, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hubs is from there. Has a job opportunity out there. We will be in either Eugene or Bend. I went there over the summer and I know it’s a liberal bastion. Hubs HATES what is happening.

Lots of good breweries up that way. Hey, the areas outside Portland were awesome. I'm envious. Its one of the most scenic parts of the country. When in Portland, take the opportunity to instill some rational thought. Best of luck to you Lyn. Love you old friend.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If Twitter is going to ban people for inciting violence they might want to take a look at this <a href="https://t.co/ufNLcXUn5P">pic.twitter.com/ufNLcXUn5P</a></p>— J O E • M A Z (@JoeMaz) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoeMaz/status/1347703375270350851?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 9, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Phinn, we need to drop all this BS on both sides. If you look at it rationally, this division is exactly what the powers that be want. I'd like nothing more than to lock arms with Indy, Tim, Tibs and Flog and tell both sides to take a ******* flying leap. We're done with their bullshit. Give us back our lives.

Phinn, we need to drop all this BS on both sides. If you look at it rationally, this division is exactly what the powers that be want. I'd like nothing more than to lock arms with Indy, Tim, Tibs and Flog and tell both sides to take a ******* flying leap. We're done with their bullshit. Give us back our lives.

Yeah no.

Tibs and Flog want control over your life. They don’t want to just live and let live they know better than you how you should live yours and you should be made to pay for their basic needs. I will never lock arms with those communists.

how were they able to play the game in Washington tonight what with the city in flames from the HUGE uprising? The players must have been terrified for their safety.

Sorry bro, you'll always be cool with me but Tib and Flog can go **** themselves. They posted complete bullshit about Trump for 4 years, my turn now. The Dem scum can shove unity right up their ***.

4t9pc2.jpg

I went to a smaller, local gun show yesterday...the first one I have been to since late summer or early fall. Anyway, it was nuts to butts. I have been going to gun shows for years, and I will tell you that the type of people who are attending them now and buying firearms has certainly changed. Firearms are no longer the bastion of white males, like the left tells us.

It is going to get interesting with Biden and these other idiots coming in. Do they recognize that? Do they realize that since the summer, millions of people have become new gun owners? They ain't all Trump voters either. Which is a discussion in it's own right...if you want the freedom to own a firearm, how do you vote for the party that vows to limit them?

I hope and pray that if there is any common sense among in the new administration, they will just let this alone. If you want to calm people down, just stop with the gun control crap. But if that is one of the first things they try to do, look out. I have a feeling though that it will be. Everything today is gotcha politics. I saw Pelosi said something about the demonstrators choosing their whiteness over democracy. Oh, boy, that helps. I wonder if, when she was in the salon getting her hair done, if that was choosing her whiteness over people's safety?

Maybe it was Lyn. There was a game where the Steelers got ahead to start and she was making something in the kitchen for her husband, finished, then watched the game in her family room. I told her to get back in there, she did, and the Steelers won. The rest is history....I think she watched most of the games from the kitchen afterwards. :) It was probably that first loss that she did not watch from the kitchen. ;)

If nothing else we're probably about the most superstitious fan base to walk the face of the Earth. :)

I would often make hot wings for games. Typically I'd deep fry them in a wok. In 2005 they lost 3 or 4 games in a row in the middle of the season so to change up the luck I thought I'd bake them instead for the Bears game. Bettis runs over Erlacher in the snow and the rest is history. Ever since I cook the wings the same way until they lose a game, then I change.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMM
I’m moving to that area in the next month. Color me happy. NOT.

You must certainly be the most well-travelled member of SN.

You must certainly be the most well-travelled member of SN.

Hopefully this is the last time I move. I’m tired of KS though, so it will be a fresh start. Just not a fan of the politics out on the left coast. I think Oregon will be the 8th state I’ve lived in.

Sorry bro, you'll always be cool with me but Tib and Flog can go **** themselves. They posted complete bullshit about Trump for 4 years.

