• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

VAmoose Shinseki, though it wasn't quick enough...

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
Eric Shinseki has resigned (if you want to call it that).

Do we really need any further evidence that Obama and this Presidency has been the worst in US history - by a monumental ******* landslide?

"Back in 2008, President Obama was warned about problems with the V.A. and after saying he was “mad as hell” about it, did basically nothing. Then he nominated Shinseki to head the V.A. in December 2008, boasting there is no one “more qualified” to run it.

Let’s not forget where the real problem lies: At the very top. But to hear the mainstream press tell it, Obama read about how bad the V.A. scandal was in the newspapers last night. And that’s as far as their reportage will go."

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/05/142913-breaking-eric-shinseki/

Shinseki was an ******* as 1Cav commanding general he was an ******* at the VA.

we need to start a pool to see reward who correctly names the next **** up Bomma names to man this position.

we need to start a pool to see reward who correctly names the next **** up Bomma names to man this position.

Not many here can correctly spell muslim names.

The VA has been messed up for decades, although Senator Bomma said it was a disgrace and if elected He would fix it. Bomma still doesn't grasp the concept that talking about a problem and actually doing something about it are two different things.

The VA has been messed up for decades, although Senator Bomma said it was a disgrace and if elected He would fix it. Bomma still doesn't grasp the concept that talking about a problem and actually doing something about it are two different things.

Way easier to campaign than it is to lead.

Way easier to campaign than it is to lead.

It IS hilarious the way He acts like He just took office yesterday every time a problem crops up, and hasn't been running the joint for six years.

Bomma doesn't lead by example or inspire anyone.

I posted that Shinseki was gone on my FB page yesterday, and one of my Bomma lovers blamed the Republican Senators who didn't fund the VA (neglecting the fact that bill was attached to a bigger bill for wasteful programs). She then said that because Bomma is president, that there is no way he COULD or SHOULD know everything that goes on in his admin. TimSteelersFan can vouch for this. My head exploded.

What he said. The only thing that can fix it is to hire more doctors and nurses. And how you going to do that and make cuts to the budget at the same time? And then there is always the federal employee that answesr the phone to make an appointment who doesn't give a good **** because it's not her problem. And they can't fire her. I know in my 35 years working for the Government I only saw 4 employees get fired.

I posted that Shinseki was gone on my FB page yesterday, and one of my Bomma lovers blamed the Republican Senators who didn't fund the VA (neglecting the fact that bill was attached to a bigger bill for wasteful programs). She then said that because Bomma is president, that there is no way he COULD or SHOULD know everything that goes on in his admin. TimSteelersFan can vouch for this. My head exploded.

That was a lot of fun correcting her views :) Thanks for letting me pollute your thread lol

That was a lot of fun correcting her views :) Thanks for letting me pollute your thread lol

She's one of those people who post stupid **** and when corrected, run and hide....much like 21 on this board. And trust me, it made my day.

The problem is the VA is a typical government agency. You increase their budget and they don't use that money to hire more Doctors or even hire more workers to answer phones and make appointments. They use it to create redundant middle management positions that they can hand out to reward their friends.

It's the same thing they do with education. They campaign about "investing" in education and then they just raise teacher salaries without raising standards. It's just a payoff to the teacher's union.

They can fix the VA with a single simple act. Give vets vouchers so they can get services at whatever hospital or doctor they wish. Why not? They already pay vets "travel pay" if based on how far away from the VA facility they live when they go for appointments.

But they won't do that because as always, their main focus isn't on fixing the problem, it's on making sure the # of government employees stays high and even grows.

Oh and you want an argument for why the government shouldn't run healthcare. What would happen if a private hospital caused the death of a bunch of people? Those people's families would be getting huge settlements because they would be able to take the hospital to court. What will these vets families get? A Photo Op with the Prez.

Tape is exactly right. It would be cheaper to pay for every vets insurance than to have the government running a health care system. They should shut down the government run system and pay for their insurance directly. Problem solved.