• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

US Capitol breached

None of us want to see violence, OFTB. I just want to see the Steelers beat the Browns tomorrow night.

Yeah man, so stoked to be back in the playoffs. Can't wait for the game, the anticipation is killing me, even if it's the Browns. Hope you'll have that chili simmerin'

Reactions: JMM
I think we all know that some sort of civil unrest is bound to happen, and happen sooner than later. I do not advocate that at all. If someone on here DOES advocate for the violence, I can assure you that person will be gone.

That being said- there is a difference in discussing violence and advocating it. We can discuss actual happenings, like what happened on Wednesday. But I won’t allow members on here to arrange for violence and/or promote it.

If that makes me a nazi or evil, so be it. But we all have put too much into this board and developed bonds- I don’t want hate speech to ruin it.

I'm trying to figure out what to wear. The last few games threw my lucky shirt and socks mojo way off.

I'm going to go back with my 91 Greene jersey, #58 Old Fashioned Jack Lambert black t shirt which is a custom knock off of the Jack Daniels label.

Pretty sure we win when Lyn is in the kitchen cooking fajitas* and I need to have chicken wings at half. Just wish the game was at 1:00. Night games suck these days. :)

* I could be way off on that maybe it was OFTB cooking tamales I really don't remember. Damn CRS. :)

I think we all know that some sort of civil unrest is bound to happen, and happen sooner than later. I do not advocate that at all. If someone on here DOES advocate for the violence, I can assure you that person will be gone.

That being said- there is a difference in discussing violence and advocating it. We can discuss actual happenings, like what happened on Wednesday. But I won’t allow members on here to arrange for violence and/or promote it.

If that makes me a nazi or evil, so be it. But we all have put too much into this board and developed bonds- I don’t want hate speech to ruin it.

I agree with that sentiment and I'll beat the ever living **** out of anyone who disagrees with it.

I'm going to go back with my 91 Greene jersey, #58 Old Fashioned Jack Lambert black t shirt which is a custom knock off of the Jack Daniels label.

Pretty sure we win when Lyn is in the kitchen cooking fajitas* and I need to have chicken wings at half. Just wish the game was at 1:00. Night games suck these days. :)

* I could be way off on that maybe it was OFTB cooking tamales I really don't remember. Damn CRS. :)

I have never made tamales so your first impulse might be correct.

I have never made tamales so your first impulse might be correct.

Maybe it was Lyn. There was a game where the Steelers got ahead to start and she was making something in the kitchen for her husband, finished, then watched the game in her family room. I told her to get back in there, she did, and the Steelers won. The rest is history....I think she watched most of the games from the kitchen afterwards. :) It was probably that first loss that she did not watch from the kitchen. ;)

If nothing else we're probably about the most superstitious fan base to walk the face of the Earth. :)

That was me. I was making fajitas. And the week before was the TN game/ we were ahead at halftime and I had been cooking the whole first half. Second half, my hubby got into that car wreck so I had to leave and that’s when the Steelers started losing.

That was me. I was making fajitas. And the week before was the TN game/ we were ahead at halftime and I had been cooking the whole first half. Second half, my hubby got into that car wreck so I had to leave and that’s when the Steelers started losing.

Damnit!! I knew there must have been something to throw off the dynamic. Was the other party at fault? If so I'm thinking we can have Jimmy sue them on behalf of the Board for emotional distress during that losing streak.

Also I hope he is OK.

He was NOT at fault. Hit by a meth head driver with no license and no insurance. And yes, hubs is fine.

Agreed. No one here has called for an insurrection that I can recall. No one here has stated they want to see violence directed towards another "by and large."

However, to discuss the likelihood after this past year's events that we are inching closer to greater conflicts should not be banned. The facts are undeniable - we have seen an increase in violence by both sides for the past year. We have seen calls for defunding the police. We have seen attacks across the nation and in DC against our Federal buildings. We had 23 people killed last year in the riots and billions of dollars of damages in cities. We have seen police barracks burned with police inside in obvious attempts to kill law enforcement.

For anyone to "predict" a civil war is pending is not advocating it. I hope those predictions are wrong. But we by god well better be discussing it.

I'm trying to figure out what to wear. The last few games threw my lucky shirt and socks mojo way off.

Part of my protest against the NFL was buying and wearing no gear. For every single Steelers game this year, I have worn no Steelers gear at all. In fact, I make sure I wear nothing black or gold.

Oddly, it worked LOL. So I will be sticking to form and wearing nothing Steelers related. It's also been rather "freeing" mentally not to worry which jersey, socks, etc to coordinate, what worked last time, what didn't.

Part of my protest against the NFL was buying and wearing no gear. For every single Steelers game this year, I have worn no Steelers gear at all. In fact, I make sure I wear nothing black or gold.

Oddly, it worked LOL. So I will be sticking to form and wearing nothing Steelers related. It's also been rather "freeing" mentally not to worry which jersey, socks, etc to coordinate, what worked last time, what didn't.

