• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

US Navy shoots down Iranian drone in ‘defensive action’

Spike

Reaction score
President Donald Trump on Thursday said a U.S. Navy ship shot down an Iranian drone in a defensive action.

Trump said the USS Boxer fired on the drone in the Strait of Hormuz on Thursday.

“The Boxer took defensive action against an Iranian drone, which had closed into a near distance, approximately 1000 yards, ignoring multiple calls to stand down threatening safety of ship and ship’s crew,” Trump said.

gettyimages-514530898_wide-c6389c91bf7f2e66da56c33be5e39b29b667522c-s800-c85.jpg

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/na...-s-navy-ship-shot-down-iranian-drone-n1031451
---------------------------

Who’ll be the first Democrat to say they’re “outraged?”

These crazy ******* won't be happy until they force us into a war with them.

Then the Dems can do another complete 180 from bloodthirsty war mongers back to being peaceniks again. Cuz Trump.

Im not really up on navy stuff, so how do u call out a warning to an unmanned drone?

Really big bullhorn? Lol

Im not really up on navy stuff, so how do u call out a warning to an unmanned drone?

Really big bullhorn? Lol

I was thinking the same. But it sounds good.

These crazy ******* won't be happy until they force us into a war with them.

Then the Dems can do another complete 180 from bloodthirsty war mongers back to being peaceniks again. Cuz Trump.

I'm sure that's the idea. They they can scream that Trump hates Muslims and protest in Iran with signs printed in English.
I DO hate Muslims but I'm out front about it, I don't hide it.

Really big bullhorn? Lol

The ship can contact the command center controlling the drone and warn that the damn thing is just 1000 feet away and will be dispatched unless pulled back.

Really big bullhorn? Lol

You can't say for sure if the drone can fire a torpedo, or crash into a ship loaded with explosives.

The Persian Gulf is not a safe place for navy ships or submarines. It's a narrow and shallow body of water. Once you pass the Stair of Hormuz, its like you're in a large lake meaning ships must be on alert 24 x 7 against attacks.

The Strait of Hormuz is coke point where about 1/3 of the world oil passes through on ships, and the only way to get into the ocean.

If Iran wanted too, they probably could wait for use war ships to pass into the middle of their 21 mile long Straight, and launch a pearl harbor like sneak attack with drones and torpedo's from both directions. They are testing us now, and trying to drive the cost of insurance up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strait_of_Hormuz

Last edited:
Our drones are being flown from hundreds to thousands of miles away, not sure what a radio message would matter either, if no one is listening

They just hijacked two oil tankers, trying to get a response, we just need to keep up with the sanctions, they are killing them