Tillerson, Mattis, Kelly, Bolton, Trump’s niece, Trump sister, Bill Barr and others who know and have worked with Trump agree with that “complete bullshit”.

Violence and anger solve nothing.

Please do explain post #2922 in the Election Day 2020 thread where you refer to the ******* ******** as “Patriots responding to a call to arms”.

Just so have this straight:
Burning police precincts to the ground. OK
Trying to burn a Federal Building to the ground. OK
Trying to murder the Federal agents protecting that building. OK
Chasing Congressmen/Senators through the halls of Congress, physically blocking their path, stopping them from getting on elevators until they say the'll vote the way you want them to. OK
Hitting police officers with chunks of concrete, frozen water bottles, baseball bats. OK
Destroying police vehicle and setting them of fire, even with officers inside. OK

But:
Brushing by police officers to get into the halls of Congress. VIOLENT INSURRECTION
Sitting at Nancy Pelosi's desk. VIOLENT INSURRECTION

I also found it ironic that when the sun goes down and curfews take effect, ANTIFA and BLM go to work starting fires, destroying businesses, and murdering business owners. But when the curfew took effect in D.C., the 'insurrectionists' went home.

The problem with lumping all these people together, both left protests and right protests, is the media really does a poor job of explaining or understanding mob mentality.

When you are part of a mob, it is very easy to justify doing something bad when everyone around you, all riled up on emotion, starts to do it as well. There is also a natural assumption (sometimes false), that if a mob is doing something illegal, you can get away with it. I mean, how could ALL these people be caught by police, you think.

I have said this before but what I saw at the capital is very similar to looting a Walmart or rushing a field after a football game. There were certainly very bad people that STARTED the process. But really, if you start to shake the fences and realize "Hey, these are pretty easy to push over".... are you STARTING IT? Now things like breaking windows throws a lot of fuel on the "mob fire". Because, once one person destroys property, again, if you are the 2nd or 3rd or 10th, does it matter at that point?

This is how mobs work. They build and feed off themselves. It takes very little often to "set them off" and start this chain reaction that leads towards violence. The key to any angry protest is to NOT LET THE MOB GET STARTED and that can only be done (often) with police and proper mob control, This is taught to every policeman everywhere. Every police department practices and discusses mob control. You can read about how to do it on the internet. All these things were done VERY POORLY at the capital on Tuesday.

But again, I don't take these types of mobs and the chain reactions they start as some sort of organized coup against our government like the media seems to be implying. I certainly want many of them to be arrested and prosecuted. Just like thousands of those involved in looting and property damage should be arrested and prosecuted from this past summer.

I do find it odd (and misrepresented) how our media is describing these two mob situations. Again, if you are a protest/mob against a position the media has sympathy for, you are treated differently than a mob that are marching for something the media seems worthy. I guess that a lens that is hard to look past for everyone.

Just so have this straight:
Burning police precincts to the ground. OK
Trying to burn a Federal Building to the ground. OK
Trying to murder the Federal agents protecting that building. OK
Chasing Congressmen/Senators through the halls of Congress, physically blocking their path, stopping them from getting on elevators until they say the'll vote the way you want them to. OK
Hitting police officers with chunks of concrete, frozen water bottles, baseball bats. OK
Destroying police vehicle and setting them of fire, even with officers inside. OK

But:
Brushing by police officers to get into the halls of Congress. VIOLENT INSURRECTION
Sitting at Nancy Pelosi's desk. VIOLENT INSURRECTION

I also found it ironic that when the sun goes down and curfews take effect, ANTIFA and BLM go to work starting fires, destroying businesses, and murdering business owners. But when the curfew took effect in D.C., the 'insurrectionists' went home.

they had jobs to go back to

I wonder if Trump will finish his term.

"If Twitter, Google, Apple, and Facebook can do what they want because they're private companies, then every business in American that wants to open should be open."

I wonder if Trump will finish his term.

At this point, who cares? Might as well speed things up so we can get to where we’re gonna get to. The sooner the stupidity is over, the sooner we can begin bringing America back to her rightful place in the world.