Part of my protest has been to not watch any other games except Steelers and to listen to Tunch, Wolf and Bill call the game.
Leslie-Nielsen.jpg

Thought it would be the best way to stick it to The Man and also not be influenced by mass media and sports entertainment, but I'm now a firm believer of local plumbing and building supply stores in Pittsburgh. I also drink a lot more than I used to. I'm not sure if that's part of my protest or just a family history of alcoholism.

Hey mods, hows about you ban Tibs, since he is all for it?

He is all for it from HIS SIDE. From the right he wants acquiescence from regular Americans. And don’t you dare fight back versus the AntiFa and BLM thugs though that would be unacceptable political violence.

Speaking of Antifa..

A riot was declared in a suburb of Portland, Oregon, after Black bloc rioters vandalized local businesses and the police precinct.

Thursday night's violence escalated from a demonstration that was organized to call for justice in the officer-involved shooting death of 26-year-old Jacob Ryan McDuff on Wednesday. Public records and a social media account use MacDuff as the spelling for his last name.
Shortly after 4 p.m. Wednesday, Tigard Police responded to a report of a domestic disturbance at an apartment complex in the suburb southwest of Portland. Officers attempted to arrest McDuff on domestic violence charges after an investigation.
"MacDuff was inside his vehicle, and officers said he had a knife," the Oregonian reported. "Police said they tried to take him into custody, and he refused to surrender. Tigard police shot and killed MacDuff during the struggle to arrest him, according to Tigard police."
The shooting occurred at about 5:50 p.m., nearly two hours after police arrived at the apartment.

Despite an investigation into the officer-involved shooting by the Washington County Major Crimes Team already underway, a protest erupted Thursday night.
Police said about 100 individuals gathered in Tigard, a city in Oregon with a population of about 55,000, at around 8:30 p.m. on Thursday. The anti-police protest escalated to the point where Black bloc rioters vandalized the Tigard police headquarters.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/portland-riot-protest-tigard-mcduff

Speaking of Antifa..

A riot was declared in a suburb of Portland, Oregon, after Black bloc rioters vandalized local businesses and the police precinct.

Thursday night's violence escalated from a demonstration that was organized to call for justice in the officer-involved shooting death of 26-year-old Jacob Ryan McDuff on Wednesday. Public records and a social media account use MacDuff as the spelling for his last name.
Shortly after 4 p.m. Wednesday, Tigard Police responded to a report of a domestic disturbance at an apartment complex in the suburb southwest of Portland. Officers attempted to arrest McDuff on domestic violence charges after an investigation.
"MacDuff was inside his vehicle, and officers said he had a knife," the Oregonian reported. "Police said they tried to take him into custody, and he refused to surrender. Tigard police shot and killed MacDuff during the struggle to arrest him, according to Tigard police."
The shooting occurred at about 5:50 p.m., nearly two hours after police arrived at the apartment.

Despite an investigation into the officer-involved shooting by the Washington County Major Crimes Team already underway, a protest erupted Thursday night.
Police said about 100 individuals gathered in Tigard, a city in Oregon with a population of about 55,000, at around 8:30 p.m. on Thursday. The anti-police protest escalated to the point where Black bloc rioters vandalized the Tigard police headquarters.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/portland-riot-protest-tigard-mcduff

Antifa is rioting in Portland. What else is new...Did the sun rise in the West this morning?

Feel really sorry for the law abiding folks in that town. I used to go there every few years for a software convention and yeah it was definitely not a place you'd want to take your grandkids from the main streets but it was a cool town. I never felt like I was about to get beat up, even though I am/was a middle aged white male without dreadlocks, but wherever you looked there would be junkies and derelicts camping out in doorways and just not a good humane experience. Maybe that is the norm for all larger cities, but I'm guessing not. Too damn bad they let it go to hell like they did. The scenic areas around Portland like Mt Hood are absolutely fantastic and if you all are considering a trip this year assuming we can afford to do anything like take trips, you should consider going there.

But looking back on the years I visited Portland, its really not surprising it is the hub for Antifa now. Likely coming to a city near you unfortunately. Hope we all enjoy it and can acknowledge the diversity of the culture they will be sure to bring with them.

Last edited:
I’m moving to that area in the next month. Color me happy. NOT.

I’m moving to that area in the next month. Color me happy. NOT.

If you are out in the suburbs you’ll be fine. Just stay out of downtown Portland.

I just want to state for the record that I'm not down with any kind of violent resistance or starting a civil war talk. If that's the direction this site is going to go in I'm out for good (yes, yes I know most of you don't give a rat's ***, save your comments, I just wanted to be on record.)

You can ignore the writing on the wall all you want. We're just going by what we see. Nobody wants that. Last one cost over 600k in lives. We will point out the signs and almost inevitable. Which is serious internal conflict if this path isn't changed.

That certainly isn't calling for it. It's watching history repeat itself. Hopefully we avert it.