• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Watt/Garrett debate is laughable

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
First off I have no problem with another defender winning the award I feel Watt had a very good season, but about what I'd expect from him in a complete season. So if they gave it to say Parsons no problem. But you cannot play basically the same position and have lower stats and start talking about injuries and PFF stats. That dog just doesn't hunt in my books. They are both paid to rush passer and make tackles for loss. Period.

WATT———————————— 17
Plus the three from this weekend. +3

Does that get him there ? Add in the rest, but I think he is there already, pending on the other players weekend production.

Salute the nation

I get what you're selling. And, I'm buying.
The problem is that it seems like the NFL Media Machine has been hyping this up as Garrett's year since the season started. And, if "The Brand" decides they don't want you to win an award, you ain't winning it. We saw this play out in the two years before TJ finally won DPOY.

I don't disagree Buckeye but I fail to see why Watt isn't the most marketable defender in the league. Lord knows his brother was on everything and I'm not sure when it's all said and done that TJ might he better.
There is a differential Drink IRON City where it would become too obvious. Then they probably go elsewhere.

I don't disagree Buckeye but I fail to see why Watt isn't the most marketable defender in the league. Lord knows his brother was on everything and I'm not sure when it's all said and done that TJ might he better.
There is a differential Drink IRON City where it would become too obvious. Then they probably go elsewhere.
He has kind of a bland personality(seems like from interviews anyway) and now he accused the NFL of having something against him because of the no holding calls situation. Yeah...they don't want him winning anything. They probably want someone more personable they can market, that falls to his knees at the sight of Fuhrer Roger and never questions the league or it's officials....worship the shield or be cast out!

Hell he should have multiple DPOY awards. Watt has better stats than both Myles and Parsons, he had better stats than Donald in 21 or 20 too.
The reason I keep hearing is because of the playoff push the Browns are making, etc, well the sack last week vs the Jets was Garrett's first sack in 6 games.
Although after seeing Watt get stripped of 2.5 sacks between the Cincy and Arizona game, maybe the NFL is pushing Garrett.

If someone had the time, it would be nice to see the comparison stats of both TJ & Miles, or other contenders.

Salute the nation

If Watt pulls ahead and ends up with the most sacks, there is no possible explanation for anyone else to win DPOY. Other than "pressures" which are nice but aren't sacks, he is at or near the top in every category. His interceptions, forced fumbles, fumble recoveries, and passes defenced push him ahead of anyone else. He is the full package.

If Watt pulls ahead and ends up with the most sacks, there is no possible explanation for anyone else to win DPOY. Other than "pressures" which are nice but aren't sacks, he is at or near the top in every category. His interceptions, forced fumbles, fumble recoveries, and passes defenced push him ahead of anyone else. He is the full package.
He already leads the NFL in sacks and QB Hits, hell he leads Garrett by 3 sacks and Parsons by 4 sacks.

If someone had the time, it would be nice to see the comparison stats of both TJ & Miles, or other contenders.

Salute the nation
TJ Watt: 60 combined tackles tackles (42 Solo), 17 sacks, 34 QB hits, 16 tackles for loss, 4 forced fumbles, 8 passes defensed, 1 INT, 1 TD

Myles Garrett: 42 combined tackles (33 solo), 14 sacks, 30 QB hits, 17 tackles for loss, 4 forced fumbles, 3 passes defensed.

He has kind of a bland personality(seems like from interviews anyway) and now he accused the NFL of having something against him because of the no holding calls situation. Yeah...they don't want him winning anything. They probably want someone more personable they can market, that falls to his knees at the sight of Fuhrer Roger and never questions the league or it's officials....worship the shield or be cast out!
Yes agreed. They prefer the guy who shouldn't even be playing because in the modern landscape his attack on Rudolph was so egregious he should have gotten lifetime suspension. I don't view Parsons position as apples to apples. I couod live with him.
Pressures are like other PFF BS. Rudolph was pressured when he hit Pickens on the diving catch.

TJ Watt: 60 combined tackles tackles (42 Solo), 17 sacks, 34 QB hits, 16 tackles for loss, 4 forced fumbles, 8 passes defensed, 1 INT, 1 TD

Myles Garrett: 42 combined tackles (33 solo), 14 sacks, 30 QB hits, 17 tackles for loss, 4 forced fumbles, 3 passes defensed.

That’s as no brained as it gets………. Pending on this weekends action, of course.

Thanks SteelBuckeye, not just for this but for all you great post(s) and humor along the way.! !!

Salute the nation

That’s as no brained as it gets………. Pending on this weekends action, of course.

Thanks SteelBuckeye, not just for this but for all you great post(s) and humor along the way.! !!

Salute the nation
Facts MEAN NOTHING in an emotional argument to defend your agenda.

Yes agreed. They prefer the guy who shouldn't even be playing because in the modern landscape his attack on Rudolph was so egregious he should have gotten lifetime suspension. I don't view Parsons position as apples to apples. I couod live with him.
Pressures are like other PFF BS. Rudolph was pressured when he hit Pickens on the diving catch.
And the lie he told about Rudolph. That is even more egregious. If it was true, Rudolph would be out of the NFL and selling insurance or something. It would have come out by now if there was any shred of truth to what Garrett said. That SOB. He could have destroyed Rudolph with that lie. When I think about it I get livid.

Garrett has had a great season, but hasn’t been the best defender this year. However, he’s been hyped as the DPOY basically for the entire season. He’ll win for that reason and the justification will be that he lead a Browns defense that helped carry at team that started 4 QBs to the playoffs.

Ever since Garrett got picked 1st oa the media has been pushing him as DPOY. He never deserves it. He is an immature scumbag who should be out of the league for assault. I wish Pouncey would have ripped his helmet off and curbstomped his face during the incident.

Facts MEAN NOTHING in an emotional argument to defend your agenda.

I totally hear yaz and get it, but it’s still a no-brained if in an equal opportunity scenario.

Salute the nation

I bet Watt gets held more than Garrett too, Too bad that stat doesn't count.

I bet Watt gets held more than Garrett too, Too bad that stat doesn't count.

Garret has been invisible in games.

The NFL had to steal 2.5 sacks from WATT or this would be even further apart.

Salute the nation

And the lie he told about Rudolph. That is even more egregious. If it was true, Rudolph would be out of the NFL and selling insurance or something. It would have come out by now if there was any shred of truth to what Garrett said. That SOB. He could have destroyed Rudolph with that lie. When I think about it I get livid.
Remember that interview after. What a lying sack of ****. The media should have raked him over the coals for what he did. And they should still be bringing it up. Nonstop. Lying and putting another person’s reputation in jeopardy for your own personal gain is repugnant. Just another reason I can’t stand that team.

Judging by the media coverage MG is getting, the NFL/media wants to give it to Myles. I guess they want to spread around the wealth, Watt shouldn't get too much of the praise.

Judging by the media coverage MG is getting, the NFL/media wants to give it to Myles. I guess they want to spread around the wealth, Watt shouldn't get too much of the praise.

Every ******* year he is hyped as the preseason DPOY... they love that dude, and he aint ever done ****... he just has fewer actual impact plays than his peers... if they want to make it a technical orecision beauty contest, then some block eating DT probably deserves it more... but if you make it about impact plays, then you dont give it to a guy with lesser stats across the board

He already leads the NFL in sacks and QB Hits, hell he leads Garrett by 3 sacks and Parsons by 4 sacks.
He's tied right now. I'm talking having the outright lead. Then there is absolutely no excuse/reason for him to not be DPOY.